Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:07:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Macbook Pro 13 Inch  (Read 1222 times)
TruSteve84 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 03:12:29 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2012, 01:32:07 PM by TruSteve84

sold on CL
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mixmastermine

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 03:42:39 AM

Will you accept escrow? If so, I'll start it off with a 30 BTC bid.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 03:44:17 AM

http://www.spreadmyad.com/sacramento/merchandise/computers/20619588-macbook-pro-13-inch-folsom-ca-900

I would recommend serious buyers think twice about offering on this laptop, as someone is selling the same one on that above website (same photos, description, etc) for twice the price he's asking here. Although that alone doesn't make it a scraper-scam, it does leave an interesting question: why would anyone buy this without calling the provided phone number on the listing above and making sure it's really OP?  Roll Eyes

mixmastermine

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 03:49:35 AM

http://www.spreadmyad.com/sacramento/merchandise/computers/20619588-macbook-pro-13-inch-folsom-ca-900

I would recommend serious buyers think twice about offering on this laptop, as someone is selling the same one on that above website (same photos, description, etc) for twice the price he's asking here. Although that alone doesn't make it a scraper-scam, it does leave an interesting question: why would anyone buy this without calling the provided phone number on the listing above and making sure it's really OP?  Roll Eyes

Twice thought. Bid retracted.
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 03:57:55 AM

Good find, so what's the trick to finding recycled ads? A lot of you guys are getting pretty good at finding old craigslist ads with the same pictures. Are you just doing a google search for the listing description and hoping they just copy pasted the whole thing?

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 03:59:50 AM

I would recommend serious buyers think twice about offering on this laptop, as someone is selling the same one on that above website (same photos, description, etc) for twice the price he's asking here. Although that alone doesn't make it a scraper-scam, it does leave an interesting question: why would anyone buy this without calling the provided phone number on the listing above and making sure it's really OP?  Roll Eyes

Good find, so what's the trick to finding recycled ads? A lot of you guys are getting pretty good at finding old craigslist ads with the same pictures. Are you just doing a google search for the listing description and hoping they just copy pasted the whole thing?

1) Go to http://images.google.com
2) Click the little camera icon in the text box
3) Paste the image URL of the scammer's
4) Look how many hits you get, paying attention to "Find other sizes of this image". This image was only used once apparently, but it's still yet to be seen if it's the same seller. I would call and confirm with the number to get this guy labeled as a scammer if it's not him.

See the search results here

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 04:17:42 AM

Wait, let me take a wild guess:  This guy also posts in 1) Lending asking for a loan, or 2) Money Exchange asking for transactions in PayPal or Moneypack.  If either are true, it's a guaranteed scam.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
CrazyGuy
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 04:30:57 AM

I would recommend serious buyers think twice about offering on this laptop, as someone is selling the same one on that above website (same photos, description, etc) for twice the price he's asking here. Although that alone doesn't make it a scraper-scam, it does leave an interesting question: why would anyone buy this without calling the provided phone number on the listing above and making sure it's really OP?  Roll Eyes

1) Go to http://images.google.com
2) Click the little camera icon in the text box
3) Paste the image URL of the scammer's
4) Look how many hits you get, paying attention to "Find other sizes of this image". This image was only used once apparently, but it's still yet to be seen if it's the same seller. I would call and confirm with the number to get this guy labeled as a scammer if it's not him.

See the search results here

Nice, I didn't know google had a search by image function. Thanks for staying on top of these guys!

softwareseller

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 04:45:18 AM

Are you serious? Search by image is rolled out years ago

Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 04:48:53 AM

^ lol Google hipster

Mousepotato
CrazyGuy
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 05:10:36 AM

It depends on what you mean by search by image.(yes I knew about images.google.com)  If I'm understanding the functionality Matthew explained correctly, it sounds like google is actually analyzing the contents of the image and looking for matching images. A simple binary comparison wouldn't be sufficient since there may be multiple images out there with different compression rates. That's pretty cool and I didn't know about it. I knew the google mobile app let you take pictures and search by image so the technology was there, but let's face it, most computer users are too stupid to know how to copy and paste a fully qualified link to an image, lowering the demand for that type of application.

softwareseller

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:50:17 AM

Actually you could also
Drag the image to search bar to search
Upload the image from local file to search

CrazyGuy
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 04:06:24 PM

sold on CL

Yeh, a month ago by some guy in California, right?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: