Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:44:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google search resaults  (Read 1349 times)
hazek (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 04:14:03 PM

I've been casually tracking the number of search results for "bitcoin" in google. Since I learned about it late February this year it has consistently hovered around 800k hits, while gaining a 100k and then losing a 100k or so across the time of a week. A few days ago it jumped to 1.7m hits but today it's only 750k again.

Any idea what's going on?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Horkabork

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 04:58:20 PM

Oh sorry that was me. I made 900,000 blogs about bitcoin and then was like "Nah. Too much effort." That, and now I'm all about my bitcoins-for-doughnut-cheeseburgers business. You'd pay a bitcoin for this, wouldn't you?

I can't believe nobody has thought of this before. I'm going to have this market cornered.

Actually, it's probably because Google tends to cull new "high traffic" search terms en masse, rather than one at a time to prevent people from using trial and error to brute force SEO optimization. There was probably 900k auto-generated sites from search engine optimization companies. They watch google traffic for new search terms that have a disproportionately low amount of pages for search traffic and then use those terms in generated pages to boost their client's websites. Google always tries to detect and remove that crap, so it's a cat and mouse game. Also, I'm pretty sure that sharks are involved somehow.

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
Anonymous

May 27, 2011, 05:02:40 PM

I think I am going to vomit.
ffe

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 05:12:53 PM

These come with double patties?
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 05:23:25 PM

Are you referring to this?: http://www.google.com/trends/viz?q=bitcoin&date=ytd&graph=weekly_img

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
Horkabork

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 05:40:01 PM

Yes, and we ring a bell every time you buy one. If you buy a bakers dozen, I sing a song about bitcoins and cheeseburgers a do a little dance. This is a major added value because, not to brag, but I have the voice of an angel and it is not uncommon to watch customers cry tears of joy while they eat and listen to my melodious soprano. I'm pretty lazy at dancing, though. It's the colostomy bag and ankle bracelet that really limit my dance moves.

Also there is a bitcoin tip jar, and jerk customers think it's really funny to pretend to put invisible bitcoins into it, like I already don't have enough problems with invisible things.

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
frycicle

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 06:12:00 PM

I am totally making one of these tonight. Will post results.

Buy Newegg Products with Bitcoin with 0% transaction fee! bitcoinredemption.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: