Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:28:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Arizona Interest  (Read 14184 times)
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:04:27 PM

OK, I'll be there. 3 PM on Friday at Cartel Coffee Labs in Tempe (225 W University Dr, Tempe AZ 85281).

I'll wear a purple shirt. Hope to see lots of other Bitcoiners from Phoenix metro there!
MWNinja

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 05:32:33 AM

I've got a meetup group started for this http://www.meetup.com/Arizona-Bitcoin-Meetup/events/127901812/

RandomQ

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:56:50 PM

I've got a meetup group started for this http://www.meetup.com/Arizona-Bitcoin-Meetup/events/127901812/

I saw this listed as a upcoming meeting/Meetup "Bitcoin 101"

Wednesday, August 7, 2013
7:00 PM

No location set yet
MWNinja

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 05:47:26 PM

Peter is supposed to be finding the location.  We really need to set one up soon so I can get the meetup advertised properly in advance.  We had 6 at the last meetup, hopefully the next one will be bigger and better.
CompNsci

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 07:42:51 PM

Next meeting will be at Boulders on Broadway (http://bouldersonbroadway.com) on Wednesday August 7th at 7 PM, upstairs in their meeting room.

Please see details about presentations at http://www.meetup.com/Arizona-Bitcoin-Meetup/

Hope to see you all there.
BitBlitz

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 01:54:38 AM

Awesome!  I'll be able to make this one.

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...
RandomQ

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:23:56 AM

Next meeting will be at Boulders on Broadway (http://bouldersonbroadway.com) on Wednesday August 7th at 7 PM, upstairs in their meeting room.

Please see details about presentations at http://www.meetup.com/Arizona-Bitcoin-Meetup/

Hope to see you all there.

I just wanna bump this and make sure this is going on tomorrow
MWNinja

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 05:29:36 PM

Yeah its on tonight. I will be giving a presentation on how the blockchain works (and not too technical, I made sure my wife could understand it).
Cosmos (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 05:58:20 AM

Aww... just saw this meetup info. Sad  How'd the presentation go?! Smiley

Donation BTC: 1Pno5cingvmmC8CtpHgNJcoLqfyzSz6kEy
CompNsci

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 05:10:29 PM

Aww... just saw this meetup info. Sad  How'd the presentation go?! Smiley

Presentation went very well and was quite informative. Next meetup on September 4th, Bitcoin Wednesday. Location yet to be determined.

I will post here again for next month, but please sign up for notices at meetup.com, that is where most of the information will be posted in the future. http://www.meetup.com/Arizona-Bitcoin-Meetup/

Also there will be a Satoshi market square on 8/24. It is being call TFMOX - Tempe Farmers Market Offline eXchange at Tempe Farmer's Market, about 4-7 PM.
Cosmos (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 05:55:42 PM

Just received email from bitcoin foundation and found out that the General Counsel, Patrick Murck is giving a presentation in Scottsdale on October 16 for the Electronic Transactions Associations Strategic Leadership Forum at the Montelucia Resort and Spa.

http://electran.org/events/slf13/

I don't see Mr. Murck on the list of speakers, but maybe something to look out for.

CompNsci

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:30:25 PM

Just received email from bitcoin foundation and found out that the General Counsel, Patrick Murck is giving a presentation in Scottsdale on October 16 for the Electronic Transactions Associations Strategic Leadership Forum at the Montelucia Resort and Spa.

I don't see Mr. Murck on the list of speakers, but maybe something to look out for.

Interesting. I wonder how much that would be to attend? Looks like it could be spendy.
Cosmos (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:23:50 PM

Interesting. I wonder how much that would be to attend? Looks like it could be spendy.

Yeah, the convention itself probably is.  I remember one conference was held last year at another ritzy Scottsdale hotel with BitInstant guys, and we just used that occasion to meet up and hang out.  Perhaps we can meetup in the lobby, have some drinks and talk with Patrick if he's willing to stay into the night?  Not sure what his schedule would be.  I wouldn't mind seeing if I can email him and ask if he'd be open to that if there is enough interest.

CompNsci

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:29:36 PM

Yeah, the convention itself probably is.  I remember one conference was held last year at another ritzy Scottsdale hotel with BitInstant guys, and we just used that occasion to meet up and hang out.  Perhaps we can meetup in the lobby, have some drinks and talk with Patrick if he's willing to stay into the night?  Not sure what his schedule would be.  I wouldn't mind seeing if I can email him and ask if he'd be open to that if there is enough interest.

Please let us know if it sounds like it may work out. I'd be game for coming up then.
Cosmos (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:50:48 PM

Okey doke.  I couldn't find an email, so I shot him a tweet.  Will respond back with info.

rj98942

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:11:05 PM

I'm Ryan. I attended the July (?) monthly meeting at Boulders on Broadway. I am new to this bitcoin thing. I'm the guy who's trying to mine using an Nvidia GTX 560. Since then, I've ordered one USB Block Eruptor and it's being shipped now. Full time student at MCC.

Hopefully that jogged some people's memory. Now on to why I'm posting:

I would like some of you to at least entertain the idea of coming to MCC and giving a small talk/presentation on bitcoin. Just start off with the basics and talk for maybe 45 minutes or so. I would love to see a Raspberry Pi or something similar hooked up to a couple of the block eruptors and have them mining for the talk. I know that there is at least one person on here selling a set up like that. I just can't remember who. Anyways, if someone would be interested in doing it, please get back to me. I am thinking sometime in September or October. Maybe we could work something out where you (the presenter) would divy out the BTC mined during the talk (it would increase interest in BTC) in exchange for food at the school. We might be able to get our hands on some petty cash to have some food delivered.

Anyways, I hope that this interests some of you. Get in touch with me and let me know. Thanks.

Ryan
MWNinja

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 06:06:52 PM

I'm Ryan. I attended the July (?) monthly meeting at Boulders on Broadway. I am new to this bitcoin thing. I'm the guy who's trying to mine using an Nvidia GTX 560. Since then, I've ordered one USB Block Eruptor and it's being shipped now. Full time student at MCC.

Hopefully that jogged some people's memory. Now on to why I'm posting:

I would like some of you to at least entertain the idea of coming to MCC and giving a small talk/presentation on bitcoin. Just start off with the basics and talk for maybe 45 minutes or so. I would love to see a Raspberry Pi or something similar hooked up to a couple of the block eruptors and have them mining for the talk. I know that there is at least one person on here selling a set up like that. I just can't remember who. Anyways, if someone would be interested in doing it, please get back to me. I am thinking sometime in September or October. Maybe we could work something out where you (the presenter) would divy out the BTC mined during the talk (it would increase interest in BTC) in exchange for food at the school. We might be able to get our hands on some petty cash to have some food delivered.

Anyways, I hope that this interests some of you. Get in touch with me and let me know. Thanks.

Ryan

I'd be happy to come out and speak to your group at MCC, I was the one that was gave the blockchain presentation at the last meetup. I can certainly bring a small mining setup as well. Let me know what date so I can block it out on my calendar. Nice to see that you have found your way here to bitcointalk.
Cosmos (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:08:27 AM

Heard back from Patrick Murck, and he said the idea of holding a meet-n-greet sounds like a blast.  Will work out a specific time when the event gets closer. Wahoo! =)

CompNsci

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:58:49 PM

Heard back from Patrick Murck, and he said the idea of holding a meet-n-greet sounds like a blast.  Will work out a specific time when the event gets closer. Wahoo! =)

Would we actually want to hold an extra meetup that month at that hotel?
CompNsci

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:01:05 PM

First (and hopefully monthly) Tempe Farmer's Market Offline Exchange will be held this Saturday, August 24th, 4-7 PM at the Tempe Farmer's Market on University in Tempe. This will be a Satoshi Square style exchange event.

Also see http://www.meetup.com/Arizona-Bitcoin-Meetup/events/134558602/
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: