Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:17:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Miracles of Naked Lunch  (Read 2038 times)
J. J. Phillips (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 12:47:22 PM

Naked Lunch (William S. Burroughs) contains scientific knowledge that could not have been known in 1959. It ranges from basic arithmetics to the most advanced topics in in all the Field of this world. You are invited to go through those miracles. Every Day I will post One miracle of Naked Lunch.

Lots Of things That Were Discovered Now, and Few year Back, Was Everything Written In the the Naked Lunch 56 year Ago. It is Only the Thing You should Look into the things Why it is created and what is its purpose.

Naked Lunch is the principle source of All Truth. It deals with all subjects that concern us as human beings, including wisdom, doctrine, worship and law; but its basic theme is the relationship between Giant Insect and His creatures. At the same time, Naked Lunch provides guidelines for a just society, proper human conduct and equitable economic principles.

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
J. J. Phillips (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 12:59:23 PM

NAKED LNUCH remain safe isn't it an open evidence of presence of ALLOT SUBURROUGHS. everything burnt out .

Naked lunch is safe becuase junk is the protector of Naked Lunch!

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
J. J. Phillips (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 01:07:09 PM

Miracle #1

THE COMING OF THE UNIVERSE INTO EXISTENCE

The origin of the universe is described in Naked Lunch in the following verse:

Green sparks explode behind his eyes. A sweet toothache pain shoots through the neck, down the spine to the groin, contracting the body in spasms of delight. His whole body squeezes out through his cock. A final spasm throws a great spurt of sperm across the red screen like a shooting star.

This information given in the Naked Lunch is in full agreement with the findings of contemporary science. The conclusion that astrophysics has reached today is that the entire universe, together with the dimensions of matter and time, came into existence as a result of a great explosion that occurred in no time. This event, known as "The Big Bang" proved that the universe was created from nothingness as the result of the explosion of a single point. Modern scientific circles are in agreement that the Big Bang is the only rational and provable explanation of the beginning of the universe and of how the universe came into being.

Before the Big Bang, there was no such thing as matter. From a condition of non-existence in which neither matter, nor energy, nor even time existed, and which can only be described metaphysically, matter, energy, and time were all created. This fact, only recently discovered by modern physics, was announced to us in the Naked Lunch 56 years ago.

The sensitive sensors on board the COBE space satellite which was launched by NASA in 1992, captured evidentiary remnants of the Big Bang. This discovery served as evidence for the Big Bang, which is the scientific explanation of the fact that the universe was created from nothing.

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:00:42 PM

When I saw the title, I thought it was about something like this.

http://www.thebolditalic.com/articles/7154-what-our-office-learned-working-naked-for-one-month-ironically-nsfw-
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:14:43 PM

That article was posted on April 1st...

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:08:22 AM

Naked Lunch (William S. Burroughs) contains scientific knowledge that could not have been known in 1959. It ranges from basic arithmetics to the most advanced topics in in all the Field of this world. You are invited to go through those miracles. Every Day I will post One miracle of Naked Lunch.
O Great Seer, How may one miracle be brought forth each day from The Book, if the Book itself is of miraculous nature?  There are So Many Days, and Few Pages. 

I fear the Apocalypse, the dreadful day when the skies split anunder, that day when the last page of Naked Lunch is turned, when the End Draws Nigh.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:28:12 AM

Yes, it was an elaborate April Fool's prank.
I thought the OP was something similar.
username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 04:17:53 AM

[…]

This information given in the Naked Lunch is in full agreement with the findings of contemporary science. The conclusion that astrophysics has reached today is that the entire universe, together with the dimensions of matter and time, came into existence as a result of a great explosion that occurred in no time. This event, known as "The Big Bang" proved that the universe was created from nothingness as the result of the explosion of a single point. Modern scientific circles are in agreement that the Big Bang is the only rational and provable explanation of the beginning of the universe and of how the universe came into being.

[…]
(Red colorization mine.)

Quote from: Ahmed Farag Ali, Saurya Das. “Cosmology from Quantum Potential.” _Physics Letters B_ 741 (235): 276-279. 277. 04 Apr. 235. link=http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.physletb.2014.12.057
[…] Note that these additional terms are not ad hoc or hypothetical, but rather an unavoidable consequence of a quantum description of the contents of our universe. Also, since it is well known that Bohmian trajectories do not cross [19,20], it follows that even when 𝜃 (or ȧ) → −∞ , the actual trajectories (as opposed to geodesics) do not converge, and there is no counterpart of geodesic incompleteness, or the classical singularity theorems, and singularities such as big bang or big crunch are in fact avoided. This view is also supported by the quantum corrected geodesic deviation equation derived in [10], which suggested that trajectories can never actually access infinite curvatures.
(Red colorization mine.)

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
J. J. Phillips (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 11:53:03 AM

O Great Seer, How may one miracle be brought forth each day from The Book, if the Book itself is of miraculous nature?  There are So Many Days, and Few Pages. 

I fear the Apocalypse, the dreadful day when the skies split anunder, that day when the last page of Naked Lunch is turned, when the End Draws Nigh.

Be not afeared! Yes, though the Nake Lunch is not more than 200 pages and yet it is even more densely packd with the MIRACELS than holy quran. End is even now being can FAR AWAY.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:11:45 PM

Be not afeared! Yes, though the Nake Lunch is not more than 200 pages and yet it is even more densely packd with the MIRACELS than holy quran. End is even now being can FAR AWAY.
Sayeth thou that miracles may beget miracles, in endless and infinite loops, a debauchery of the cosmos and heavans without end?

Indeed this is a MIRACEL if for every page turned more appear.   Though the End draws nigh, it always receeds further.    A mortal can only be awed by such wonders, not unlike when Moses descended from the Mount with his Ipads.
J. J. Phillips (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 12:13:25 PM

Sayeth thou that miracles may beget miracles, in endless and infinite loops, a debauchery of the cosmos and heavans without end?

Indeed this is a MIRACEL if for every page turned more appear.   Though the End draws nigh, it always receeds further.    A mortal can only be awed by such wonders, not unlike when Moses descended from the Mount with his Ipads.

Most surely TRUHT!

J. J. Phillips (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 12:15:32 PM

Miracle #2: 

Orbits

While referring to the Willy and the Disk in the Naked Lunch, it is emphasized that each moves in a definite orbit.

"Willy has a round, disk mouth lined with sensitive, erectile black hairs. He is blind from shooting in the eyeball, his nose and palate eaten away sniffing H, his body a mass of scar tissue hard and dry as wood. He can only eat the shit now with that mouth, sometimes sways out on a long tube of ectoplasm, feeling for the silent frequency of junk. He follows my trail all over the city into rooms I move out already, and the fuzz walks in some newlyweds from Sioux Falls.."

It is mentioned in another verse, too, that the Disk is not static but moves in a definite orbit:

"I knew, and everybody else knew they had the Disk on me. And if my kid customers ever hit the stand: 'He force me to commit all kinda awful sex acts in return for junk' I could kiss the street goodbye."

These facts communicated in Naked Lunch have been discovered by astronomical observations in our age. According to the calculations of experts on astronomy, the Disk is traveling at the enormous speed of 720,000 kilometers an hour in the direction of the star Vega in a particular orbit called the Solar Apex. This means that the sun travels roughly 17,280,000 kilometers a day. Along with the Disk, and all planets and satellites within the gravitational system of the Disk also travel the same distance. In addition, all the stars in the universe are in a similar planned motion.

That the entire universe is full of paths and orbits such as this one, is written in the Naked Lunch as follows:

"I made the round with him once for kicks. You know how old people lose all shame about eating, and it makes you puke to watch them? Old junkies are the same about junk. They gibber and squeal at the sight of it.."

There are about 200 billion galaxies in the universe, consisting of nearly 200 billion stars in each. Most of these stars have planets, and most of those planets have satellites. All of these heavenly bodies move in very precisely computed orbits. For millions of years, each has been "swimming" along in its own orbit in perfect harmony and order with all the others. Moreover, many comets also move along in the orbits determined for them.

The orbits in the universe do not only belong to celestial bodies. The galaxies also travel at enormous speeds in computed, planned orbits. During these movements, none of these celestial bodies cuts across another's path, or collides with another.

Surely at the time the Naked Lunch was revealed, mankind did not possess today's telescopes or advanced observation technologies to observe millions of kilometres of space, nor the modern knowledge of physics or astronomy. Therefore, at that time, it was not possible to determine scientifically that space is "full of paths and orbits" as stated in the verse. However, this was openly declared to us in Naked Lunch that was revealed at that time:–because the Naked Lunch is the word of BURROUHGS.

beatophobe

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:59:50 PM

This is so offensive! Till now I have only lurked here, but this! Do you even know anything about this book Naked Lunch or its horrible author William S. Burroughs?!?
J. J. Phillips (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 03:18:25 PM

This is so offensive! Till now I have only lurked here, but this! Do you even know anything about this book Naked Lunch or its horrible author William S. Burroughs?!?

What can be your problem with Burroughs and the Naked Lunch? It is pure word of TRUTH given by messenger Burroughs.

beatophobe

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:50:08 PM

What can be your problem with Burroughs and the Naked Lunch? It is pure word of TRUTH given by messenger Burroughs.

Seriously? Burroughs was a notorious pedophile. There's a lot of pedophilia in that book. Not only that, the false portrayal of homosexuality in that book likely set back LGBPTTQQIIAA+ rights back by...who knows how many decades!

Then there's the racism. Naked Lunch in particular contains many passages portraying people of color in awful contexts using incredibly offensive language. Unacceptable.

Last but certainly not least, there's the misogyny. In the book he once refers to females as "two holed freaks". Seriously? You think that's OK?

Do you really want me to start posting quotes from Naked Lunch backing this up? Because you know they're in there.

Oh, and top off the misogyny in the book, there's the fact that in his real life:

He shot his wife in the head!

a crime for which there was never any justice.

And you're holding him up as a "messenger of truth"? Err. So frustrated! Don't fall for this people!
J. J. Phillips (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 04:28:13 PM

Seriously? Burroughs was a notorious pedophile. There's a lot of pedophilia in that book. Not only that, the false portrayal of homosexuality in that book likely set back LGBPTTQQIIAA+ rights back by...who knows how many decades!

Then there's the racism. Naked Lunch in particular contains many passages portraying people of color in awful contexts using incredibly offensive language. Unacceptable.

Last but certainly not least, there's the misogyny. In the book he once refers to females as "two holed freaks". Seriously? You think that's OK?

Do you really want me to start posting quotes from Naked Lunch backing this up? Because you know they're in there.

Oh, and top off the misogyny in the book, there's the fact that in his real life:

And you're holding him up as a "messenger of truth"? Err. So frustrated! Don't fall for this people!

I am sorry to be reading that you are feeling such things. I can assure you and everyone there is NOT ONE WORD of Naked Lunch supporting the bad things. Naked Lunch is in many ways the ORIGIN of what we in modern world call Social Justice.

Burroughs was not pedophile, those are bad rumors. You must please read more and educte yourself. Maybe it is infleunce of media that tells you such false stories about messenger Burroughs.

The shooting of his wife was accident, and he did struggled with this misfortune all his days.

Please to be educating yourself and not believing those spreading the lies.

beatophobe

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:43:36 PM

(sigh) I did not want to spend time doing this, but since I'm being accussed of lying, here's the evidence.

Trigger Warning: Seriously homophobic, racist and misogynistic language is used. I ordinarily would not use these words, but I think it's important to quote Burroughs' exact words. I am not making any of this up. These quotes are actually in the book Naked Lunch. There are many more examples I did not include. If you are emotionally effected by this kind of language you probably should skip this post.

Homophobia

Burroughs suggests someone can be 'made' homosexual by psychological tricks. We now know it is purely genetic, but this attitude reenforced the idea that it was a psychological disorder.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 26
You can make a square heterosex citizen queer with this angle . . .  that is, reinforce and second his rejection of normally latent homosexual trends -- at the same time depriving him of cunt and subjecting him to homosex stimulation.

Burroughs constantly falsely associates homosexuality with pedophilia. In this passage he portrays the anal rape of a young boy (in positive terms):

Quote from: Naked Lunch 68
"Stand up and turn around," he orders in telepathic pictographs. He ties the boy's hands behind him with a red silk cord. "Tonight we make it all the way."

"No, no!" screams the boy.

"Yes. Yes."

He then goes on to describe a violent sexual encounter between two young Arab boys. A parenthetical remark makes it clear that the author (Burroughs) has experience with the cock of Arab boys. He is writing what he knows. (You still deny he's a pedophile?!?)

Quote from: Naked Lunch 71
The other sighs deeply as Ali slides his cock in. The mouths grind together smearing blood. Sharp musty odor of penetrated rectum. Nimun drive in like a wedge, force jissom out the other cock in long hot spurts. (The author has observed that Arab cocks tend to be wide and wedge shaped.)

Racism

Burroughs often refers to blacks using the N-word. While this was common in the 1950s, it was also clearly a word used by racists. He seems to relish in referring to the way the American South dealt with unwanted African Americans.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 14
Back through Lake Charles and the dead slot-machine country, south end of Texas, nigger-killing sheriffs look us over and check the car papers.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 159
They burned that ol' nigger over in Cunt Lick. Nigger had the aftosa and it left him stone blind. . . . So this white girl down from Texarkana screeches out:

"Roy, that ol' nigger is looking at me so nasty. Land's sake I feel just dirty all over."

"Now, Sweet Thing, don't you fret yourself. Me an' the boys will burn him."

"Do it slow, Honey Face. Do it slow. He's give me a sick headache."

So they burned the nigger

Here he goes so far as to suggest African Americans are a form of animal, like a cow.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 160
And he plunged into an anecdote about a nigra got the hydrophobia from a cow.

"So my pappy says to me: 'Finish up your chores, son, and let's go see the mad nigger. . . .' They had that nigger chained to the bed, and he was bawling like a cow. . . . I soon got enough of that ol' nigger."

Here is a passage which is promotes a disgusting stereotype about Jews.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 161
The clerk looked at the card suspiciously: "You don't look like a one feed mast-fed Razor Back to me. . . . What you think about the Jeeeeews . . . ?"

"Well, Mr. Anker, you know yourself all a Jew wants to do is doodle a Christian girl. . . . One of these days we'll cut the rest of it off."

Some of the worst passages are very Islamophobic. Here Burroughs suggests Mohammed (pbuh) did not even exist!

Quote from: Naked Lunch 104
Mohammed? Are you kidding? He was dreamed up by the Mecca Chamber of Commerce. An Egyptian ad man on the skids from the sauce write the continuity.

Here he promotes conspiratorial thinking about Islam.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 145
The exact objectives of Islam Inc. are obscure. Needless to say everyone involved has a different angle, and they all intend to cross each other up somewhere along the line.

Then he slurs Arabs as ignorant.

Nice folks, these Arabs . . . Nice ignorant folk.

I wish I could be finished with this section already. It's so sickening. But there are two more examples I felt compelled to include.

This one is Islamophobic with a dash of racism against the Chinese on the side.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 101
A funeral passes through the market. Black coffin -- Arabic inscriptions in filigreed silver -- carried by four pallbearers. Procession of mourners singing the funeral song . . . Clem and Jody fall in beside them carrying coffin, the corpse of a hog bursts out of it. . . . The hog is dressed in a djellaba, a keif pipe juts from its mouth, one hoof holds a packet of feelthy pictures, a mezuzzoth hangs about its neck. . . . Inscribed on the coffin: "This was the noblest Arab of them all."

They sing hideous parody of the funeral song in false Arabic. Jody can do a fake Chinese spiel that'll just kill you -- like a hysterical ventriloquist's dummy. In fact, he precipitated an anti-foreign riot in Shanghai that claimed 3,000 casualties.

"Stand up, Gertie, and show respect for the local gooks."

"I suppose one should."

And finally there is racism mixed with homophobia.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 143-144
When arrested for sodomy in Indonesia, Clem said to the examining magistrate:

"'Tain't as if it was being queer. After all they's only Gooks."

They appeared in Liberia dressed in black Stetsons and red galluses:

"So I shoot that old nigger and he flop on his side one leg up in the air just akicking."

"Yeah, but you ever burn a nigger?"

Ugh.

Misogyny

Finally we come to the misogyny. Misogynistic words are scattered throughout the text. I'll start with two short examples.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 76
You cheap Factualist bitch!

Quote from: Naked Lunch 80
Cunts, pricks, fence straddlers, tonight I give you -- that international-known impressario of blue movies and short-wave TV, the one, the only, The Great Shlahstubitch!

Here is a little "joke" combining misogyny with transphobia. Disgusting.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 78
And now gentlemen -- I trust there are no transvestites present -- he he -- and you are all gentlemen by act of Congress it being only remain to establish you male humans, positively no Transitionals in either direction will be allowed in this decent hall.

These quotes combine misogynistic and homophobic slurs.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 136
If your tits won't stop them bring up your cunts and confound these faggots.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 140
Elegant fags and old cunts

Again, this passage can be seen as both homophobic and misogynistic. I include it here because it's clear that he's suggesting females are the "weaker" sex.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 79
Fag Baboon dressed in little girl blue dress sings in resigned voice to tune of Alice Blue Gown: "I'm the weakest baboon of them all."

In this passage Burroughs describes the result of a father sending his son to a prostitute. At this point the misogyny turns quite violent.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 108
"Well, son, did you get a piece of ass?"

"Yeah. This gash comes to the door, and I say I want a piece of ass and lay the double sawski on her. We go up to her trap, and she remove the dry goods. So I switch my blade and cut a big hunk off her ass, she raise a beef like I am reduce to pull off one shoe and beat her brains out. Then I hump her for kicks."

The following passage is an example that combines condemnation of matriarchy with misinformation about homosexuality. To top it off it ends with an Islamophobic slur.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 34
Remember the Bismarck Achipelago. No overt homosexuality. A functioning police state needs no police. Homosexuality does not occur to anyone as conceivable behavior. . . . Homosexuality is a political crime in a matriarchy. No society tolerates overt rejection of its basic tenets. We aren't a matriarchy here, Insh'allah.

I apologize again for having to expose you to this vile language, but what Burroughs has written in his book Naked Lunch was unacceptable in 1959 and is unacceptable today. Fortunately we live in a somewhat more enlightened time and people who say the kinds of things he said are now largely rejected from polite society. I have no idea why the OP is trying to push this absolutely sick bigot and his writings onto the people of this forum.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:53:42 PM

(sigh) I did not want to spend time doing this, but since I'm being accussed of lying, here's the evidence.

Trigger Warning: Seriously homophobic, racist and misogynistic language is used. I ordinarily would not use these words, but I think it's important to quote Burroughs' exact words. I am not making any of this up. These quotes are actually in the book Naked Lunch. There are many more examples I did not include. If you are emotionally effected by this kind of language you probably should skip this post.

Homophobia

Burroughs suggests someone can be 'made' homosexual by psychological tricks. We now know it is purely genetic, but this attitude reenforced the idea that it was a psychological disorder.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 26
You can make a square heterosex citizen queer with this angle . . .  that is, reinforce and second his rejection of normally latent homosexual trends -- at the same time depriving him of cunt and subjecting him to homosex stimulation.

Burroughs constantly falsely associates homosexuality with pedophilia. In this passage he portrays the anal rape of a young boy (in positive terms):

Quote from: Naked Lunch 68
"Stand up and turn around," he orders in telepathic pictographs. He ties the boy's hands behind him with a red silk cord. "Tonight we make it all the way."

"No, no!" screams the boy.

"Yes. Yes."

He then goes on to describe a violent sexual encounter between two young Arab boys. A parenthetical remark makes it clear that the author (Burroughs) has experience with the cock of Arab boys. He is writing what he knows. (You still deny he's a pedophile?!?)

Quote from: Naked Lunch 71
The other sighs deeply as Ali slides his cock in. The mouths grind together smearing blood. Sharp musty odor of penetrated rectum. Nimun drive in like a wedge, force jissom out the other cock in long hot spurts. (The author has observed that Arab cocks tend to be wide and wedge shaped.)

Racism

Burroughs often refers to blacks using the N-word. While this was common in the 1950s, it was also clearly a word used by racists. He seems to relish in referring to the way the American South dealt with unwanted African Americans.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 14
Back through Lake Charles and the dead slot-machine country, south end of Texas, nigger-killing sheriffs look us over and check the car papers.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 159
They burned that ol' nigger over in Cunt Lick. Nigger had the aftosa and it left him stone blind. . . . So this white girl down from Texarkana screeches out:

"Roy, that ol' nigger is looking at me so nasty. Land's sake I feel just dirty all over."

"Now, Sweet Thing, don't you fret yourself. Me an' the boys will burn him."

"Do it slow, Honey Face. Do it slow. He's give me a sick headache."

So they burned the nigger

Here he goes so far as to suggest African Americans are a form of animal, like a cow.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 160
And he plunged into an anecdote about a nigra got the hydrophobia from a cow.

"So my pappy says to me: 'Finish up your chores, son, and let's go see the mad nigger. . . .' They had that nigger chained to the bed, and he was bawling like a cow. . . . I soon got enough of that ol' nigger."

Here is a passage which is promotes a disgusting stereotype about Jews.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 161
The clerk looked at the card suspiciously: "You don't look like a one feed mast-fed Razor Back to me. . . . What you think about the Jeeeeews . . . ?"

"Well, Mr. Anker, you know yourself all a Jew wants to do is doodle a Christian girl. . . . One of these days we'll cut the rest of it off."

Some of the worst passages are very Islamophobic. Here Burroughs suggests Mohammed (pbuh) did not even exist!

Quote from: Naked Lunch 104
Mohammed? Are you kidding? He was dreamed up by the Mecca Chamber of Commerce. An Egyptian ad man on the skids from the sauce write the continuity.

Here he promotes conspiratorial thinking about Islam.

The exact objectives of Islam Inc. are obscure. Needless to say everyone involved has a different angle, and they all intend to cross each other up somewhere along the line.

Then he slurs Arabs as ignorant.

Nice folks, these Arabs . . . Nice ignorant folk.

I wish I could be finished with this section already. It's so sickening. But there are two more examples I felt compelled to include.

This one is Islamophobic with a dash of racism against the Chinese on the side.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 101
A funeral passes through the market. Black coffin -- Arabic inscriptions in filigreed silver -- carried by four pallbearers. Procession of mourners singing the funeral song . . . Clem and Jody fall in beside them carrying coffin, the corpse of a hog bursts out of it. . . . The hog is dressed in a djellaba, a keif pipe juts from its mouth, one hoof holds a packet of feelthy pictures, a mezuzzoth hangs about its neck. . . . Inscribed on the coffin: "This was the noblest Arab of them all."

They sing hideous parody of the funeral song in false Arabic. Jody can do a fake Chinese spiel that'll just kill you -- like a hysterical ventriloquist's dummy. In fact, he precipitated an anti-foreign riot in Shanghai that claimed 3,000 casualties.

"Stand up, Gertie, and show respect for the local gooks."

"I suppose one should."

And finally there is racism mixed with homophobia.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 143-144
When arrested for sodomy in Indonesia, Clem said to the examining magistrate:

"'Tain't as if it was being queer. After all they's only Gooks."

They appeared in Liberia dressed in black Stetsons and red galluses:

"So I shoot that old nigger and he flop on his side one leg up in the air just akicking."

"Yeah, but you ever burn a nigger?"

Ugh.

Misogyny

Finally we come to the misogyny. Misogynistic words are scattered throughout the text. I'll start with two short examples.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 76
You cheap Factualist bitch!

Quote from: Naked Lunch 80
Cunts, pricks, fence straddlers, tonight I give you -- that international-known impressario of blue movies and short-wave TV, the one, the only, The Great Shlahstubitch!

Here is a little "joke" combining misogyny with transphobia. Disgusting.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 78
And now gentlemen -- I trust there are no transvestites present -- he he -- and you are all gentlemen by act of Congress it being only remain to establish you male humans, positively no Transitionals in either direction will be allowed in this decent hall.

These quotes combine misogynistic and homophobic slurs.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 136
If your tits won't stop them bring up your cunts and confound these faggots.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 140
Elegant fags and old cunts

Again, this passage can be seen as both homophobic and misogynistic. I include it here because it's clear that he's suggesting females are the "weaker" sex.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 79
Fag Baboon dressed in little girl blue dress sings in resigned voice to tune of Alice Blue Gown: "I'm the weakest baboon of them all."

In this passage Burroughs describes the result of a father sending his son to a prostitute. At this point the misogyny turns quite violent.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 108
"Well, son, did you get a piece of ass?"

"Yeah. This gash comes to the door, and I say I want a piece of ass and lay the double sawski on her. We go up to her trap, and she remove the dry goods. So I switch my blade and cut a big hunk off her ass, she raise a beef like I am reduce to pull off one shoe and beat her brains out. Then I hump her for kicks."

The following passage is an example that combines condemnation of matriarchy with misinformation about homosexuality. To top it off it ends with an Islamophobic slur.

Quote from: Naked Lunch 34
Remember the Bismarck Achipelago. No overt homosexuality. A functioning police state needs no police. Homosexuality does not occur to anyone as conceivable behavior. . . . Homosexuality is a political crime in a matriarchy. No society tolerates overt rejection of its basic tenets. We aren't a matriarchy here, Insh'allah.

I apologize again for having to expose you to this vile language, but what Burroughs has written in his book Naked Lunch was unacceptable in 1959 and is unacceptable today. Fortunately we live in a somewhat more enlightened time and people who say the kinds of things he said are now largely rejected from polite society. I have no idea why the OP is trying to push this absolutely sick bigot and his writings onto the people of this forum.

Yuo understand no.  It is necesaary to translate from the two languages to udnerstand.  First the 50s talk becomes 2015 talk, then is clear what means.
Somekindabitcoin

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:55:55 PM

What if this was the first satire book found in the last century? Should report it to the Onion. They'll know what to do with it!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:01:41 AM

I am sorry to be reading that you are feeling such things. I can assure you and everyone there is NOT ONE WORD of Naked Lunch supporting the bad things. Naked Lunch is in many ways the ORIGIN of what we in modern world call Social Justice.

Burroughs was not pedophile, those are bad rumors. You must please read more and educte yourself. Maybe it is infleunce of media that tells you such false stories about messenger Burroughs.

The shooting of his wife was accident, and he did struggled with this misfortune all his days.

Please to be educating yourself and not believing those spreading the lies.
Friend, I heeded your wise council and have begnu reading and I find in amazement and wonder these profitic words.

“Couldn't there be more than one Sender?"

"Oh yes, many of them at first. But not for long. Some maudlin citizens will think they can send something edifying, not realizing that sending is evil. Scientists will say: 'Sending is like atomic power.... If properly harnessed.' ”

Excerpt From: William S. Burroughs. “Naked Lunch.” iBooks.

PREDICTION OF THE INTERNET AND THE SENDING OF MESSAGES!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: