Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:30:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] BuyMonero.net - BTC cost averaging  (Read 3745 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yamaka

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 04:24:37 AM

GingerAle (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 04:32:47 AM

Funded!

Thanks for adding us to your signature! due to your status, the signature cuts off, so you could change it to just the first part if you wanted. Up to you!

Code:
[color=blue][size=14pt][url=https://buymonero.net/]BuyMonero.net[/url][/size][/color]

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
GingerAle (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 04:35:19 AM

Promotion sent! Thanks for adding the sig!! Any questions or feature requests, let us know!

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
GingerAle (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 01:14:59 PM

Early Adopter Promotion!

This weekend only!

Buy 1 get 2 Free!

To award early adopters, we are offering a 3 for 1 promotion! (Buy one, get 3!) This is also to draw attention to our improved functionality (option to spend a certain amount of BTC per day).

What does that mean?

That means we will triple the amount of XMR deposited in your buymonero.net account. So if you deposit 1 XMR, we will add 2 XMR to it for a total of 3 XMR of bot buying power!!!! If you deposit 10 XMR, we will add 20 XMR to it!

How do you get this promotion?

1. create a new account using the following link:

BuyMonero.net/promo

For detailed instructions on buymonero.net function and how to setup account, please see BuyMonero.net
NOTE: you must deposit monero in your buymonero.net account in order to receive the promotion. This is part of setting up the account.

2. Copy the unique PROMO code.

3. Paste the following into your signature:
Code:
[color=blue][size=14pt][url=https://buymonero.net]BuyMonero.net[/url][/size][/color]:   [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_cost_averaging]Cost averaging for Monero![/url]

4. Post the unique promo code on this thread. This will verify that you have added the above to your signature.
NOTE: This must remain in your signature for at least 3 weeks. If it is removed before then, we can deduct the promotional amount.

5. We will add the additional amount to your buymonero.net account. (This might take a while, but we will add it within 12 hours)
NOTE: At no point can you withdraw from your buymonero.net account

We are not tripling the amount of XMR that a given amount of BTC can buy. We are tripling the bot functioning time that a given amount of XMR can buy. The bot fee is reduced from 1% to 0.333%

Fine print:

We will add a maximum of 20 XMR. If you deposit 5 XMR, you get 10 XMR for a total of 15 XMR. If you deposit 10 XMR, you get a total of 30 XMR. If you deposit 20 XMR, you get a total of 40 XMR. If you deposit 50 XMR, you get a total of 70 XMR.

Promotional offer ends 4/12/2015 at midnight US eastern or until supplies last.

You MUST copy the unique promo code! Please don't forget this!!!

All existing customers are receiving this promotion. Thanks for signing up so early!

No sock puppets! Limited 1 per bitcointalk signature. If your bitcointalk account was made after 7 AM US eastern 4/10/2015, we will not honor promo code.

I feel like I'm channeling my inner Billy Mays

LIMITED TIME ONLY! ACT NOW!

mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:15:02 PM

Instead, you can program the bot to buy a certain amount of XMR per day.

This logic is user programmable? Can you show some screenshots?
GingerAle (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 06:32:26 PM

Brilliant idea.

added to OP as well.

mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:16:05 PM

Great! That helps. What time of day does it buy? Can this be configured?
GingerAle (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 08:57:06 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 03:00:56 AM by GingerAle

Great! That helps. What time of day does it buy? Can this be configured?

Onemorexmr is making an "advanced mode" that will allow a lot of stuff.

Currently, the bot places a buy order below market price. So just like if you were on polo and the highest buy price was 0.0042 and it looked pretty stable there but you wanted to see if you could get a deal, you'd be like "eh, I'm gonna place a buy order at 0.0039" So thats what the bot does.

So that buy order will sit there, until someone sells you some monero for that price!

However, if that order isn't filled (say, for instance, the market is very bullish that day - it keeps going up.. so the highest buy price is now 0.0049 and your order is still 0.0039), the bot will check and go "holy crap, I haven't bought any XMR in the past 24 hours. I should buy some". The bot will cancel its order at 0.0039, and then place a new buy order, right around the highest buy price. This way someone is sure to sell to the bot, so your bot will have succeeded in buying some XMR in that day.

After that order is complete, the cycle repeats.

So that 24 hour mark is where the bot goes "did I buy something in the past 24 hours?" This 24 hour counter is chosen randomly

GingerAle (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 04:57:11 AM

Early Adopter Promotion!

This weekend only!

Buy 1 get 2 Free!

To award early adopters, we are offering a 3 for 1 promotion! (Buy one, get 3!) This is also to draw attention to our improved functionality (option to spend a certain amount of BTC per day).

What does that mean?

That means we will triple the amount of XMR deposited in your buymonero.net account. So if you deposit 1 XMR, we will add 2 XMR to it for a total of 3 XMR of bot buying power!!!! If you deposit 10 XMR, we will add 20 XMR to it!

How do you get this promotion?

1. create a new account using the following link:

BuyMonero.net/promo

For detailed instructions on buymonero.net function and how to setup account, please see BuyMonero.net
NOTE: you must deposit monero in your buymonero.net account in order to receive the promotion. This is part of setting up the account.

2. Copy the unique PROMO code.

3. Paste the following into your signature:
Code:
[color=blue][size=14pt][url=https://buymonero.net]BuyMonero.net[/url][/size][/color]:   [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_cost_averaging]Cost averaging for Monero![/url]

4. Post the unique promo code on this thread. This will verify that you have added the above to your signature.
NOTE: This must remain in your signature for at least 3 weeks. If it is removed before then, we can deduct the promotional amount.

5. We will add the additional amount to your buymonero.net account. (This might take a while, but we will add it within 12 hours)
NOTE: At no point can you withdraw from your buymonero.net account

We are not tripling the amount of XMR that a given amount of BTC can buy. We are tripling the bot functioning time that a given amount of XMR can buy. The bot fee is reduced from 1% to 0.333%

Fine print:

We will add a maximum of 20 XMR. If you deposit 5 XMR, you get 10 XMR for a total of 15 XMR. If you deposit 10 XMR, you get a total of 30 XMR. If you deposit 20 XMR, you get a total of 40 XMR. If you deposit 50 XMR, you get a total of 70 XMR.

Promotional offer ends 4/12/2015 at midnight US eastern or until supplies last.

You MUST copy the unique promo code! Please don't forget this!!!

All existing customers are receiving this promotion. Thanks for signing up so early!

No sock puppets! Limited 1 per bitcointalk signature. If your bitcointalk account was made after 7 AM US eastern 4/10/2015, we will not honor promo code.

I feel like I'm channeling my inner Billy Mays

LIMITED TIME ONLY! ACT NOW!

pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:14:17 AM

How long does it take to switch from buying a constant amount of XMR to spending a constant amount of BTC? In other words, after updating on the buymonero.net website, how long before the order is changed on Poloniex?
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 08:18:51 AM

How long does it take to switch from buying a constant amount of XMR to spending a constant amount of BTC? In other words, after updating on the buymonero.net website, how long before the order is changed on Poloniex?

as soon as your next timewindow is reached the bot will take the new setting to buy the changed amount.

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
GingerAle (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 11:56:26 AM

Just to clarify, the early adopter promotion is now over. Thanks all that joined during this early phase!

onemorexmr

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 12:07:11 PM

are there any specific options you'd like to make?

atm its only possible to configure if you want to buy a specific xmr amount or just buy as many xmr as possible with a defined btc amount.

you can't define the time when the bot will act. due to poloniex limits i need to spread all requests somewhat equally through the day.

i plan to make this possible soon *tm* though - together with switching to an interval you like (eg 1xmr/1h or 1xmr/6h or something like that).

a small trick: if your buymonero account is unfunded, you may just go to polo and make a new apikey. if you use this to create a new to our site you will get a new time randomly.
if you do this: please disable your old api key on polo.

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:04:13 PM

Honestly, it may be better to just keep it simple. As long as users are provided with information so that they can understand the constraints, like what you and GingerAle have provided, I think it's good.

I would be curious to know more technically how it handles daily price spikes, regarding what GingerAle said:

However, if that order isn't filled (say, for instance, the market is very bullish that day - it keeps going up.. so the highest buy price is now 0.0049 and your order is still 0.0039), the bot will check and go "holy crap, I haven't bought any XMR in the past 24 hours. I should buy some". The bot will cancel its order at 0.0039, and then place a new buy order, right around the highest buy price. This way someone is sure to sell to the bot, so your bot will have succeeded in buying some XMR in that day.
GingerAle (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 04:33:40 PM

Honestly, it may be better to just keep it simple. As long as users are provided with information so that they can understand the constraints, like what you and GingerAle have provided, I think it's good.

I would be curious to know more technically how it handles daily price spikes, regarding what GingerAle said:

Well, here we border on disclosing too much and risking exploit (onemorexmr can elaborate more if he feels it won't disclose too much), but whats important for the switch to the "higher buy order" behavior is mostly the 24 hour clock.

In the future I think we will implement a feature to optionally disable the "higher buy order" behavior. This will cause you to potentially not accumulate XMR in a given day, but it will allow you to avoid daily price spikes.

But again, the point is that regardless of daily price spikes, you will still, on average, accumulate XMR more cheaply (especially using the "spend this amount of BTC per day).

That is unless, of course, you gobbled up a lot of XMR during the end of 2014.

damashup

Activity: 259

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 05:00:08 PM

Watching with interest to see the adoption of this... I'm by not means a programmer but taught myself enough python to get a quite sophisticated bot up and running on Poloniex. So always good to see what the competition is doing!  Smiley
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5028

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:57:26 PM

Watching with interest to see the adoption of this... I'm by not means a programmer but taught myself enough python to get a quite sophisticated bot up and running on Poloniex. So always good to see what the competition is doing!  Smiley

Nice to hear, why don't you post what points your bot purchased at in a few days. I'd be interested to see the results. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
onemorexmr

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:08:29 PM

Nice to hear, why don't you post what points your bot purchased at in a few days. I'd be interested to see the results. Smiley

you love data, do you Wink
looking forward to see your results..

but: if your results are too close to what i am really doing i will change the rate-discovery slightly.

btw. the easiest way would be to just open multiple accounts and buying huuuge amounts (huge is always better i'd say) Cheesy

have a nice day and thanks for your interest Wink

GingerAle (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 10:54:05 AM

Tired of riding the monero wave? Tired of second-guessing your buying decisions? Get a bot to do it for you!!

Set up a new poloniex account, get an API key, set up a buymonero.net account, and let your bot accumulate your monero for you!!

ciocgun

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 12:21:30 PM

I've lost the occasion to get some free monero.
I joined the website today.
Are in program another promo for early user?

thank you for your service

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: