Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:36:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitinstant paycard  (Read 26563 times)
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 03:32:07 PM

Actually yes, you are absolutely right!
Gavin didn't expect and wish for so much attention and expectations before the announcement, though..
The "deadline" given here was meant differently than it is now made of, I feel..

Ente

I guess the original point stands, just slightly from a different angle: everybody thought it was going to be something actually important, then Gavin came up with an announcement nobody actually cares about. People did feel let down but nobody really wanted to be the one breaking this news to him/them.

So...careful with hype, it builds easy and blows up in your face even easier. This is thE IMTERMET!

The difference here is that no one knew what Gavins announcement was....you all know what this is.

In retrospect, me leaking this in a 3am IRC chat should not have caused this big of a hype. This project could take 4 weeks, or 4 months and there are alot of factors that go into this.

Most of you don't know what goes into creating and issuing your own card, its not easy for any company. Now imagine being in an industry where we have to convince everyone who needs to be involved that we are not the enemy, we are not money launderers or terrorists and we are responsible enough to take on this project.

You need permission from banks, card issuers, card makers, program managers, regulatory bodies, ect.

We are working thru it all, and most of the work is done as Erik has said.

Posting in this thread and coming up with opinions and ideas are stupid and just distract us from the real work we need to do.

We have posted many updates, always been transparent, never scammed anyone, and always have done what we say we will do.

Since this original announcement our team has doubled, budget doubled, operations grew, new relationships made and projects launched. This is not the only one.

Everyone on the preorder signup list will continue to get updates, this forum won't be the first spot when updates are posted.

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 06:28:05 PM

Wait, there is a pre-order signup?  Where is this?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 07:20:33 PM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dHZtVkZSVm92X0otR2gzb3UtckFVNVE6MQ

@Charlie
Are you saying you already sent some info out? I've never got any info to my "pre-order signup" email.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 07:31:50 PM

Yeah, me neither. It will be worth the wait.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 08:33:08 PM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dHZtVkZSVm92X0otR2gzb3UtckFVNVE6MQ

@Charlie
Are you saying you already sent some info out? I've never got any info to my "pre-order signup" email.

Thanks

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 11:06:14 AM

Gavin didn't expect and wish for so much attention and expectations before the announcement, though..
The "deadline" given here was meant differently than it is now made of, I feel..

Ente

I guess the original point stands, just slightly from a different angle: everybody thought it was going to be something actually important, then Gavin came up with an announcement nobody actually cares about. People did feel let down but nobody really wanted to be the one breaking this news to him/them.

So...careful with hype, it builds easy and blows up in your face even easier. This is thE IMTERMET!

The difference here is that no one knew what Gavins announcement was....you all know what this is.

In retrospect, me leaking this in a 3am IRC chat should not have caused this big of a hype. This project could take 4 weeks, or 4 months and there are alot of factors that go into this.

Most of you don't know what goes into creating and issuing your own card, its not easy for any company. Now imagine being in an industry where we have to convince everyone who needs to be involved that we are not the enemy, we are not money launderers or terrorists and we are responsible enough to take on this project.

You need permission from banks, card issuers, card makers, program managers, regulatory bodies, ect.

Posting in this thread and coming up with opinions and ideas are stupid and just distract us from the real work we need to do.

We have posted many updates, always been transparent, never scammed anyone, and always have done what we say we will do.

Since this original announcement our team has doubled, budget doubled, operations grew, new relationships made and projects launched. This is not the only one.

Everyone on the preorder signup list will continue to get updates, this forum won't be the first spot when updates are posted.

-Charlie

So months later after the announcement...still no bitinstant paycard?

Sounds like BFL...only difference is you didn't take preorders. Just hype and more bullshit.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 11:18:53 AM

Ente

-Charlie

Sounds like BFL...only difference is you didn't take preorders. Just hype and more bullshit.

second rule for Bitcoin: don't be quick with announcement!  Grin

Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 01:46:11 PM

Ente

-Charlie

That is hell of a difference!
If you really believe that it is a good/needed business maybe you should develop it yourself.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 10:54:20 PM

Indeed.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 05:53:39 PM

Edit: due to popular demand let me sum what I've seen on irc.
Code:
<bitinstant>	We're launching our debit card in a few weeks
<bitinstant> Who wants to see a pic ;-)

A few weeks? Still waiting 5 months later.  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 05:55:56 PM

Ente

-Charlie

If you really believe that it is a good/needed business maybe you should develop it yourself.

Please explain to me how the announcement/advertisements (even in bitcoin magazine) are not hype?

The OP shows they said "a few weeks" until they released it and now it is 5 months later. So no I don't need to develop it myself. I'm just pointing out the flawed model of hyping something then failing to deliver. Same as BFL.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 06:21:22 PM

The OP shows they said "a few weeks" until they released it and now it is 5 months later. So no I don't need to develop it myself. I'm just pointing out the flawed model of hyping something then failing to deliver. Same as BFL.

We never gave a timeframe, all my quotes were saying hopefully in a few weeks, not guaranteed.

This announcement was never supposed to be released, the leak was my fault as I got excited. My excitement pushed this project back many months because Mastercard and our bank did not realize how huge and disruptive this project had become. Now, there is alot more to do.

The worst part is, I had to agree to Mastercard and others to stop talking about it until launch. So even talking here can jeopardize the project once more.

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 06:38:52 PM

We never gave a timeframe, all my quotes were saying hopefully in a few weeks, not guaranteed.

This announcement was never supposed to be released, the leak was my fault as I got excited. My excitement pushed this project back many months because Mastercard and our bank did not realize how huge and disruptive this project had become. Now, there is alot more to do.

The worst part is, I had to agree to Mastercard and others to stop talking about it until launch. So even talking here can jeopardize the project once more.

Charlie

You mean like this one below?

Edit: due to popular demand let me sum what I've seen on irc.
Code:
<bitinstant>	We're launching our debit card in a few weeks
<bitinstant> Who wants to see a pic ;-)

I don't see you saying "hopefully". You said "we're"...or "we are".

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 08:00:08 PM

Go to blog.bitinstant.com

There are already 3 blog posts on this subject.

If you want to stay updated, sign up for the preorder and info will be sent when available.

Oh and unlike BFL...we never took any money from anyone and we don't plan to until its launched.

Thanks.

Charlie

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 08:15:59 PM

Go to blog.bitinstant.com

There are already 3 blog posts on this subject.

If you want to stay updated, sign up for the preorder and info will be sent when available.

Oh and unlike BFL...we never took any money from anyone and we don't plan to until its launched.

Thanks.

Charlie

Signed up in September.

Already said that you folks didnt take money. My point was about the unnecessary hype.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 08:53:58 PM

<sarcasm>
Smoothie, you are so awesome for pointing all these things out! None of the rest of us have the intellectual capacity to notice any of these delays ourselves. Thanks for pointing out every one of them, for every delayed product, all over the forums, multiple times, instead of just letting us monitor the threads for any actual news! You being right on the Internets about obviously-delayed products being delayed makes you more awesome than anyone else on these forums!  Grin
</sarcasm>
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:43:31 PM

<sarcasm>
Smoothie, you are so awesome for pointing all these things out! None of the rest of us have the intellectual capacity to notice any of these delays ourselves. Thanks for pointing out every one of them, for every delayed product, all over the forums, multiple times, instead of just letting us monitor the threads for any actual news! You being right on the Internets about obviously-delayed products being delayed makes you more awesome than anyone else on these forums!  Grin
</sarcasm>

Kiss You're welcome.

It's so funny how people don't like to have things pointed out on this forum. Almost as if the truth hurts doesn't it?

The truth you pointed out about me posting really doesn't hurt at all though, that's the ironic thing.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 10:29:40 PM

<sarcasm>
</sarcasm>

Kiss You're welcome.

It's so funny how people don't like to have things pointed out on this forum. Almost as if the truth hurts doesn't it?

The truth you pointed out about me posting really doesn't hurt at all though, that's the ironic thing.

It's cool that you point out things, we have our fair share of scams.

The problem with doing it over a forum is that text can be ready many different ways, and your writings can be seen as malicious even though you are doing it for the better of the community and Bitcoin as a whole.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 12:09:00 AM

<sarcasm>
</sarcasm>

Kiss You're welcome.

It's cool that you point out things, we have our fair share of scams.

The problem with doing it over a forum is that text can be ready many different ways, and your writings can be seen as malicious even though you are doing it for the better of the community and Bitcoin as a whole.

Which is why i don't worry about how people take what I say. I have no control over it even if I did worry. So why worry. I just post. people can take it how they want, their free choice.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 12:45:18 PM

is the card dead now? the registration link is gone away on your website.

EDIT: ohh sorry it is only outsourced. below on the website is the link. good for you we don't need to pay in advance.

link is deleted now. does it mean project is dead??

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: