Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:38:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitinstant paycard  (Read 26565 times)
Domrada

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 05:14:25 PM

I don't think the project is dead.  From what Charlie has said, they will pursue the idea until they can make it work.  However, at this rate, it is likely someone like kimdotcom will beat them to market.

DataTrading
TRADE FORECASTING BY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
¦
PRE-SALE SPECIAL  30%  BONUS   
Pre sale starts on 11.20.2017 9:00 UTC
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:31:11 PM

I have a feeling that 2014 will be the year for Bitcoin. There are a lot of projects in the works, but it takes years to get them released when you have to bootstrap them on shoestring budgets.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:18:52 PM

I'm guilty of pointing out flaws in Bitcoin related businesses in the past.  I believe most of us want Bitcoin to be successful.  Considering this I would rather try to help in any way I can with Bitcoin related projects rather then constantly pointing out flaws without any interest in being part of a solution.

I remember when this project was first discussed and yes it was sometime ago.  But rather then point fingers at the project or people for not yet being completed, I'd rather try to help see it to completion...

...FOR THE POWER OF THE BITCOIN and OUR ECONOMY!  Smiley

Just my 2 cents.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:22:09 PM

Is this ever happening? The whole community was excited about it despite the fact that 2 other companies already provided the exact same thing long before this was prematurely announced. I for one am extremely bummed. I was going to use my BitInstant card all over the world. I guess it went the way of the Bitcoincard.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 03:58:56 PM

I guess it will never going to happen ever BUT what I can imagine a Ripple debit card will coming this year eventually. :-)

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 05:05:43 PM

I guess it will never going to happen ever BUT what I can imagine a Ripple debit card will coming this year eventually. :-)

I'm having trouble imagining Ripple being released and being adopted by a large enough network to be useful this year, let along having a debit card.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 05:33:30 PM

I'm having trouble imagining Ripple being released and being adopted by a large enough network to be useful this year, let along having a debit card.

future is unpredictable...  Grin

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:39:02 PM

Could we get a response about the status of this project? Is it dead, stalled, or in process?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:54:47 PM

Could we get a response about the status of this project? Is it dead, stalled, or in process?

This project is currently being worked on.  Smiley
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:18:15 PM

Thank you URSAY. I can't wait.  Smiley

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 07:22:38 PM

I've just one Bitcoin Magazine, #5, where you made the whole last page with the bitinstant paycard and written "they're coming", with the url:

http://bitinstant.com/Paycard

and it does not work... Not a good start Smiley

A whole page with just an image and a link, and you don't even check if it works?

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:40:19 PM

I've just one Bitcoin Magazine, #5, where you made the whole last page with the bitinstant paycard and written "they're coming", with the url:

A whole page with just an image and a link, and you don't even check if it works?

Hmmmm.  I'm not sure how this fell thru the cracks but I agree, there should be SOMETHING at the URL.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I've let one of our web developers know about the situation.  Smiley
jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 09:25:47 PM

Couldn't a creditUnion (or anyone) achieve this by issuing cards, supplying a QRcode sticker and then automating the exchange to refill it?

In fact, perhaps I could emulate it myself with one of the polishcards... but how can I set up an automated exchange that automatically converts BTC to fiat and sends it via SEPA?

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:04:01 AM

says "not found"

wow very professional lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:34:24 PM

Coming soon TM
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 04:09:05 PM

There was a card being shown at the conference from some other company. $25 to open, $3 to deposit using BTC, and all deposited money gets converted to USD or EUR right away, but no other fees besides those two.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:09:24 PM

There was a card being shown at the conference from some other company. $25 to open, $3 to deposit using BTC, and all deposited money gets converted to USD or EUR right away, but no other fees besides those two.

eCardOne. Their website just got seized by DHS - presumably because they also dealt with Liberty Rserve. The're setting up a new site at Dagensia.eu.

I signed up at the conference. Just received my card yesterday. Just activated today. Have not yet used it. Yes, it _does_ have a MasterCard logo.

"This card is issued by Prepaid Financial Services Limited pursuant to license by MaterCard International Incorporated..."

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 09:15:50 AM

Who is behind this eCardOne? I guess it's not bitinstant.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:18:06 AM

Who is behind this eCardOne? I guess it's not bitinstant.

Dagensia.  Alas, it was not to be. I just logged into my account to load my newly authorized Bitcoin MasterCard with a bitcoin payment for the first time, where I was met with:

Dear client, We apologize but due to regulation requiring all foreign entities to register with the US Fincen and IRS authorities, and the administrative high costs involved, we have to terminate services to all our US clients. Please withdraw any remaining balance in your account to Bitcoin, and your account will be closed by August 1st. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please contact our support if you have any questions.

Such wasted promise....

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:55:27 AM

Thanks for the info. I contacted them and they indeed told me that there is a problem with US accounts.

However, they are still operating normally in EU zone. Might try them out!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: