Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:22:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] BuyMonero.net - BTC cost averaging  (Read 3745 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GingerAle (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 11:08:22 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2016, 06:05:33 PM by GingerAle

(as of 20160119, this service is currently suspended as we are looking for new hosting options. We apologize for the downtime)

Greetings!

Onemorexmr, fluffypony and I made a new service called BuyMonero.net. Essentially, this is a bot that buys Monero for you on the exchange (currently Poloniex) so you don’t have to constantly watch the markets to get Monero at a good price.

Instead, you can program the bot to buy a certain amount of XMR per day. Over the course of weeks or months, you will (theoretically) obtain your Monero at a lower cost than if you were to place large buy orders. This is known as the  cost average effect.

The service is designed to require no more trust than is already in the exchange system. The service works through the API of the exchange, meaning that you deposit your BTC to the exchange (Poloniex) in order to purchase Monero. Essentially, BuyMonero.net never has control of your bitcoin. Furthermore BuyMonero.net also can’t touch your Monero in your exchange account. Additionally, you login to buymonero.net using your Poloniex API key!

How it works: you fund your exchange account with bitcoin, and you fund your BuyMonero.net account with XMR (using a specific payment ID that is provided). The current fee for this service is 1% -  1 XMR per 100 XMR purchased.  For example, if you deposit 5 XMR in your BuyMonero.net account, your bot can purchase 500 XMR on the exchange (if you deposited enough BTC in your poloniex account!)

The total time to set up your BuyMonero.net bot is approximately 10-15 minutes (mostly waiting for the bitcoin to transfer), but you’ll essentially never have to deal with the Poloniex interface again! Once its set up, you can simply deposit more bitcoin in your Poloniex account and deposit more XMR in your BuyMonero.net account. The only time you’ll have to login to Poloniex is to withdraw your Monero!

If you are interested, please check out the website:  BuyMonero.net

Any questions, please feel free to ask. Also, new service suggestions welcome, glitches may be possible but will be fixed and fast. For general troubleshooting, please use the forums (as this will encourage community assistance). But do not post your payment IDs!

Screenshot of user adjustable bot settings:

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:12:40 AM

i confirm that i developed and host buymonero.net.
i am also the only one who sees api-keys from all users and has access to the wallet.

if you have any suggestions or ideas feel free to contact us!

happy trading!

Florian Werner
flower@k1024.de (private)
info@buymonero.net (official)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:59:49 AM

Interesting! Is the bot user-programmable?
onemorexmr

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:01:53 PM

Interesting! Is the bot user-programmable?

not yet; version 2 is (but psssst.... it'll take a while for me to finish testing and implementing it)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
antw081

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:16:27 PM

Excellent service! I've registered and looking forward to programmable bots  Cheesy
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:52:28 AM

How are the Poloniex fees handled?
onemorexmr

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:22:11 AM

How are the Poloniex fees handled?

as usual poloniex keeps their fee.
we take our fee from the amount bought (not from your poloniex account ofc).

osensei

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://monerohash.com

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 02:05:51 PM

Quoted from Monero ANN thread:
for simplicity sakes i go through the history of your executed polo orders to calculate our fee - if you use an existing account that would mean that your account starts with a negative balance

Couldn't you consider only the orders made after the user entered the API key at BuyMonero to calculate the fees on an existing account?

i did not do this, because i thought that if a user tries to use his existing account he will also continue trading with that account...and i have no way to detect that (i can make an educated guess buy manually looking into the polo-history - but i don't even store your poloniex trade history on my server)

so i see it as a way to get my users to make a new account which they dont touch.
(btw can we continue on this thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1017131). we are a little offtopic here.

Ok, that makes sense, I was just curious Smiley

Congrats on the new service!

MoneroHash.com - U.S. Mining Pool
onemorexmr

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:26:27 PM

Excellent service! I've registered and looking forward to programmable bots  Cheesy

you are welcome Wink

GingerAle (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 12:20:27 AM

Response pulled from the Monero Speculation Thread

This is a great idea. One thing I must mention for cost averaging to work correctly one needs to specify a fixed amount of XBT per day not a fixed amount of XMR per day, if one is purchasing XMR with XBT.

Thank you for the recommendation! We (well, that's the queenly we... onemorexmr is the one with the magic computer skills) is currently implementing this change.

Onward and upward!

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
GingerAle (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 11:15:55 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 04:07:53 AM by GingerAle

Early Adopter Promotion!

This weekend only! Starting now!

Buy 1 get 2 Free!

To award early adopters, we are offering a 3 for 1 promotion! (Buy one, get 3!) This is also to draw attention to our improved functionality (option to spend a certain amount of BTC per day).

What does that mean?

That means we will triple the amount of XMR deposited in your buymonero.net account. So if you deposit 1 XMR, we will add 2 XMR to it for a total of 3 XMR of bot buying power!!!! If you deposit 10 XMR, we will add 20 XMR to it!

How do you get this promotion?

1. create a new account using the following link:

BuyMonero.net/promo

For detailed instructions on buymonero.net function and how to setup account, please see BuyMonero.net
NOTE: you must deposit monero in your buymonero.net account in order to receive the promotion. This is part of setting up the account.

2. Copy the unique PROMO code.

3. Paste the following into your signature:
Code:
[color=blue][size=14pt][url=https://buymonero.net/]BuyMonero.net[/url][/size][/color]:   [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_cost_averaging]Cost averaging for Monero![/url]

4. Post the unique promo code on this thread. This will verify that you have added the above to your signature.
NOTE: This must remain in your signature for at least 3 weeks. If it is removed before then, we can deduct the promotional amount.

5. We will add the additional amount to your buymonero.net account. (This might take a while, but we will add it within 12 hours)
NOTE: At no point can you withdraw from your buymonero.net account

We are not tripling the amount of XMR that a given amount of BTC can buy. We are tripling the bot functioning time that a given amount of XMR can buy. The bot fee goes from 1% to 0.333%

Fine print:

We will add a maximum of 20 XMR. If you deposit 5 XMR, you get 10 XMR for a total of 15 XMR. If you deposit 10 XMR, you get a total of 30 XMR. If you deposit 20 XMR, you get a total of 40 XMR. If you deposit 50 XMR, you get a total of 70 XMR.

Promotional offer ends 4/12/2015 at midnight US eastern or until supplies last.

You MUST copy the unique promo code! Please don't forget this!!!

All existing customers are receiving this promotion. Thanks for signing up so early!

No sock puppets! Limited 1 per bitcointalk signature. If your bitcointalk account was made after 7 AM US eastern 4/10/2015, we will not honor promo code.

I feel like I'm channeling my inner Billy Mays

LIMITED TIME ONLY! ACT NOW!

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 07:48:07 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2015, 08:47:31 PM by generalizethis

PROMO-Key: 655906100

Can't pass on free Monero.

*Had to change promo code--didn't associate/marry the account I created with the account info on promo page. Should be a valid account associated with the promo code now.  Embarrassed

GingerAle (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 08:52:24 PM

Cool. I deleted my quoted response to clear up potential confusion. We will use the new code you posted.

onemorexmr

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:54:59 PM

PROMO-Key: 313661619

Can't pass on free Monero.

awesome. I'll hook yah up tonight with the extra monero!!!

( and you know its not technically free monero, right?)  Grin

You beat me! Was changing promo code as you wrote. See the adjusted post for the correct one. Oh, and thanks for this service--I was just thinking about bot buying the other day and this make things easier.

reloading the promo-registration page does not give you a new promo-code (only if you actually use that page for registering).

may i have the first three digits of your payment id (preferably in private - pm or mail (info@buymonero.net) as you like)?

i will set the promo code from your post above (655906100) on your account manually

onemorexmr

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:16:57 PM

may i have the first three digits of your payment id (preferably in private - pm or mail (info@buymonero.net) as you like)?

i will set the promo code from your post above (655906100) on your account manually

i have received your mail and have set your promo code to the code mentioned in the quote above.

thank you for trying us and welcome!

edit: it was a kind of message but no mail Wink

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 10:10:39 PM

i have received your mail and have set your promo code to the code mentioned in the quote above.

thank you for trying us and welcome!

edit: it was a kind of message but no mail Wink

Thanks, not seeing a poloniex BTC balance though  Huh

Also, on the instructions I caught a typo: "Press register. The following instructions are also (cloated) on the "Status" page for your convenience"

onemorexmr

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:16:31 PM

due to poloniex rate limiting we dont request your balance that often (we have to do this requests once per customer).

we requested it once when you create your account (i guess you funded your poloniex account afterwards - which is perfectly fine).

as soon as your "time window" is reached our bot will check your balance a few seconds before he tries to buy and starts buying if there is enough btc available.

Also, on the instructions I caught a typo: "Press register. The following instructions are also (cloated) on the "Status" page for your convenience"

thank you for pointing that out.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 10:22:54 PM

due to poloniex rate limiting we dont request your balance that often (we have to do this requests once per customer).

we requested it once when you create your account (i guess you funded your poloniex account afterwards - which is perfectly fine).

as soon as your "time window" is reached our bot will check your balance a few seconds before he tries to buy and starts buying if there is enough btc available.

thank you for pointing that out.

Understood, thanks for answering so quickly.

GingerAle (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 02:36:28 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 04:07:14 AM by GingerAle

Early Adopter Promotion!

This weekend only!

Buy 1 get 2 Free!

To award early adopters, we are offering a 3 for 1 promotion! (Buy one, get 3!) This is also to draw attention to our improved functionality (option to spend a certain amount of BTC per day).

What does that mean?

That means we will triple the amount of XMR deposited in your buymonero.net account. So if you deposit 1 XMR, we will add 2 XMR to it for a total of 3 XMR of bot buying power!!!! If you deposit 10 XMR, we will add 20 XMR to it!

How do you get this promotion?

1. create a new account using the following link:

BuyMonero.net/promo

For detailed instructions on buymonero.net function and how to setup account, please see BuyMonero.net
NOTE: you must deposit monero in your buymonero.net account in order to receive the promotion. This is part of setting up the account.

2. Copy the unique PROMO code.

3. Paste the following into your signature:
Code:
[color=blue][size=14pt][url=https://buymonero.net/]BuyMonero.net[/url][/size][/color]:   [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_cost_averaging]Cost averaging for Monero![/url]

4. Post the unique promo code on this thread. This will verify that you have added the above to your signature.
NOTE: This must remain in your signature for at least 3 weeks. If it is removed before then, we can deduct the promotional amount.

5. We will add the additional amount to your buymonero.net account. (This might take a while, but we will add it within 12 hours)
NOTE: At no point can you withdraw from your buymonero.net account

We are not tripling the amount of XMR that a given amount of BTC can buy. We are tripling the bot functioning time that a given amount of XMR can buy. The bot fee goes from 1% to 0.333%

Fine print:

We will add a maximum of 20 XMR. If you deposit 5 XMR, you get 10 XMR for a total of 15 XMR. If you deposit 10 XMR, you get a total of 30 XMR. If you deposit 20 XMR, you get a total of 40 XMR. If you deposit 50 XMR, you get a total of 70 XMR.

Promotional offer ends 4/12/2015 at midnight US eastern or until supplies last.

You MUST copy the unique promo code! Please don't forget this!!!

All existing customers are receiving this promotion. Thanks for signing up so early!

No sock puppets! Limited 1 per bitcointalk signature. If your bitcointalk account was made after 7 AM US eastern 4/10/2015, we will not honor promo code.

I feel like I'm channeling my inner Billy Mays

LIMITED TIME ONLY! ACT NOW!

QuantumQrack

Activity: 337

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:35:01 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: