Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:52:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lawnmower.io - Convert your Spare Change into Bitcoin - iOS & Android App!  (Read 2069 times)
lawnmowerIO (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 12:36:56 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2015, 09:48:01 AM by lawnmowerIO

Buy a cup of coffee for $3.25 and automatically purchase 75₵ worth of bitcoin. Watch your bitcoin stash grow as you spend. The easiest, entirely passive route to saving bitcoin.

We appreciate all the support and feedback we received from everyone who checked out our product in its infancy.

If you haven't already, check out Lawnmower.io for a quick About, FAQ, etc., and link to download our app on iOS or Android! Currently, you'll need to log into (or create) a Coinbase Account as well as a financial account at Citi, Chase, US Bank, BoA, Wells, USAA, AmEx, or SVB to fully register and start converting your spare change into bitcoin.

As always, please let us know what you think and thanks again.

Lawnmower

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 01:49:41 PM

Sounds interesting, good luck with the venture!
ciocgun

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 10:34:13 AM

Buy a cup of coffee for $3.25 and automatically purchase 75₵ worth of bitcoin. Watch your bitcoin stash grow as you spend. The easiest, entirely passive route to saving bitcoin.

After months of a closed beta, our public launch is finally here (on the App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lawnmower-spare-change-into/id965079226?mt=8). We appreciate all the support and feedback we received from everyone who checked out our product in its infancy.

If you haven't already, check out Lawnmower.io for a quick About, FAQ, etc., and link to download our app. Currently, you'll need to log into (or create) a Coinbase Account as well as a financial account at Citi, Chase, US Bank, BoA, or Wells to fully register and start converting your spare change into bitcoin, but we're testing Android and web versions now and are exploring integrations with more robust transaction data API providers to expand our supported banks.

As always, please let us know what you think and thanks again.

Lawnmower

Is it an android version being prepared?

SirLolicon

Activity: 322

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:58:39 AM

Amazing concept Smiley
Hopefully it'll accept foreign banks as well and maybe exchange local currency or something like that

madonnino

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:27:36 PM

you have plans to add even European banks ? I really like this service and would like to use it as soon as possible but i'm out of the us, meanwhile congratulations for the idea    Cool
lawnmowerIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 03:16:56 AM

Update!

iOS App Store Link - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lawnmower-spare-change-into/id965079226?mt=8

Android Play Store Link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.lawnmower.mobile

More info on main website - https://lawnmower.io

Today's update - https://i.imgur.com/PQIjf3S.png
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:13:02 AM

Can you shed some light on what your fees are (if any, and if not, how the app makes money)? This is a great concept, and it's done in the stock market as well (i.e., automatically buying stocks with excess change).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:05:38 AM

Is this service available for the rest of the world? or just USA only?
would nice to have this kind of app in my phone  Cheesy
madonnino

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:29:08 AM

yep i'd like to use this fantastic app, a very very good concept, but i'm in Europe Sad I hope that soon I will be able ' to use your service , let us know, Meanwhile good luck!
lawnmowerIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 05:20:45 PM

Can you shed some light on what your fees are (if any, and if not, how the app makes money)? This is a great concept, and it's done in the stock market as well (i.e., automatically buying stocks with excess change).

So Lawnmower doesn't actually charge any fees, but all bitcoin purchases are initiated within your Coinbase account (which currently charges $.15 for transactions < $15 and 1% for transactions > $15.) We're exploring revenue model options but our core service will always be free.

To mitigate these fees, we set up a customizable minimum purchase threshold that the user can set. The spare change is essentially accumulated until it reaches this threshold and then a bitcoin purchase for the total spare change amount is initiated for you via Coinbase and sent to a "Lawnmower Wallet" we create.

Appreciate the comment, and yup it's a similar base product/strategy to something like Bank of America's "Keep the Change" program (to save via a savings acct) or Acorns (to save via mutual funds).
lawnmowerIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 05:27:19 PM

Right now it's just USA only mostly due to banking support constraints Sad To use the app you need to log in/create a Coinbase account and also link up a spending account (credit/debit card, checking acct, etc.) for us to watch your transactions for spare change. When we launched we could support only 5 large US banks (Chase, BoA, Citi, Wells, US Bank), and we just launched support for USAA, AmEx, and SVB yesterday, but we are now working on integrating with a transaction data API provider that can hopefully help us support a multitude of banks from all over the world.
marioantonini
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1082

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:49:00 PM

Madonino but in europe (if a remember, you are italian like me) the cup of coffee don't cost $3.25, but only 1 euro  Grin
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 09:26:52 PM

Seems like a very unique concept to me... I will be waiting for the launch of the Android app, as well as the introduction of Canadian banks!
lawnmowerIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 11:31:42 PM

Seems like a very unique concept to me... I will be waiting for the launch of the Android app, as well as the introduction of Canadian banks!

Thanks and the Android app has already launched - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.lawnmower.mobile !
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:35:21 PM

I was thinking about this and... how are the withdrawals (for purchases) made? There's a limit of like 3 transfers/month for savings accounts, so this seems like it would possibly go over that limit.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
lawnmowerIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 11:43:25 PM

I was thinking about this and... how are the withdrawals (for purchases) made? There's a limit of like 3 transfers/month for savings accounts, so this seems like it would possibly go over that limit.

Assuming you're talking about the actual bitcoin purchases with your "spare change"? We let the user set a minimum purchase threshold within their settings and let the spare change from each purchase accumulate until it surpasses the threshold to mitigate fees. So the bitcoin purchases are essentially made in larger blocks of spare change over time.
thebigtalk

Activity: 350

Bitcoin and co.

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:06:56 AM

Interesting. Will my family be able to use my account whenever they're out for some shopping and decided to put the spare change in it?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
lawnmowerIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 12:11:22 AM

Interesting. Will my family be able to use my account whenever they're out for some shopping and decided to put the spare change in it?

It'll pick up the full transaction history of whatever card(s)/account(s) are linked up.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:01:29 AM

Right now it's just USA only mostly due to banking support constraints Sad To use the app you need to log in/create a Coinbase account and also link up a spending account (credit/debit card, checking acct, etc.) for us to watch your transactions for spare change. When we launched we could support only 5 large US banks (Chase, BoA, Citi, Wells, US Bank), and we just launched support for USAA, AmEx, and SVB yesterday, but we are now working on integrating with a transaction data API provider that can hopefully help us support a multitude of banks from all over the world.
too bad  Sad
i would love to see this app on my country Cheesy since i tend to go shopping every week
 Wink
madonnino

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:50:14 AM

Madonino but in europe (if a remember, you are italian like me) the cup of coffee don't cost $3.25, but only 1 euro  Grin

Yes marioantonini Its True thanks To god Smiley  maybe we can use lawnmower when we bought a pizza or a dish of pasta :p
hanomnom

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:55:01 PM

This is a very innovative idea. I am an Android user though but would definitely be interested in using this service. Does it work for any currency? If not then I would like to suggest that you intergrate it with all major currencies. I'm from the UK so use GBP. Obviously Euro and USD too.

Sorry if this matter has already been covered. I will read up more on it when my Android tablet is charged up, I probably wont be using it until tomorrow now as it is late at night.

I will be back tomorrow at some point to give you my feedback.

Good luck with this unique and very useful project. We need something like this. I would use this for sure when I do happen to ave a few extra pennies.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:48:27 AM

This is a very innovative idea. I am an Android user though but would definitely be interested in using this service. Does it work for any currency? If not then I would like to suggest that you intergrate it with all major currencies. I'm from the UK so use GBP. Obviously Euro and USD too.

Sorry if this matter has already been covered. I will read up more on it when my Android tablet is charged up, I probably wont be using it until tomorrow now as it is late at night.

Good luck with this unique and very useful project. We need something like this. I would use this for sure when I do happen to ave a few extra pennies.

I think it's less about the currencies than it is about the banks that are supported. They're currently working with U.S.-based banks. If they are able to (or want to?) expand, other currencies could be a part of that.

lawnmowerIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 01:21:35 AM

Right now we're constrained to supporting only major US banks and $ (about 8 right now) due to our 3rd party API provider, Plaid (plaid.com) who we use for the transaction data stream to track your spare change. We're working on expanding out to support as many banks as we can in the near future (including international banks, small credit unions, etc.), and Coinbase already supports many countries around the world, so Lawnmower should be able to support multiple new countries and currencies soon! Smiley

We do also have an Android app if you didn't catch the link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.lawnmower.mobile
lawnmowerIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 01:31:01 AM

I think it's less about the currencies than it is about the banks that are supported. They're currently working with U.S.-based banks. If they are able to (or want to?) expand, other currencies could be a part of that.

Yeah pretty much, kind of one and the same at this point. We're working with a 3rd party API provider (Plaid - plaid.com) who has the relationships with the US based banks. We're working to expand our banking support as wide (international banks, smaller financial institutions, etc.) as we can as quick as we can. We would obviously try to accommodate other currencies for our international banks/users Smiley
Gultahin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

۩۞۩ secondstrade.com ★

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:17:36 AM

yeh i gonna install your app on my android any offer like refer friends to get free bits??

thank you.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
hanomnom

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 10:31:47 AM

I searched the Google Play store on my Android but could not find the app. Although I did bookmark the website.

Where would I be able to get hold of the android version of the app?

Maybe I just didn't search  for correct term. I just typed in "lawnmower.io" and nothing really came up (not an app anyway)
lawnmowerIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 04:40:45 PM

I searched the Google Play store on my Android but could not find the app. Although I did bookmark the website.

Where would I be able to get hold of the android version of the app?

Maybe I just didn't search  for correct term. I just typed in "lawnmower.io" and nothing really came up (not an app anyway)

Awesome! Smiley

We're still working on getting to the top of various query lists, but try something like "lawnmower bitcoin" or here's a link to the Play Store app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.lawnmower.mobile.
hanomnom

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:44:15 PM

Right now we're constrained to supporting only major US banks and $ (about 8 right now) due to our 3rd party API provider, Plaid (plaid.com) who we use for the transaction data stream to track your spare change. We're working on expanding out to support as many banks as we can in the near future (including international banks, small credit unions, etc.), and Coinbase already supports many countries around the world, so Lawnmower should be able to support multiple new countries and currencies soon! Smiley

We do also have an Android app if you didn't catch the link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.lawnmower.mobile

That's great to hear! I support this idea, it definitely has potential and look forward to seeing it expand to other countries.
lawnmowerIO (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 04:49:44 AM

Hey everyone, check out this video we made back in December as part of our application to a startup accelerator program - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frnzhET1D-Y

Also, a demo of the app in action for those who haven't seen before - https://i.imgur.com/TUPNJj8.gif

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: