Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:10:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitinstant paycard  (Read 26565 times)
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 04:53:25 PM

bad communication!

What bad communication?

I hope yankee responds to my pm about bitcoin-bitcoin transactions ;_;

Sure, I don't see a PM yet, but will be online for the next few hours.
I was asking if there is a way to do bitcoin transactions using the card, not just btc-usd/whatever. Maybe like an RFID tag in the card. Maybe merchants would start accepting bitcoin directly if they saw enough people use the cards

Hmm, thats a good idea. I doubt MS or Visa would allow us to alter their cards, but maybe an RFID sticker?

Throw me any suggestions!
optional RFID stickers that can be placed on the card that can be used in conjunction with the RFID thingies some payment terminals have. Using software that is run on one of the businesses machines it will convert the USD amount to BTC, and send a request to the address on the RFID tag. Somehow you verify this (pin on the terminal?) and the btc is sent.

hi
camem

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:12:17 PM

bad communication!

What bad communication?

I hope yankee responds to my pm about bitcoin-bitcoin transactions ;_;

Sure, I don't see a PM yet, but will be online for the next few hours.
I was asking if there is a way to do bitcoin transactions using the card, not just btc-usd/whatever. Maybe like an RFID tag in the card. Maybe merchants would start accepting bitcoin directly if they saw enough people use the cards

Hmm, thats a good idea. I doubt MS or Visa would allow us to alter their cards, but maybe an RFID sticker?

Throw me any suggestions!

um... have you tried asking your card provider about their contactless product line ? I'll bet a bitcoin they've got one, that'll do your nfc stuff for you. sticker wouldn't be any good unless you connected it up to the chip but that would be *much* harder than just getting their contactless enabled chip (which will also be PCI compliant, at least until you install a bitcoin app on it)
alexanderanon

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 11:19:17 AM

If this turns out to be vaporware, then color me disappoint. I'll probably head over to the speculation board and post a bunch of bear threads with excessive amounts of caps lock.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 05:07:49 PM

If this turns out to be vaporware, then color me disappoint. I'll probably head over to the speculation board and post a bunch of bear threads with excessive amounts of caps lock.

lol it's not vaporware, but after me leaking and starting this whole fiasco, Mastercard, my banks, and lawyers begged me to not say a word about this until launch.

For once, I will listen  Grin

Stay tuned...

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 05:14:14 PM

lol it's not vaporware, but after me leaking and starting this whole fiasco, Mastercard, my banks, and lawyers begged me to not say a word about this until launch.

Stay tuned...

I've been tuned in for some time, as I intend to have one of the first 100 in the world.  Roughly eight weeks ago the timeline for release was late October, so can you at least let us know if things are on track, or are there more delays?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 05:17:36 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2012, 06:05:46 PM by MoonShadow

litecoin too pls

hi
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 05:23:31 PM

litecoin too pls

never ever! Cheesy

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 12:58:23 AM

Stay tuned...

I've been tuned in for some time, as I intend to have one of the first 100 in the world.  Roughly eight weeks ago the timeline for release was late October, so can you at least let us know if things are on track, or are there more delays?

Things are still nicely on track.

I never intended to give a timeline when I did, and even when I leaked it I said "possibly 6-8 weeks" which turned into '6-8 weeks' by word of mouth.

Anyone involved in a debit card program knows its impossible to give a timeline.

The good news is that we are still on track and making nice progress.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 07:50:07 AM

After "THE September announcement" and "Bitinstant paycard" everyone should be a bit more cautionous with self-imposed deadlines.. ;-)
Yes, we are one impatient mob here!

Me too, can't wait to hold it in my hands!

Ente
D.H.

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Bitcoin.se site owner

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 08:18:25 AM

After "THE September announcement" and "Bitinstant paycard" everyone should be a bit more cautionous with self-imposed deadlines.. ;-)

For the record, Bitcoin Foundation was announced in September, just as promised.

www.bitcoin.se - Forum, nyheter och information på svenska! (Forum, news and information in Swedish)
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 01:55:54 PM

For the record, Bitcoin Foundation was announced in September, just as promised.

Actually yes, you are absolutely right!
Gavin didn't expect and wish for so much attention and expectations before the announcement, though..
The "deadline" given here was meant differently than it is now made of, I feel..

Ente
alexanderanon

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 08:31:47 PM

biweekly bump. updates?
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 10:31:12 PM

biweekly bump. updates?

Plenty.

However, not gonna post an update on the forums. Please wait for our releases. Last time I leaked info, I got us in trouble

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 10:41:55 PM

So... can we quote you with:

"Any progress on this?"

Plenty.

??
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 11:05:19 PM

So... can we quote you with:

"Any progress on this?"

Plenty.

??

Sure, feel free lol.

You think we're sitting around twiddling out thumbs?

Erik posted an update somewhere on these forums recently, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122558.msg1319126#msg1319126

-Charlie

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 08:19:51 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2012, 10:09:16 AM by Gyrsur

is the card dead now? the registration link is gone away on your website.

EDIT: ohh sorry it is only outsourced. below on the website is the link. good for you we don't need to pay in advance.

minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 04:58:26 PM

Updated info would be nice...
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 07:41:53 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2012, 05:59:31 PM by Rassah

At least wait until CES.

EDIT: Crap! Wrong card! I'm waiting for the Bitcoincard, which is supposed to have some news at CES. This is a different card I'm also waiting on. Sorry I confused the two.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 04:30:50 AM

At least wait until CES.
Christmas sucks compared to what CES will have for us this year.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 02:44:03 PM

Actually yes, you are absolutely right!
Gavin didn't expect and wish for so much attention and expectations before the announcement, though..
The "deadline" given here was meant differently than it is now made of, I feel..

Ente

I guess the original point stands, just slightly from a different angle: everybody thought it was going to be something actually important, then Gavin came up with an announcement nobody actually cares about. People did feel let down but nobody really wanted to be the one breaking this news to him/them.

So...careful with hype, it builds easy and blows up in your face even easier. This is thE IMTERMET!

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: