Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:40:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please tell me why my account banned !  (Read 1468 times)
UNBTC (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:26:39 PM

Dear Sir,

My account username: soowein

At the moment, it has been banned.

I really don't know the reason why my account banned ?

Please help me to better understand !

Sincerely thanks !
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 03:32:13 PM

Dear Sir,

Sincerely thanks !

When you log into your account you will see a reason and a time period. If this is not your first ban you might not see a time period, this typically indicates a perma ban. The most common reason for bans is spam. I see that you had a period of 2 days where you posted >50 very short posts, I guess this is the reason.

link for the lazy -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=343958

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
UNBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:39:12 PM

Dear Sir,

Sincerely thanks !

When you log into your account you will see a reason and a time period. If this is not your first ban you might not see a time period, this typically indicates a perma ban. The most common reason for bans is spam. I see that you had a period of 2 days where you posted >50 very short posts, I guess this is the reason.

First of all, Sincerely thanks for your help !

But this is my first ban but I did not see any time period.

And I see some of members that participant in Campaign. They can post even more than 100 posts per week without banned. I wonder if there are

any exception for them ? (most of them is full member or above)

I just have bought a account but I did not dare use it because I was afraid of being banned again. I also have read "Rules of Forum" but I think 

should be clear especially for new members or members that English is not their primary language. (I am from Vietnam)

I really do not understand how called short post ? How called long post ? How called quality post ? It really is ambiguous for new members like as

me. I also saw some comments and guidance from respected members like you . They said that the need to post quality , longer than 3 lines , .. But

how long I can post more than 3 lines when participating auction ( sometime I saw they simply wrote out "@0.05" or "I bid 0.07" . That's all. )

Such postings can be called quality ? (only few words not few lines)

They are members, full member, Sr.Member,...I noticed they were not banned at all while the newbie , I banned

I really do not know what I should do with my account at this time. I bought an account "full member" but I'm not used to participate in campaign

(pay for posts) because I was afraid I would be banned . If so, as I took the money to buy that account

Honestly , so far I do not understand clearly how it is called a quality post ?

These are true words of my heart and once again I sincerely thank you !

abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:10:54 PM

Dear Sir,

Sincerely thanks !

And I see some of members that participant in Campaign. They can post even more than 100 posts per week without banned. I wonder if there are

I just have bought a account but I did not dare use it because I was afraid of being banned again. I also have read "Rules of Forum" but I think 

should be clear especially for new members or members that English is not their primary language. (I am from Vietnam)

I really do not understand how called short post ? How called long post ? How called quality post ? It really is ambiguous for new members like as

me. I also saw some comments and guidance from respected members like you . They said that the need to post quality , longer than 3 lines , .. But

how long I can post more than 3 lines when participating auction ( sometime I saw they simply wrote out "@0.05" or "I bid 0.07" . That's all. )

They are members, full member, Sr.Member,...I noticed they were not banned at all while the newbie , I banned

I really do not know what I should do with my account at this time. I bought an account "full member" but I'm not used to participate in campaign

(pay for posts) because I was afraid I would be banned . If so, as I took the money to buy that account

Can you post a screenshot of the red warning? I think you were permabanned, but I am not sure at 100%. As shorena said, you were banned mosst probable for the content of your posts and you should improve your quality. Now I suggest you to don't evade the ban and not post outside the meta section.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 05:40:59 PM

Dear Sir,

Sincerely thanks !

No there have been legendary members banned for spam. The number alone is not important. The question is usually whether a post is constructive or not. There is no 100% clear definition, but as long as you contribute to the discussion in a topic and it shows that you put some effort in your post you should have no problems. You should also avoid answering what someone else already said in your own words. In some threads this is very difficult as its merely asking "what did you drink today". You dont have to avoid all these threads, but keep it an exception.

Maybe you can create a translation of the rules? Its good that you dont use the new account yet. Wait till the ban is over, because its for all your accounts. Posting here to ask about your ban is ok, but nothing else.

You dont have to write much when its an auction or a trade, that would be silly. I will make an example, maybe it helps.

I believe that the other country will accept BTC for payment and exchange it as a official currency.

No other way , so they had to accept it.

The only problem is the time !

This post was in a discussion thread about whether bitcoin will become a global currency or not. You post your opinion which is fine, but maybe you can write more about why you think this? Why would there no way around it for bitcoin as official currency in your opinion. The idea here is that people discuss a topic and give reasons for their opinions so others can argue with them. Some sections also aim to help someone, they have questions. If you can answer a question with a single word and you are the first person to answer that is a good and constructive post.

If you think someone is spamming you can create a post in meta or write someone from staff directly. If you think a specific post is against the rules or spammy you can use the "report to moderator" link. They may not act immediately and they may have a different opinion about it, but it might also help them to find spammers.

I know its a difficulty topic as there is no easy answer, but maybe what I wrote above can help you a bit.

CoolRunnings21

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

Nenávist má sestru, to je závist.

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:37:31 PM

Admins are coming down extremely hard on account with sigs that are having non constructive posts.

Were you in a  sig campaign?

Even posts that are barely scammy, have resulted in bans.

If you are posting a bunch of Off-Topic junk like how long you ahve been logged in ect.

NDotSO / Bourák
UNBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:38:48 PM

Dear Sir,

Sincerely thanks !

Can you post a screenshot of the red warning? I think you were permabanned, but I am not sure at 100%. As shorena said, you were banned mosst probable for the content of your posts and you should improve your quality. Now I suggest you to don't evade the ban and not post outside the meta section.

My account banned without having any period time. Maybe, it's permabanned as you said.

Yes, I will try to do it .but at this time, I don't know how to post a picture or a screenshot here ?

And I sincerely thanks for your advice ! That's things I have ever known before. I usually create a new account after old account banned. Maybe,

that's why my new account always banned after.

Sincerely thanks for your help again !
UNBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:51:08 PM

Admins are coming down extremely hard on account with sigs that are having non constructive posts.

Were you in a  sig campaign?

Even posts that are barely scammy, have resulted in bans.

If you are posting a bunch of Off-Topic junk like how long you ahve been logged in ect.

Almost my accounts is Newbie or Jr.Member. So, I can't join any Signiture Campaign. I just use my account to enroll Twitter Campaign. I know Mods

right when they banned me but because I don't understand the rules clearly. I see people post 100 post a week , I also imitate them . So I just posted .

And I am also aware that not spam but still banned.

Therefore, I am confused, I do not know what that error I keep getting banned continuous.

Sincerely thanks for your help !
UNBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:01:10 PM

Dear Sir,

Sincerely thanks !

No there have been legendary members banned for spam. The number alone is not important. The question is usually whether a post is constructive or not. There is no 100% clear definition, but as long as you contribute to the discussion in a topic and it shows that you put some effort in your post you should have no problems. You should also avoid answering what someone else already said in your own words. In some threads this is very difficult as its merely asking "what did you drink today". You dont have to avoid all these threads, but keep it an exception.

Maybe you can create a translation of the rules? Its good that you dont use the new account yet. Wait till the ban is over, because its for all your accounts. Posting here to ask about your ban is ok, but nothing else.

You dont have to write much when its an auction or a trade, that would be silly. I will make an example, maybe it helps.

I believe that the other country will accept BTC for payment and exchange it as a official currency.

No other way , so they had to accept it.

The only problem is the time !

This post was in a discussion thread about whether bitcoin will become a global currency or not. You post your opinion which is fine, but maybe you can write more about why you think this? Why would there no way around it for bitcoin as official currency in your opinion. The idea here is that people discuss a topic and give reasons for their opinions so others can argue with them. Some sections also aim to help someone, they have questions. If you can answer a question with a single word and you are the first person to answer that is a good and constructive post.

If you think someone is spamming you can create a post in meta or write someone from staff directly. If you think a specific post is against the rules or spammy you can use the "report to moderator" link. They may not act immediately and they may have a different opinion about it, but it might also help them to find spammers.

I know its a difficulty topic as there is no easy answer, but maybe what I wrote above can help you a bit.

I sincere thank you very much ! Thanks for your enthusiastic help !

I also learned many useful things from your help. I 'll try to avoid repeating this situation. Hopefully I can calm this account but not banned

anymore. I sincerely appreciate you very much.

P/S: Even until now, account that I just bought 0.12 BTC "Full Member"  I bought from a member named "yogg" , I also don't know it's banned or not

because I could not dare "log in" it

I really don't know what I should do at this time.
UNBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:11:51 PM

I don't know how to upload a screenshot here but I just check my banned account and I saw a message with the red warning like this:

"Sorry soowein, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum."

That's all.

Thanks !

abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:19:08 PM

I don't know how to upload a screenshot here but I just check my banned account and I saw a message with the red warning like this:

"Sorry soowein, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum."

That's all.

Thanks !

Searche the button "stamp" on your keyboard and after open www.imgur.com , finally uplaoad the image (ctrl + v).
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 07:23:31 PM

That's all.

Thanks !

You're perma-banned. Don't break any forum rules such as ban evasion, thread hijacking and PM spam. Come after 30 days or so and make a good appeal. You may get unbanned. This isn't promised but there is a chance you will.

If you are unbanned, don't make low quality posts. Give some efforts to it. "Post in topics which you need to, don't post in threads which you want to". This will save many spams.

P.S. Nothing about "appealing via email" in the notice?

UNBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:30:33 PM

That's all.

Thanks !

You're perma-banned. Don't break any forum rules such as ban evasion, thread hijacking and PM spam. Come after 30 days or so and make a good appeal. You may get unbanned. This isn't promised but there is a chance you will.

If you are unbanned, don't make low quality posts. Give some efforts to it. "Post in topics which you need to, don't post in threads which you want to". This will save many spams.

P.S. Nothing about "appealing via email" in the notice?

Sincerely thanks for your advice so much!

And yes, Nothing about "appealing via email" in the notice.

Here is all that I can read: "Sorry soowein, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum."

UNBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:44:05 PM

https://i.imgur.com/aiHEeO5.png

Oh, This is the first time I know how to post a picture here. Thanks for all you here !
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:59:26 PM

Dear Sir,

Sincerely thanks !

No. Special privileges for higher ranks do not exist in this forum. Everyone in this forum can be banned with the same grounds. You can point a finger on users who posts 100 times a week (or in some cases, a hundred posts per day) but if you read thoroughly in their post history, you will see that most of it were constructive--a reason why they aren't banned even though they posted a high number of posts. To be able to avoid being banned, you must not spam just to boost your post count (especially those in the signature campaigns, including me).
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:12:05 PM

Oh, This is the first time I know how to post a picture here. Thanks for all you here !

Really strange, there isn't an email either a "period" so I can't say if it is a perma or limited ban. You should wait an admin, because we can't help you much here.
UNBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:19:16 PM

No. Special privileges for higher ranks do not exist in this forum. Everyone in this forum can be banned with the same grounds. You can point a finger on users who posts 100 times a week (or in some cases, a hundred posts per day) but if you read thoroughly in their post history, you will see that most of it were constructive--a reason why they aren't banned even though they posted a high number of posts. To be able to avoid being banned, you must not spam just to boost your post count (especially those in the signature campaigns, including me).

Yes, Sincere thanks for your advice ! Now, I understood a bit about this rules.

It is true that users who posts 100 times per week is only can point a finger on.

I will try my best to avoid spam posts

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 08:22:52 PM

Really strange, there isn't an email either a "period" so I can't say if it is a perma or limited ban. You should wait an admin, because we can't help you much here.

@UNBTC, did you buy the "soowein" account as well? Its possible it was banned before.

Its fine to log into any account you have, just dont send PMs or post until this is resolved as this might get the other account banned as well. I am not sure how staff handles perma bans for bought accounts, but probably the same as if you had been banned before. Can you tell us who you bought the account from? Maybe the person can answer whether the account was banned in the past.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:23:39 PM

Yes, Sincere thanks for your advice ! Now, I understood a bit about this rules.

It is true that users who posts 100 times per week is only can point a finger on.

I will try my best to avoid spam posts

You should. If you look through the post history of users who are currently enrolled in a signature campaign, you will notice that some of them even managed to post 100 or more in just a single day. The reason they aren't banned? Their posts are constructive enough to help the discussion progress with more meaning into it. Just avoid the temptation of posting too much and sacrificing the quality just to be paid more. The consequences are greater rather than the privileges of doing it,
UNBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:26:29 PM

https://i.imgur.com/aiHEeO5.png

I really appreciate you taking precious time to help me here. I sincerely thank you so much !
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: