Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 08:11:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would You Use a Bitcoin Debit Card?  (Read 2389 times)
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 01:40:36 PM

The fee is a little high, if the fee can be low, I may consider it.
It's a cool thing to use a card.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:13:05 PM

Not unless 0 fees and 1% discount like my visa.
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:28:11 PM

Not unless 0 fees and 1% discount like my visa.
0 fees that would be impossible, How will Bit-X make profit? I won't get myself any of those card due to high fees if they decrease there fees i would consider getting one.
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:45:50 PM

No.
yeponlyone

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:50:11 PM

bitcoin debit cards charges significantly higher fees than ordinary anonymous debit card. Sure, they may be convenient to use but it's a loss to pay such high fees.
nvK

Activity: 381
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 02:53:44 PM

Hi Guys,

Coinkite has a free option now, NO FEES!

More info here http://blog.coinkite.com/post/104987211551

It's the bitcoin incentive that makes the "blockchain" technology work, stupid.
majeis

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:19:52 AM

I'd prefer to use a cash deposit from an exchange to a bank account, then use the debit card linked to that account, but it's always nice to have an alternative in case that method isn't available for whatever reason like a secondary emergency backup or something along those lines.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
OpenOcean

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:31:49 AM

Of course I would, if it makes my life easier.
TYT

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:28:15 AM

I would actually love a bitcoin debit card but only if the fees were not excessive and sadly all I've seen are. I  don't mind paying a small fee everytime I use it but I don't want all the extra costs of a monthly fee or re-activation fee when I don't use it for a month etc etc. It would be nice to have one as a back up to be able to spend my coins if and when needed but they're not really feasible for me how they operate currently.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:51:52 AM

It depends really about the cost of the card and its availability in my country.
Right now, we have just 1 BTC ATM in my country, and still very few merchants accept Bitcoin, so these are not sufficient reasons to get started with BTC card now.
If more merchants accept BTC in the future and we get more BTC ATM here, in this case I will be interesting to have my own Bitcoin Debit Card.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:02:25 AM

we its a debit card some fees are aplied but in general i might use it just the fact its not to promoted i cant use it in my country

BitBOOM

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:09:30 AM

Possibly, especially if they were low or no fee.

Jesu

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:11:47 AM

Like other have said it would all depend on the fees. High fees kind of make it pointless really and not worth the fuss of it all.

Debit: Funds are taken from your wallet on the site offering the card. No need to fund it manually. Once you pay for something, BTC is exchanged instantly at the time of payment, not before or after (you won't lose money due to the volatile exchange rate).

Prepaid: Funds must be loaded by the user manually. Funds are converted once loaded so you may lose money due to the volatile exchange rate.

But with a debit version you have to keep your coins on a third party site and we all know that's a bad idea especially long term. If the site gets hacked or disappears then you can say buy to all your coins too.
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:46:14 AM

Like other have said it would all depend on the fees. High fees kind of make it pointless really and not worth the fuss of it all.

Debit: Funds are taken from your wallet on the site offering the card. No need to fund it manually. Once you pay for something, BTC is exchanged instantly at the time of payment, not before or after (you won't lose money due to the volatile exchange rate).

Prepaid: Funds must be loaded by the user manually. Funds are converted once loaded so you may lose money due to the volatile exchange rate.

But with a debit version you have to keep your coins on a third party site and we all know that's a bad idea especially long term. If the site gets hacked or disappears then you can say buy to all your coins too.

That was a major issue a year or so ago, less now with the rise of licensed exchanges like https://Bit-X.com.
umairsaleem

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:14:16 AM

Since it called a "debit card", so you could fund the card with the coins when you need to use this card, There’s no need to keep fund in this third party site. Just fund it when you need.
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:30:58 AM

The fee is the main issue here. When it is reduced to below visa or master, I will use it.
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:23:20 PM

I doht have enough bitcoin that will make having a devit card for it worth it. Ill loose all the money lol.
Slunt

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:30:17 PM

That was a major issue a year or so ago, less now with the rise of licensed exchanges like https://Bit-X.com.

I don't think being licensed makes them immune from thefts or scamming users themselves (you can always have rogue employees too). Where is the exchange licensed?
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:34:30 PM

I don't think being licensed makes them immune from thefts or scamming users themselves (you can always have rogue employees too). Where is the exchange licensed?

I'll direct you to their official thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874312.0
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:35:16 PM

The fee is the main issue here. When it is reduced to below visa or master, I will use it.

That'll only ever happen if the business wants to give away free coins and/or go out of business.

Visa/MasterCard will charge fees as would be expected and usually the business providing the card will too.

Of course, fees can be lowered by certain amounts!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: