Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:05:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MakerelCoin $MAK dedicated to funding Charlie Shrem’s stay in club fed.  (Read 3854 times)
MakerelCoin (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:06:30 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2015, 10:08:28 PM by MakerelCoin

Greetings Cryptocurrency,

Having money in prison is against the rules. Even 1 penny can get you thrown out of club fed and into a worse place called, "the hole" aka solitary confinement. In fact, not only can a prisoner not have cash, but they're not even supposed to transfer anything of value to another inmate. So how do inmates transact business?  Let's break it down...

There is a store federal inmates shop at called, "Commissary"
Learn More>>> http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/dub/DUB_CommList.pdf
Inmates can only shop here at certain times. The commissary has long lines and high prices, but legal if you're lucky enough to have outside friends and family put "money on your books".

Now back to currency...

1 Can of Mackerel or "Mack" = $1.50 USD to buy from the commissary
1 Case of Mackeral or "Mack" = $36.00 USD (no discount for buying in bulk)

It comes in a metal can with a pull top lid and is the USD or BTC of the federal prison eco-system.

How it works...

Lets say for example: "That inmate Jose has a laundry service in prison". He charges 1 can of "Mack" per load of laundry. Jose has built a customer base in turn a locker full of mackerel cans.

Jose can do a couple things;

- He can eat them or he can trade them for other goods or services. *But no one has any incentive to do that unless he offers them at a discount.

He sells his cases for between $30 and $32.

Prison Economy Compound Price Per Case = $28.00-$30.00
Commissary Price Per Case = $36.00

Not everyone has access to prison compound prices. You kind of have to know somebody and be on good terms with the traders to get it that cheap.

Who are the traders?

- Artists
- Barbers
- Bookies
- Drug Addicts
- Drug Dealers
- Gamblers
- Sex Workers
& MORE...

So that's how the federal prison currency system works. That'll be 3 mack.

Many different types of prison currency, from stamps to cigarettes, have existed over the years. After prisons began banning smoking a decade ago—it was banned in all federal prisons in 2014—prisoners started exchanging tins of mackerel due to their long shelf live and high protein, which is lacking in prison. Laundry may cost 1 mack, a haircut 2 mack, and a personal trainer can run you 25 mack a month.

Source: Motherboard http://motherboard.vice.com/read/bitcoin-for-prison

A major figure in the Bitcoin economy has recently been sentenced as has begun serving a 2 year federal sentence. Learn More>>> http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-millionaire-charlie-shrem-sentenced-to-2-years-in-prison-2014-12

Charlie Schrem, Bitcoin pioneer & our communities first felon is an apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. He is a self described "Crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society, a dreamer" Charlie is a founder of The Bitcoin Foundation.

Charlie has envisioned creating a Bitcoin like public ledger in federal prison incorporating all of his ideas as such; Learn More>>> http://motherboard.vice.com/read/bitcoin-for-prison

However, this will not fly in the BOP. It is a clear violation of institutional policies and procedures and would result in Charlie being locked up in the SHU aka "the hole" aka solitary confinement along with all other inmates mentioned on the public ledger discussed. 99.9% of federal inmates are informants and Charlie is in for a rude awakening. Inmates are not to be trusted.

PROBLEM
- Charlie Shrem is incarcerated with some of the most innovative ideas in modern finance flowing through his creative mind with no "real-world" outlet. #FRUSTRATED
- Charlie Shrem is in need of funds to make his stay at club fed comfortable while keeping him in a place of normality adapting to his current living conditions.
- Charlie Shrem needs nutrition not provided steadily by the BOP cafeteria.
- Charlie Shrem needs money on his phone account to contact and keep in touch with the outside world. Phone calls are NOT free.
- Charlie Shrem needs financial publications to keep abreast of our ever changing market delivered daily. EX: WSJ, US Today & all BOP approved magazines and publications.
- Charlie Shrem is in need of community member support to enrich his visions while he is sitting on ice.
- Charlie needs to be shown support by the underlying community he helped build.

SOLUTION
- We have come up with a "real-world" plan to pin a unique cryptocurrency called, MakerelCoin $MAK to the current exchange rate of the federal inmate population currency of choice "mackerel" bringing Charlie's dream to reality while keeping him out of trouble in prison.
- We have created a coin with a total coin count of 92,164,054 which represents Charlie’s Federal Inmate Number. https://gordancrypto.wordpress.com

CHARLIE SHREM
Register Number: 92164-054
Race: White
Sex: Male
Located at: Lewisburg USP
Release Date: UNKNOWN
Contact Charlie Shrem in prison: http://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/

- We will be hosting an ICO hopefully on www.bittrex.com with all funds held in escrow by a recognized and trusted person/entity in the cryptocurrency sphere to gather and distribute all funds raised to Charlie's personal BOP commissary account.
- $MAK developers will be performing a pre-mine dedicated 100% to funding Charlie's stay at club fed.
- $MAK pre-mine will be a total of 20K coins. 10K to be listed for public sale with "all" proceeds again going to Charlie and 10K coins being held in a wallet for the future financing of Charlie's dreams.
- $MAK will be priced at $1.50 USD per coin with a total of $15K USD being raised for Charlie which should be enough to get him comfortably through his 2 year stint.

We are in need of an outstanding community member someone like a Roger Ver or Eric Voorhees to help us maintain escrow in an open, honest and transparent fashion. Please respond to this post if you are an individual who possesses these characteristics. We have reached out to Bittrex and the team behind The Rise & Rise Of Bitcoin for consideration.

We will be posting launch date, news and coin specifications once we arrange the correct platform/exchange to list.

We appreciate any help or ideas that our community has to offer to make this project a success. Please consider your wording in responses. We believe this is a serious matter that all should contribute to. Please respect Charlie's passion and only contribute positive information to the cause of a bitcoin pioneer in distress. This project has been labeled "CharlieAngels" which all of us participating plan to be.

We look forward to the progression of this development and as always our prayers are with Charlie Shrem.

Charlie Shrem is BTC

Sincerest Regards,

The MakerelCoin Development Team
$MAK
Twitter https://twitter.com/MakerelCoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:37:22 PM

Charlie Shrem has a net worth of $6 million dollars. I think he can afford his own eyebrow pluckers in prison.
MakerelCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:39:54 PM

This is more about giving Charlie the freedom of expression in prison. We are fully aware of his current financial situation. It's more than money it is paying homage to one of the pioneers, The denominations are irrelevant. TY for you response.
MakerelCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:53:08 PM

Charlie Shrem's own words written by his own hand...

Overall I’m content with my relatively short sentence and ready to move on.
Lewisburg Camp seems like a nice place, it offers outstanding recreational facilities including a walking track; a basketball court; softball fields and exercise equipment.

I will have access to limited email, mail and the ability to speak to the outside world while I’m inside. Here are a few ways to get in touch.
While inside, I’d love emails, letters, books, and magazines! Everything helps.

I’ve outlined a few ways to stay in touch and support me:

1. Sending me Books and Magazines
2. Printing out articles and/or writing me letters,
3. Sending me funds.
4. Emailing Me

In Liberty,

Charlie Shrem

SOURCE: CHARLIE SHREM | So, I’m going to prison. Reflections from Bitcoins’ first felon http://charlieshrem.com/so-im-going-to-prison/
MakerelCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:00:41 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2015, 05:15:47 PM by MakerelCoin

CHARLIE'S MESSAGE & OPEN-SOURCE REQUEST TO THE BITCOIN COMMUNITY

Sending me Books and Magazines

Amazon.com!

Using Gyft.com you can use Bitcoin to buy amazon credit.
Here is my Amazon wish list: http://amzn.com/w/3MH1ZOG0GFSZM

I’d also love these magazines! http://pastie.org/10002669

Amazon sells Single Issue magazines, that would be the easiest.
You can also pack up to 4 books or magazines (softcover, always softcover) in an envelope and mail them to me!

Charlie Shrem
Reg. No. 92164-054
USP Lewisburg Satellite Camp
P.O. Box 2000
Lewisburg, PA 17837

Printing out articles and/or writing me letters

I’d LOVE to get as many online articles as possible. Even going to reddit.com/r/bitcoin, and printing out the top articles of the day and mailing them to me would be great (Please do not send more than 30 pages / 4 oz at a time)
You can also use this site to write a letter and they will mail it out for $1:
http://www.mailaletter.com/

Charlie Shrem
Reg. No. 92164-054
P.O. Box 2000
Lewisburg, PA 17837

Sending me funds.

***I will need the support of everyone while inside, and I would appreciate it so much. Even $10 would go along way. There are a few days to send me money.

BTCitcoin (cheapest and easiest, but slowest because funds will only sweep weekly)
Every few weeks, the following Bitcoin address will be sweeped and the funds sent to me:
1NEgShr962NMHXet3WTVzwuW2189JRrP93

Western Union / Moneygram (fastest)
The BOP website has a brief 3 step process for sending. It can be done online with a credit or debit card, or in person with cash:
http://www.bop.gov/inmates/communications.jsp#money

You’ll need the following information for Moneygram:
Account Number: 92164054SHREM
Company Name: Federal Bureau of Prisons
City & State: Washington, DC
Receive Code is always: 7932
Beneficiary: Charlie Shrem

You’ll need the following information for Western Union:
Account Number: 92164054SHREM
Attention Line: Charlie Shrem
Code City is always: FBOP, DC

Money Order (Slowest)
Obtain a money order and include both ‘Charlie Shrem 92164-054’ and mail it to:

Federal Bureau of Prisons
Charlie Shrem
Reg. No. 92164-054
Post Office Box 474701
Des Moines, Iowa 50947-0001

Emailing Me

To be able to email, I need to initate first and there are a few days to do this. You can email me in advance to put you on my list, cs@charlieshrem.com.

You can also send me a letter, takes 2-3 days. Include your Full Name/Phone Number/Physical Address and Email address.

Charlie Shrem
Reg. No. 92164-054
P.O. Box 2000
Lewisburg, PA 17837

When I get inside, you’ll recieve an email from Corrlinks with the subject “Inmate: SHREM, CHARLIE”. (make sure to check your spam). The email gives the contact instructions about setting up your account with CorrLinks which is fairly simple, and includes a pass code you will need to set up their account.

After you create your account and are successfully logged in, you should click on the “Account Management” button on the Main Menu. Then click on “Manage My Inmate List”.

You will see CHARLIE SHREM listed and a little checkbox under “Email Alert” to the right. You should Check this box! Checking this box means that anytime you should receive an email from me, you will get an alert sent to your regular email account.
MakerelCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:19:21 PM

Official MackerelCoin ($MAK) Logo>>> https://twitter.com/BitcoinAgile/status/585994030577659904
MakerelCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:26:36 PM

$MAK is developing a bonafide exchange rate for @CharlieShrem to pin his current #prison currency project off. #BackedByMack #Bitcoin #BTC https://twitter.com/BreakingBitcoin/status/586218413892206593
Bank_sy

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:00:11 PM

SCAM, CHARLIE IS NOT BEHIND THIS MAK.
SOMEONE IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF HIS PUBLICITY
MakerelCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:06:55 PM

The original post said, "lolz" as a joke. Charlie Shrem is "NOT" backing $MAK with mackerel. To even believe that is beyond me. A good sense of humor is needed these days.This is a project to give Charlie creative measures while inside with 100% transparency via escrow. We put effort into actions not slurs. TY for your input. Original Post>https://twitter.com/CoyoteOfWallSt/status/586217986891112451
Bank_sy

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:11:11 PM

The original post said, "lolz" as a joke. Charlie Shrem is "NOT" backing $MAK with mackerel. To even believe that is beyond me. A good sense of humor is needed these days.This is a project to give Charlie creative measures while inside with 100% transparency via escrow. We put effort into actions not slurs. TY for your input. Original Post>https://twitter.com/CoyoteOfWallSt/status/586217986891112451

You are a manipulative scum bag who is trying to steal away bitcoins from the ones that dont know better!
If you REALLY DID CARE ABOUT ANYTHING YOU SAID YOU DID
DONT make this shit scam coin for you evil purposes.
MakerelCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:18:08 PM

You are incorrect in your assumption. We are creating a coin that will have an ICO that will be held in escrow by a known and well respected member of the cryptocurrency community. We will "never" even have the opportunity to touch a single bitcoin.

HINT: LEARN ESCROW POLICIES

You jump on this page with slanderous accusations that are not merited or warranted in anyway. Maybe your just bored? Maybe your a professional troll? IDK it is your issue. Anger is not healthy, you seem disturbed.

However, If you looked into Charlie's plans and requests as listed above to the cryptocurrency community you might be more educated in your posts. TY for your response.
MakerelCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:27:35 PM

When you can show you have above a 5th grade education and maybe brush that filthy little garbage mouth of yours by learning Charlie Shrem's requests to our community we may address you again. But until then... You are considered a detriment to all of cryptocurrency in general young man. Your parents should of taught you better manners or did your father leave for the store one day to get milk and never returned making you the little bastard child you are? Good luck with your misery, we will accomplish our work for the community while you continue your walk under that lingering black cloud of yours. Please go away or we will report you to moderators for bullying and slander which are illegal and liable in a court of law. Leave us alone! YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR WARNING ACCORDING TO LAW!

DEFINITION OF 'ESCROW'
A financial instrument held by a third party on behalf of the other two parties in a transaction. The funds are held by the escrow service until it receives the appropriate written or oral instructions or until obligations have been fulfilled. Securities, funds and other assets can be held in escrow.

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/escrow.asp#ixzz3WpzRPvFM
Follow @Investopedia on Twitter
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:36:38 PM

Why should we support Charlie in prison?  If he as a net worth of 6 Million I think he can afford to support himself while he's at the country club.

MakerelCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:41:06 PM

I already answered that question above. TY for your input
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:45:13 PM

You stated up above the HE WANTS people to send money.  The question is WHY?  Sure I want you all to send me money as well!!  I may not be in club-fed, but hey I got bills also!  and I'm not worth 6 million!!!

MakerelCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:58:10 PM

LOL! I understand your point neither am I. We just feel if we can pin the price of federal inmate mackerel to $BTC that it will give Charlie a bonafide exchange rate to work with on his prison currency project. In reality the coin will trade with miners mining hopefully. But the actual money going to Charlie is basically a couple of people he unknowingly helped are trying to raise support. We don't know his TRUE financial situation, no one does but Charlie and the FEDS. Now your question should be... Why don't you guys send him the $15K yourselves right? Real simple we are not rich. Wink We want to show "the system" that he has the backing of his community on all fronts. This coin will help Charlie keep a smile on his face and hope in his heart. Prison sucks and alot of mental anguish comes with incarceration. So our interest is really to see what Charlie can do with a real price backed by some volunteer foot soldiers for development and experimental purposes. As developers we get NO stake. If we want to support this project we have to buy it in the open market as well which we will on the level we can afford. Reality if 10,000 people bought 1 coin each for $1.50 USD the deal would succeed.
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:50:59 PM

Dude, the reality is, Charlie is at the country Club version of the Federal Prison System.  There are no mackerels, there are dollars in the buying accounts.  If he were inside the walls, there would be no internet access, and a method for payment would be whatever he could get his hands on.

People doing HARD TIME (not Charlie) don't give a rats ass about a new form of prison crypto.  Most of them want to do their time without getting killed or butt raped.

MakerelCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:04:20 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2015, 09:27:58 PM by MakerelCoin

Have you ever been in US federal prison? Because one of our developers has as well as our volunteer promoter Coyote. Yes Charlie has USD in his commissary "balance" that can "only" be used for phone calls and commissary purchases through the BOP. Commissary sells commodities urgently needed by inmates in turn converting their dollars into store items [commodities]. Low, Medium & High security BOP facilities all have "mackerel" in their commissary inventories. #FACT All this is available online through The Federal Bureau Of Prisons "Inmate Locater" section on their website. Please do your due diligence before voicing an invalid and unfactual opinion it really makes us look ignorant to mainstream outsiders looking in. The dictionary of finance is a good start for all newbies.

And as for the old timers doing football numbers? They are the biggest traders and hoarders of mackerel. Why? That is the only economy they will ever know again. They run the card, dice, drug rackets, etc. This is #FACT not just a conjured up opinion. #EducateYourself ignorance is a choice especially in 2015 where we have a search engine called GOOGLE! In my days we read books and newspapers. You young bucks are too lazy to even search a topic prior to displaying your views which is defined as "IGNORANCE". Good luck in your sphere.

Also rape doesn't occur in prison on the level hollywood shows you. In today's day and age there are so many homosexual's in society and prison that it is mostly consensual. Stop with all the stereo types it is almost a form of biased discrimination towards inmates. Also, Lewisburg is not a country club, no BOP institution is these days. You have been watching too many mafia movies. Ask @FREE_ROSS and at least give something a chance to start before you try to come crashing down on others sincere efforts and innovation. Crypto has turned into a world of unknowledgeable Debbie downers. For the sake of living change your channel there are better programs you droids. But your IPAD's working right? Make sure it's fully charged god forbid it dies on you.
sologap

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:54:29 PM

wtf i can not read all of this  Shocked in short, can we mine this ?

☠ CRAVEEmbraces the privacy movement ☠   
    Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.   
MakerelCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:56:02 PM

Yes you will be able to mine $MAK. Total coin count of 92,164,054 which represents Charlie’s Federal Inmate Number. Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: