Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [idea] Promote bitcoin on deviantart  (Read 1028 times)
Topazan (OP)

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:33:10 PM

I've had this idea for awhile now, and I wanted to see if there's any interest.

As you may know, deviantart.com is an online platform for posting user made art.  It's used by a variety of people, both amateur and professional.  A search of the forums here shows that at least a few bitcoiners are already on deviantart.

On DA, it's not unusual for fans of specific artists to pay for commissions.  Most of the time, these commissions are paid for by paypal or DA's internal 'points' system.  I believe that this is a good role for bitcoin to step into.  These transactions are entirely online.  Artists also trade art between themselves, so they would have the option to spend the bitcoin on more art in addition to cashing out.

My idea is to find a number of artists with a large number of subscribers, or "watchers" as they're called.  We offer to commission a piece from them on the condition that they when they post the finished piece to their gallery, they include in the description a pamphlet that we provide promoting bitcoin.  This pamphlet will then be seen by all their watchers, hopefully convincing a few to add bitcoin to the payment methods they are willing to accept.

This would be good not only because it would mean more business done in bitcoin, but also because it would promote bitcoin to entirely new demographics.

When I have a chance, I can put together a draft of an explanatory pamphlet we can use.  I've also been putting together a list of artists with a large number of watchers.

What do you think?  Think of it this way:  It wouldn't cost you anything.  You'd buy a commission from an artist, and get free advertising for bitcoin free.  Smiley

Save the last bitcoin for me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: