Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:54:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Banks and Bitcoin  (Read 3515 times)
edo777 (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:32:44 AM

Hi evrybody,

i have a general question.

in your opinion, how banks can earn with bitcoin?
rememberme

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 07:35:34 AM

They are afraid of it, because it contradicts their whole system. I.E. If there are holidays and you have limited access to your bank, BTC will always provide full access to it's users.

Thats as simple as it gets.

Bitcoin and Crypto Mining Rigs https://www.minerigs.shop
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:41:05 AM

Hi evrybody,

Offer Bitcoin storage (vault) with insurance. Invest in Bitcoin startups. Bitcoin loanss. Tons of other applications that aren't possible with fiat. Plenty of opportunities.

In fact, for them it's the same as for anybody else. With cryptocurrency, banks no longer have a privileged elite position, they're essentially just companies with the same possibilities and limitations as any other company or person. So if others can earn with Bitcoin, so can banks. Sounds fair to me!

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:00:11 AM

In my opinion, banks will never accept BTC.
BTC is for the banks actually competition and threat, not something that can be offered as an additional financial product.
It is much more likely that banks offers its own virtual currency than BTC.
Banks do not like the things over which they do not have complete control.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:04:47 AM

BTC is for the banks actually competition and threat, not something that can be offered as an additional financial product.

It is a controsense that the banks will start to use bitcoin. Because with bitcoin I can send payment from A to C without pass to B, instead with banks I am obliged to pass from B. This is way bitcoin and banks can't coexist if we are thinking in a global adoption.
tatu

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:07:35 AM

Hi evrybody,

How do they earn from anything else? From fees providing services. They can just offer services tailored to various aspects of bitcoin.

They are afraid of it, because it contradicts their whole system. I.E. If there are holidays and you have limited access to your bank, BTC will always provide full access to it's users.

Thats as simple as it gets.

They can adapt and very likely will if bitcoin becomes a threat.
rememberme

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 08:09:20 AM

They can adapt and very likely will if bitcoin becomes a threat.

Elaborate

muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:10:58 AM

well banks can win by trading the btc to for instances pay pal and then acount will be turnerd into dollars and euros in bank but thats a market of like 1 billion per year distribuited by all bank in world soo and acording to the  fact that bitcoin its too decentralized and personla power i mean if theres no good way to turn btc = euros in bank they will never earn and porbably try to diminuich the coin

rememberme

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 08:13:00 AM

Exactly. And how do they plan to do so, only by giving it a bad image. and telling people they are more trustworthy because of the hundreds of years of service. But Math beats words.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:38:28 AM

It is a controsense that the banks will start to use bitcoin. Because with bitcoin I can send payment from A to C without pass to B, instead with banks I am obliged to pass from B. This is way bitcoin and banks can't coexist if we are thinking in a global adoption.

Exactly!
Bitcoin and banks simply are not compatible.
There are no profits for banks here.
No profit no interest Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
arlekyn13

Activity: 288

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:44:28 AM

As long as BTC and fiat co-exist, banks do not worry about BTC. We all still evaluate the BTC in fiat. And banks control the fiat Smiley And therefore, banks can and will take huge advantage of this new "stock" or "commodity" or whatever the label the BTC gets in various jurisdictions.

Have the fiat replaced entirely by BTC and you have a completely different story: a new society, almost impossible to imagine the implications of such a scenario. That's why I don't believe this will ever happen or if it happens, it would require a massive social movement, a global wide event to trigger the necessity and desire for this to happen. Very, very unlikely.

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
Troonetpt

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:56:04 AM

As long as BTC and fiat co-exist, banks do not worry about BTC. We all still evaluate the BTC in fiat. And banks control the fiat Smiley And therefore, banks can and will take huge advantage of this new "stock" or "commodity" or whatever the label the BTC gets in various jurisdictions.

Have the fiat replaced entirely by BTC and you have a completely different story: a new society, almost impossible to imagine the implications of such a scenario. That's why I don't believe this will ever happen or if it happens, it would require a massive social movement, a global wide event to trigger the necessity and desire for this to happen. Very, very unlikely.
I don't think bitcoin can replace Fiat, at least in this century.
The simple reason is no country will allow that. And bitcoin don't need to replace Fiat, it would be good they are co-exist.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:13:14 AM

i think banks will create their own blockchain at some point in the future. this way they get all the benefits without dealing with bitcoin. also important is that they can still maintain full control of everything.
Troonetpt

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:20:44 AM

i think banks will create their own blockchain at some point in the future. this way they get all the benefits without dealing with bitcoin. also important is that they can still maintain full control of everything.
What the point?
If the Banks or government want to issue their own crypcurrence, ripple or steller like coin is much suit them, a totally centralized system.
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:24:56 AM

Hi evrybody,

Offer Bitcoin storage (vault) with insurance. Invest in Bitcoin startups. Bitcoin loanss. Tons of other applications that aren't possible with fiat. Plenty of opportunities.

In fact, for them it's the same as for anybody else. With cryptocurrency, banks no longer have a privileged elite position, they're essentially just companies with the same possibilities and limitations as any other company or person. So if others can earn with Bitcoin, so can banks. Sounds fair to me!

You can also save bitcoins in those banks and they can loan out. You can also have bitcoin credit (debit) cards. The fee could be lower.
rememberme

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 09:32:32 AM

Hi evrybody,

You can also save bitcoins in those banks and they can loan out. You can also have bitcoin credit (debit) cards. The fee could be lower.

And why would they want smaller fees, for "customer satisfaction?" lol

coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:46:44 AM

A bank-turned-exchange is something I could see myself using. If the rates are fair and they offer insurance, security, etc. I could see it very convenient to hold (at least some of) my funds there.

belmonty

Activity: 295

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:13:14 AM

Hi evrybody,

And why would they want smaller fees, for "customer satisfaction?" lol

The banks make a fortune from credit (debit) card fees and wire transfer fees. They will fight anything that jeopardizes that income, especially Bitcoin. That's the reason they are sometimes closing accounts with any  transfers from Bitcoin businesses or exchanges  without giving any reason. 
rememberme

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 10:14:22 AM

Damnit that sucks if that happens. Thats why BTC is better (no one can freeze your account)

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:19:45 AM

Damnit that sucks if that happens. Thats why BTC is better (no one can freeze your account)

Only who have the private keys can "freeze" it, how? By forgot the private key itself  Cheesy. If we are thinking that bitcoin can replace (kill) the actual economic system based with intermediary (banks) we should also think how to teach who don't have any knowledge on how to use a PC/device and related  wallet/client.

PS: remember who owns the private key owns the bitcoin!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: