Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:26:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5BTC 2012 Fantasy Football League~!  (Read 6553 times)
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 07:04:04 PM

Autodraft: I'll do whatever, but I already have 2 other drafts I need to attend. I was looking forward to having a random autodraft league. Also, getting 10 people to agree on a time is going to be a bear this late in the season.

Question on autodraft: How does it work exactly? Will it give me a complete roster before picking up a 3rd RB or 4th WR?

I haven’t done an auto-draft in ages, but from what I remember reading - at least for Yahoo FFL, yes, Auto-Draft will fill out a complete starting roster before picking up your bench players. And that’s where auto-draft starts getting wonky.

It gets even more wonky when you have, for example, gotten one of your top choices for say, QB, but if you have any more QB’s ranked high on your list, you may end up getting three or four more of those before getting a player you really actually would have of picked given you got one of your top QB choices. You’ll get weird rosters with 6 QB’s, two back up-type RB’s as your starters and 3 kickers. Like I said, really wonky and potentially disappointing especially if 10 btc means something to you.

Ok. I would like to hear from ttbit, but a live draft is sounding like our best shot at making this happen. Do we need to get in before the season opener or are we okay with a week 2 start?

If we want in by wed. We're looking at a Tuesday night draft.

Any draft date is fine for me, evening/night time if on a weekday.

KajiMaster

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 08:29:21 PM

Signed up.  Sending my BTC to the escrow.

-kaji

If you like my post please donate! Me love you long time Smiley
1Nnc1eJkDpJV6HsSBJV2F4eAZoDJoKq5re

Be one of us and -=Join The Pyramid=-
http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/2717

Buying & Selling Bitcoin For CA$H in the Kansas City area!
Buy: https://localbitcoins.com/ad/4023/
Sell: https://localbitcoins.com/ad/4025/
eroxors (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 08:59:44 PM

Autodraft: I'll do whatever, but I already have 2 other drafts I need to attend. I was looking forward to having a random autodraft league. Also, getting 10 people to agree on a time is going to be a bear this late in the season.

Question on autodraft: How does it work exactly? Will it give me a complete roster before picking up a 3rd RB or 4th WR?

I haven’t done an auto-draft in ages, but from what I remember reading - at least for Yahoo FFL, yes, Auto-Draft will fill out a complete starting roster before picking up your bench players. And that’s where auto-draft starts getting wonky.

It gets even more wonky when you have, for example, gotten one of your top choices for say, QB, but if you have any more QB’s ranked high on your list, you may end up getting three or four more of those before getting a player you really actually would have of picked given you got one of your top QB choices. You’ll get weird rosters with 6 QB’s, two back up-type RB’s as your starters and 3 kickers. Like I said, really wonky and potentially disappointing especially if 10 btc means something to you.

I've done about 20 mock drafts based on my rankings and the only anomaly is one draft I got 4RBs on my bench, but they were good so I had no complaint, I think it just so happened that they were the highest players on my list that were available. They have probably refined the system a bit since you've tried it.

fishface

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 09:47:44 PM

Signed up and will send my BTC5 tonight. Tuesday night draft works great for me.
Junko
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 10:07:01 PM

I've done about 20 mock drafts based on my rankings and the only anomaly is one draft I got 4RBs on my bench, but they were good so I had no complaint, I think it just so happened that they were the highest players on my list that were available. They have probably refined the system a bit since you've tried it.

Ok, if you say so. I don't have any reason not to believe you. Anyway, I'm signed up for whatever. Hopefully, it'll be live draft.

So just to make sure, we get the address by pm'ing the forum member screen named "brendio" right?
OneVillain

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 11:33:30 PM

Is the auto draft setting set in stone? Because if it was manual draft, I would definitely join.

Not set in stone but scheduling will be a nightmare.
IMO.. randomly determine a draft time.  It still favors people who are less busy over people who are busy, but it removes the back-and-forth and everyone knows what they're signing up for.

I'd maybe play if it wasn't escrowed by someone running one of those "savings accounts" that pays out a really high %.

if you aren't going to play, don't play, you don't have to crap on my thread...  Angry
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I was just expressing interest in playing if those things changed.

♠ Heads-Up Bitcoin poker [we're closed, thanks for giving us a shot]: OneVillain.com ♦♣ Follow us on Twitter
eroxors (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 04:41:45 AM

Tentatively, lets go with a live draft at 11:00 EST, 7:00 PST on Tuesday 9/4.

Junko
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 05:13:13 AM

Tentatively, lets go with a live draft at 11:00 EST, 7:00 PST on Tuesday 9/4.
Sounds good to me.

EDIT: Isn't there only a three hour difference between EST and PST?
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 04:47:46 PM

I have currently only received buy ins from eroxors and TTBit. I have had another enquiry for a deposit address, but some on here who have stated they are interested have not contacted me for a deposit address.

Also, please let me know what to do with the excess fees now that you have reduced the entry fee.

TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 07:22:32 PM

I have another live draft tuesday night (9pm ET), and it is an auction. As long as we don't do an auction, I am fine with a live snake draft that night.

Brendio can refund 5 btc: 1BTYMYMP9GKG9DGPN9Q878ZB2W7SHK993X, or someone else can send their entry to that address.

Looking forward to the season!

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
Junko
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 07:33:07 PM

@brendio: PM sent
eroxors (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 05:08:56 AM

I have currently only received buy ins from eroxors and TTBit. I have had another enquiry for a deposit address, but some on here who have stated they are interested have not contacted me for a deposit address.

Also, please let me know what to do with the excess fees now that you have reduced the entry fee.

Please hold on to mine for the time being.

eroxors (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 05:10:59 AM

Presently, we have 6 players. I will be PMing some of the others who have expressed interest in hopes that we can get to 10 and I'm confident that we can.

The draft will be at 11:00 EST on Tuesday night, I'm not sure what that is in PST but please adjust accordingly. If you cannot make the draft, please ensure your rankings are modified, especially the players you do NOT want to draft.

Shagnasty

Activity: 148

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 08:36:16 AM

I have a 1 BTC league starting. 8-12 players.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105390.0

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
►  5 LEAGUES      ►  5 BITCOIN
██                       75 WINNERS DRAWN MONTHLY                       ██
fishface

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 09:01:08 AM

Sent my 5btc buy-in. Draft time sounds great, that's 8 pacific time for those that may need assistance Smiley
eroxors (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 03:10:50 PM

Why not just join this league?

Shagnasty

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 03:25:50 PM

I only own around 2 btc right now lol.

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
eroxors (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 03:39:38 PM

I only own around 2 btc right now lol.

I would give you a BTC3 loan if you wanted to play. No juice, but no payout unless you fully repay by playoffs.

If you agree, PM Brendio for a deposit address and send your BTC2 to him. I'll send the rest.

Shagnasty

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 04:48:26 PM

Cool man ill do it tomorrow when i get back in town. Can i sign up now?

eroxors (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 06:10:56 PM

Yeah, you can signup, but all payments needs to be made ASAP.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: