Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:37:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So is anyone actually planning on 'buying' GTA V?  (Read 768 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 08:33:48 AM

So it's 4 days until the release date for Grand Theft Auto V PC, does anyone here actually plan on buying it? I don't know about you, but I think Rockstar have been getting incredibly arrogant lately about their treatment of PC players lately, there have been companies that have a rabid view of internet filesharing to the point that they're going entirely on consoles and I really wish now that Rockstar would fuck off and do the same. I'm obviously quite biased in this but I've been incredibly annoyed ever since games companies have essentially begun a backhanded war against PC gamers using tools like DRM to try and force people into accepting that their shitty systems are the way of the future ( Don't get me started on the Steam OS that Valve are pushing guys ) they really don't like people who would otherwise be supporting them if it weren't for their draconian methods.

Now it seems that they're resorting to even more underhanded tactics like pushing the PC release dates back for games or shoving even more DRM onto these games to the point that it breaks the game for players who actually paid for the games. I think my money is always definitely better spent on indie titles than dealing with these crappy companies anymore even if their games happen to be well made, though most times they are not, just because they're so expensive and for the price of a game made by a publisher or big company you can get 4 or 5 indie titles depending what you want.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:51:47 AM

Are you going to be "buying" it?

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 11:58:00 AM

No, what do you think? Cheesy Tongue
kevindurant

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:13:25 PM

Of course I will. I played in PS4 it's amazing.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:11:30 PM

I purchased it on the ps4, I don't see any reason why I would need it on the PC now. The mods are obviously good, but I wouldn't buy it just for the base game.
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:17:51 PM

Definitely.  I still haven't played the console version but the reviews are good. 

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:12:35 PM

It's a good game but I don't feel a real need to buy and play it.
There are other things that got my attention now(the last expansion on Starcraft2; soon Elsword, a shitty game that I don't know why I still play, will receive more updates and new max lvl; Killing Floor 2)

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:02:48 PM

No i will not buy but download it with torrents. there are already gta 5 torrents but without any crack. i will wait for crack. Grin
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:14:03 PM

I'm waiting to see the reviews and ensure its not a poor port. Assuming the gameplay is smooth, I will likely purchase it. Of course, trying to get it on discount if possible.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:41:04 PM

No i will not buy but download it with torrents. there are already gta 5 torrents but without any crack. i will wait for crack. Grin

rockstar games always come with a anti torrent and they either crash frequuently or stutter
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 07:28:37 PM

rockstar games always come with a anti torrent and they either crash frequuently or stutter

That's only at the beginning, after awhile they get very stable, wait two or so days after the release date before downloading, to play it safe wait for a week, pirates have been getting very good at cracking even the most rabid DRM, denuvo was a recent one and it was made by the same guys who made SecuROM. Even though it was tough, they managed to get through it after a week or so and it ran absolutely fine, it was pretty funny, because the media were boasting about how pirates hadn't cracked it yet, naturally, that smugness didn't last long Cheesy.
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 09:02:27 PM

Modders always bring games to their full potential. Developers only hurt themselves by excluding the mod community. If they had released the pc version along with the consoles I might have considered buying it, but it's been too long now, I will definitely wait for the cracked version of this one.

Rmcdermott927
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:45:31 PM

I just bought it.   It's downloading now.  Can't wait til the 14th!

cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 05:46:57 PM

I'll grab it once it's cheap on G2A, can't remember the last time I paid full price for any game..

Rmcdermott927
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:28:07 PM

I'll grab it once it's cheap on G2A, can't remember the last time I paid full price for any game..

I only paid .09

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: