Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:32:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't send bitcoins from Electrum wallet  (Read 1992 times)
dollarcoin (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:10:43 PM

Hello,

Today I installed Electrum and created a 2 on 3 multisig wallet. I accidently sent some bitcoins to this wallet and now I can't send those btcs anywhere.
When I click on send the window with inputs and outputs pops up, but when I click on close nothing happens. No entry in the history and I still have the same ammount of btcs on my wallet.

Does anyone know how I can get my bitcoins back to a web wallet (blockchain for example).

Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 05:25:50 PM

how did you create the multisig wallet?
you must have entered cosigner keys, where did they come from?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
dollarcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:52:56 PM

I wanted to buy something from a bitwasp based site.
So I used my public key (bip32 key) from that side and the key of the guy I wanted to buy something from.
So can he just restore a wallet with his key, and my two keys (from the site and from my electrum) and access to my wallet or the coins? And then send the coins to my adress for example, save the file and send it to me that I can sign it?
ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 07:06:10 PM

So I used my public key (bip32 key) from that side and the key of the guy I wanted to buy something from.
do you have the corresponding private key from the site?
if yes, then you can restore a wallet with two private keys, and that guy's xpub, and directly spend from it

So can he just restore a wallet with his key, and my two keys (from the site and from my electrum) and access to my wallet or the coins? And then send the coins to my adress for example, save the file and send it to me that I can sign it?

yes, if you trust him

dollarcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:18:59 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2015, 12:21:27 PM by dollarcoin

yes I have the private key as well.
So I go to restore wallet -> multi sig -> 2 of 3
and then?
enter my private key first? Then his public key and what as 3rd key then?

when I enter my private key of my bitcoin adress as well it just says creating wallet but nothing happens. So i have to restart the programm.

EDIT:
okay I got the "unsigned.txn" file now. I restored the wallet with the public keys so I got a watch only wallet.
Went to load transation -> load from text

then I signed it but it is still only "Partially signed (1/2)"
How can I get the second sign?
ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 02:38:22 PM

if you own two of the private keys, you can restore a wallet that has them (for example with one seed, one xprv, and one xpub), and it will not need a cosigner.

if you do not own two of three keys, your cosigner has to sign the transaction

dollarcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:47:44 PM

yes I tried it like that (seed, priv. key, pub. key) but it seems to freeze then.
Is it because I used a BIP32 key and its incompatible?

Thanks for the help so far though!
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:13:05 AM

It's a 2 of 3 wallet so you need 2 extended private keys or two electrum wallet seeds if those extended private keys were created by electrum. So you have the seed for your electrum wallet so that's one. Do you have the extended private key behind the public key from that site? Do you have the extended private key of the seller?

If you don't have 2 out of 3 extended private keys you will need to create a partially signed transaction and then email it to the seller for him to sign and broadcast.
dollarcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 04:10:31 PM

yes I have the private key as well. but i created the wallet with two keys of that site and they weren't created with electrum probably.
So it's probably impossible to get access to my coins?!

As I already wrote when I try to restore the wallet with my seed and the private key of that site, the programm just says wallet is being generated but nothing happens.
When I close the programm and try to open that created wallet (with 2kb) and click complete creation now I can just enter public keys (like creating a new wallet).
ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 05:49:24 AM

restoring from xprv was only added 22 days ago:
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/pull/1097

it is likely that your electrum version does not have it, unless you are using git head

FiiohhMA

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:50:53 PM

Hello guys, I read your discussion and I saw that *dollarcoin* has the same problem, I think. I installed Electrum, I've sent a high amount of bitcoin and now I can't send them to my other wallet (Multibit). Can you help me? I will not lose my money.. Now are weeks that I try someone to help me, but I did not find anything .. I hope for your answer! Ehm, I'm an Italian girl, so sorry if sometimes I will not understand anything and I don't write very well in English :\ Thanks for all!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: