Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:26:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What coin should our next pool be ?  (Read 627 times)
lee_adama (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:31:42 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2015, 06:58:58 PM by lee_adama

FederatedMining

Lee's Pools (Federated Mining) is looking to open a new pool.

We are taking submissions for which coin you would like to see a new pool open up for.

Please reply with your suggestions, and we will get started with the new pool.

Some technical limitations may apply depending on the winning coin's algorithm.

Suggestions will be open until 4/12/15.

Lee

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lee_adama (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 12:57:16 AM

there used to be a vibrant mining community here.

not one reply ?  what happened?

Lee
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:18:07 AM

Been kind of wondering the same thing myself.  It appears as though not alot of active discussion going on in these threads compared to back when I first joined bitcointalk.

Well, personally, not sure if you have a Dashcoin, SmartCoin, and StartCoin set of pools available but those are the one's I was planning on playing with on a couple of old GPU's I have lying around (assuming my friends apt. can handle the unit without any issue(s)).  Impossible to really make anything at GPU mining without free electric anymore.

lee_adama (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:31:00 PM

Been kind of wondering the same thing myself.  It appears as though not alot of active discussion going on in these threads compared to back when I first joined bitcointalk.

Well, personally, not sure if you have a Dashcoin, SmartCoin, and StartCoin set of pools available but those are the one's I was planning on playing with on a couple of old GPU's I have lying around (assuming my friends apt. can handle the unit without any issue(s)).  Impossible to really make anything at GPU mining without free electric anymore.

I noticed the apparent lack of profitability lately as I was looking into getting back in the mining game.  I decided to do pools instead, but there don't seem to be many people interested in mining at all anymore.  I can only assume it's due to the drop in price of BTC and the multitude of ASIC devices out there.

It seems to have turned into a race to the bottom with ASIC's.  Everytime they come out with a new version, you have to upgrade or get left behind making pennies.

The only people making money seem to be the people making the ASIC's and that's a little bit over my head I'm afraid.

I will look into the coins you mentioned and see if I can get a pool working for some of them.

Thanks for replying,

Lee.
lee_adama (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:34:31 PM

I should be able to get startcoin and smartcoin up and running.  Dashcoin uses an algorithm I'm not familiar with "Algorithm: CryptoNight".
lee_adama (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:58:21 AM

I should be able to get startcoin and smartcoin up and running.  Dashcoin uses an algorithm I'm not familiar with "Algorithm: CryptoNight".

startcoin is up : http://start.federatedmining.net/

how about helping me test it ?  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: