Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 01:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote, automated source) *new thread*  (Read 4079 times)
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:29:18 AM

I just open my Dashcoin wallet with dashcoinwalletgui-1.1.1-windows. And then I clik "Create wallet", and it's showing a text "Please wait for the sync to complete". I waiting for long but nothing happen, I don't understand what's goin' on.

faucet used to be profitable
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:15:40 PM

What are the purpose & benefits of automated source?

I think the primary (only?) benefit is that you get bytecoin, with automated updates, without the 83% premine.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:16:26 PM

I just open my Dashcoin wallet with dashcoinwalletgui-1.1.1-windows. And then I clik "Create wallet", and it's showing a text "Please wait for the sync to complete". I waiting for long but nothing happen, I don't understand what's goin' on.

It takes a long time to sync the blockchain, maybe up to 1 or 2 days depending on your network speed, cpu, and network speed of your peers.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:21:56 PM

I think the primary (only?) benefit is that you get bytecoin, with automated updates, without the 83% premine.

It's 83% now? LOL. On the bytecoin thread they were just complaining that it had grown from 80% to 82%
arielbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:28:03 PM

bytecoin is dashcoin's "satoshi nakamoto".....bytecoin released the original and we mine and trade it in the name of dashcoin, maybe in the future coders will join this coin...i am even encouraging bytecoin devs to hop in here..they won't have the premine issue here and a cool name for a coin-->look at darkcoin/DASH name stealing
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:45:53 PM

I was at the grocery store and I heard two old ladies talking while they were waiting to check out.  They were saying that most of the ladies they talked to at bingo night said they were going to start mining more dashcoin instead of monero.  The bagboy mumbled something fuddish, and one of the old ladies pulled out a picture of a trollface with a hilarious caption, and she seemed to imply that the picture represented the bagboy.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:05:32 PM

I was at the grocery store and I heard two old ladies talking while they were waiting to check out.  They were saying that most of the ladies they talked to at bingo night said they were going to start mining more dashcoin instead of monero.  The bagboy mumbled something fuddish, and one of the old ladies pulled out a picture of a trollface with a hilarious caption, and she seemed to imply that the picture represented the bagboy.

Seriously, Old ladies?? Huh
They mine Dashcoin.. Shocked wow... I just can give them applause Lips sealed

faucet used to be profitable
arielbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:26:05 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 12:54:26 AM by arielbit

before i go to sleep I'd like to share an idea...

why don't we make/create a meaning for our "dash" i suggest decentralized cash, i think it is better than darkcoin's DASH "digital cash"..here's why.

digital cash is like digitized cash

a bank account which is inside a computer/servers/database is in digital form, a 100$ cash deposited in a bank will be digitized (put in a computer) so you can access it online or via ATM hence you can call it digital cash.

Darkcoin's DASH is not newbie friendly. paypal, bank account can be called digital cash. they may say anonymity feature is the digital "cash" part because the physical cash is anonymous just like in digital form(DASH/darkcoin)...and the newbie will go back to paypal and bank accounts and say they are not anonymous---this is the part that they will say it is a crypto currency like bitcoin, the anonymity is in the feature

Live Coverage from a multinational, multicultural, multilingual, multi-everything you can imagine, industry oriented trade show.

PACKED full of retailers, wholesalers, producers, distributers, whole industry circuit.

After a whole damn year of pushing crypto's, specifically Darkcoin because, well, no need to explain... everyone always looked side-ways! And in MOST cases I did not even mention Darkcoin, just Bitcoin!!

This time, I am absolutely ASTONISHED at the reception to Dash!

GP    - Hello mate, remember me from XYZ trade fair 6 months ago?
dude - Ah yeah!, Kind of, of yeah I do recognised you
 GP   - Super! Hey, have you heard of Dash ?
dude - hmmm... Dash? not reeeeally... wot'iz'it?
 GP   - Well, in a nutshell... its digital cash.
dude - Oh right, yeah, we use Paypal.
 GP   - No no ... I mean, really, digital cash, not a payment processor, like real cash, no fee's no chargebacks, no banks, no nothing.
dude -  wot you on about mate? (he's english)
 GP  -  Well...

I then explain the fundamentals, and he's 100% hypnotised and eating my every word, like and evangelist preaching to his cult audience.

Never, in a full year, have I had such immediate response.

while decentralized cash is a decentralized cash DASHcoin

when a newbie asked what is decentralized cash, we can say directly it is a crypto currency like bitcoin..we can simply say the anonymity is in the feature. done

we can let the community to think and wait for it (might have better ideas to pop up here) to be official, this is just my suggestion

edit: people will eventually ask what is dash? you call your coin dashcoin, what is dash?
arielbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:07:09 AM

talked with papa_lazzarou and kushed, they will be in charge with the new dashcoin thread

this is our new thread now..see you there  Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: