Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:17:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hackers giving anyone else's site trouble?  (Read 1693 times)
bearbones (OP)

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 03:01:32 PM

I've caught 2 different IP addresses trying to sql inject bitmunchies.  So far, no damage, but I am starting to wonder if this is one of the prices of doing business in bitcoins.  Can anyone relate to this experience?

Feed Ze Birds Pay and get paid for tweets
Coinapult Send Bitcoins easily over email or text message

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cuddlefish

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 03:05:14 PM

I've caught 2 different IP addresses trying to sql inject bitmunchies.  So far, no damage, but I am starting to wonder if this is one of the prices of doing business in bitcoins.  Can anyone relate to this experience?

Nah, haven't experien'DROP TABLE posts; --

cuddlefish

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 03:07:03 PM

On a serious note, Ubitex's been hit with a lot lately. I highly recommend CloudFlare.
bearbones (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 03:09:54 PM

On a serious note, Ubitex's been hit with a lot lately. I highly recommend CloudFlare.

Looks interesting.  I'll check it out.  Thanks for the tip, cuddlefish. Smiley

eturnerx

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 03:31:02 PM

So what does  this do exactly? hmmm  Cheesy ; DROP TABLE posts;
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 04:46:56 PM

I had someone trying to do the phpMyAdmin PHP Code injection exploit on my site, somebody trying to guess path names, jQuery XSS exploit, I'm sure there has been a few mysql injection tries as well, but I haven't studied all logs yet.

error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 06:58:27 PM

Just running a web site on the Internet is enough; virtually all of these are automated attacks on large swaths of IP address space.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 01:24:48 AM

Just keep updating your opencart as soon as updates come out.  All popular shopping carts seem to be probed for weaknesses.  They are looking to break in and get credit card numbers so actually bitcoin sites are a POOR target.  They could have complete control of my server they could still get no coins and no credit card numbers.

mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 02:03:44 AM

Just keep updating your opencart as soon as updates come out.  All popular shopping carts seem to be probed for weaknesses.  They are looking to break in and get credit card numbers so actually bitcoin sites are a POOR target.  They could have complete control of my server they could still get no coins and no credit card numbers.

These automated scans are not looking for credit card numbers they are looking for host that can be easily compromised. I get at least a couple every week. Block the IPs and don't pay too much attention. If there's a targeted attack, then you should keep an eye on it, but even if this happens the likelihood is someone just trying out some automated tools. People with skills have better things to do 
bearbones (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 03:30:42 AM

People with skills have better things to do 
You'd think so, but the skilled in this world seem to be at least as good at time wasting as their unskilled brethren.  Smiley

M4v3R

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 05:36:30 AM

Wow, we at bitmarket.eu too saw some attempts of hacking. It seems that people (even the evil ones Wink) are believing in Bitcoin success so much that they are willing to steal BTC. Maybe they think that the law would be on their side ("but, but, I took something that doesn't exist, it doesn't count!") Cheesy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: