Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:46:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Did you sell?  (Voting closed: August 20, 2012, 11:52:11 AM)
Yeah - and I think I've sold at the bottom. - 10 (7.9%)
Yep, buying back in a few hours. - 16 (12.6%)
No, it'll blow over. - 27 (21.3%)
No, I'm extreme long term. - 52 (40.9%)
What do you mean? Why would anyone be selling? - 22 (17.3%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I dumped. Are you?  (Read 6204 times)
n3o111

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:48:55 AM

I dumped my girlfriend, these hoax ain't loyal. I never dump my Bitcoin, she's my new girlfriend now. I might think to dump her too if I see she's overbought in a short term. If she come back again, then she's mine. Wink
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 05:06:44 PM

There's nothing "mini" about the first 300% rise you are calling Mini Bubble there. It's the second largest price rise of the period (first being ~12 to ~150).

Not sure what you are looking at but the log price scale makes it easy to compare percentage gains just by comparing the size of the move. Its all relative but for bitcoin those are mini, they are smaller.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 06:12:56 PM

It's really cool to see people getting their nerves wrecked at price fluctuations from 13 to 17 dollars. This puts things into perspective. The threads about people selling at 1.2K and feeling like geniuses after leaving forever will make them feel like idiots in less than a decade.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:41:44 PM

Quote from: ElectricMucus
People still underestimate this selloff. We crossed below several trendfollowing exit thresholds so even if we rebound we are still going down.... At least till december imo.

I very much doubt that. Going totally all-in is actually an option right now, I've never seen such a buying opportunity with Bitcoin.

Yea it might be last chance to get coins at single digit.

I will stick my neck out and say this user was right.  Grin
Coming back to the present - this might be the last change to get bitcoins for $3xx

FrostStick

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:42:41 PM

I'm still HODLing. I'm not the sort of person that dumps easily Wink
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 12:14:09 AM

I'm still HODLing. I'm not the sort of person that dumps easily Wink

because you have weak hands? or because you just don't care about holding coins for the longterm because you don't think it will go up.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 01:02:11 AM

Quote from: Ruski
I dumped. Are you?

I am not dumped, and i feel sorry that you got dumped.
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 01:38:34 AM

Never dump. Unless you are on the toilet.  Tongue

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 01:53:39 AM

Never dump. Unless you are on the toilet.  Tongue

That's weird but in an even weirder way true.

Altcoins > dump when needed
Bitcoin > Never take your loss, the price eventually will rise

pitham1
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 03:38:50 AM

That's weird but in an even weirder way true.

Altcoins > dump when needed
Bitcoin > Never take your loss, the price eventually will rise

Don't get into alts, unless you feel like gambling.
It is easy to get on the wrong side of a pump and dump, and lose all your money.
Better to go long on Bitcoin.  Smiley

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 04:28:06 AM

No.

There are signs we will consolidate the 330's as the new floor. Unless you are dumping for a few bucks profit, it is not worth

Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 07:40:47 PM

I'm still holding.

cjgames.com
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4603

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:49:54 PM

I'm still holding.

Me too.

What prices in US$ was Bitcoins at when you acquired your first ones?

I'm relatively new, so I bought mine when it was at 9.40$

You're obviously doing quite well. I didn't get on board until it was $68. I'm jealous.  Wink

Hopefully you've bought many more coins since, but even if your average price has risen tenfold, you've still made a fortune on paper.

Hold like a boss.
richardsNY
Legendary

Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 08:59:52 PM

Regarding the current price - I am still holding the far majority of my coins as I am here for the long run. This however doesn't mean I am not securing some profits every now and then. It allows me to obtain a bit fiat that I can use to increase the number of coins that I have in case the price goes down. I have been doing this since the very first moment I jumped into Bitcoin. It works well for me as there are enough corrections popping up from time to time.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 11:59:11 PM

Quote from: ElectricMucus
People still underestimate this selloff. We crossed below several trendfollowing exit thresholds so even if we rebound we are still going down.... At least till december imo.

I very much doubt that. Going totally all-in is actually an option right now, I've never seen such a buying opportunity with Bitcoin.

Yea it might be last chance to get coins at single digit.

I will stick my neck out and say this user was right.  Grin
Coming back to the present - this might be the last change to get bitcoins for $3xx
How lucky they are who find out about bitcoin when the price still at $3xx or less (in the beginning) and have faith not to dump it easily.
Well, I think it pretty hard to holding such a long time because when the price rises is attempting to selloff your coins for profits, the trend keep continue until now. We're divide here, some holders and some sell when it rises.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:20:43 AM

At the time of OP, price fell from 15.40 to ~7.60 in a matter of hours. Pirateat40 defaulted on investors coins to the tune of 500k BTC which put the market into a panic.

mundang

Activity: 1008

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:55:29 AM

Best case - buy back when the dump is over, price rebounds Monday.

Okay case - price continues to fall, I'll take my losses and avoid being a bagholder for six months.

Worst case - I just sold into the daily low and it's about to rebound right now. Lips sealed
Im still waiting and hoping that it can break the 800$ barrier before selling some of my btc.. 820$ is my first option in selling my bitcoin. Next year my target is 900$. And before 2017 ends,ATH IS REAL!!!
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 03:19:36 AM

Regarding the current price - I am still holding the far majority of my coins as I am here for the long run. This however doesn't mean I am not securing some profits every now and then. It allows me to obtain a bit fiat that I can use to increase the number of coins that I have in case the price goes down. I have been doing this since the very first moment I jumped into Bitcoin. It works well for me as there are enough corrections popping up from time to time.

Yeah it would be great, if you hold the bitcoin for long years. Seriously in future Bitcoin would become most powerful stock in the world and price will also move to skyrocket. However will wait watch the upcoming price pump.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 03:23:24 PM

Damn OP, time to admit you fucked up big time. We had 450 dollars by the time you dumped, now we have 770 and growing.

You can take the lesson: If you dump, you will regret sooner or later. It's always better to buy and hold, never sell. No matter what happens, one does never sell. When you see a dip, you see an opportunity to buy more, that's all.
BigBos

Activity: 1918
Merit: 448

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 04:10:48 PM

I did not do that, especially now approaching the end of the year. dumping now will only make us lose. Well, maybe I will hold in a long time. it might make some advantage for me, and I know the price of bitcoin will certainly grow in the near future. well, that was my main reason in this case
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: