Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:45:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "THE LIST"  (Read 27345 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 06:45:15 AM

=snip=
 Besides, both Stolfi & Varoufakis are Economists (OK Yianis is first a Mathematician and he has my respect just for that); and they may don't want BTC to succeed; because this will render their job obsolete... Wink

You are talking about JorgeStolfi, right? His signature:

"Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success."

I think he is interested in Bitcoin's success.

spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 09:23:18 AM

I think he spends far too much time on this forum to be successful in any other field by this point.

I had a few debates with him after which I realised I was talking to a brick wall.

But I guess that was in the wall observer thread.....

Society doesn't scale.
macsga (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:52:17 AM

=snip=
 Besides, both Stolfi & Varoufakis are Economists (OK Yianis is first a Mathematician and he has my respect just for that); and they may don't want BTC to succeed; because this will render their job obsolete... Wink

You are talking about JorgeStolfi, right? His signature:

"Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success."

I think he is interested in Bitcoin's success.

Yes. I was referring to Jorge. I think too he's interested in BTC success (or failure for that matter). Not sure I can explain though, why he spends so much time in here.

@Spooderman:
I have the same feeling about him; I explained on the above post why I think this is happening.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 11:27:53 AM

I predict a new spam wave with the introduction of the "avatar campaign" maybe the unique valid solution is the "ignore function".

Unfortunately the "ignore" function is rather poor as you still see in your watchlist (or new replies to your post) the reply even if when you click on it the new post shows "this user is currently ignored" (i.e. it is like a known salesperson calling your phone where you can see that they are someone you don't want to talk to but you still had to be annoyed by your phone ringing in the first place).

I have prototyped with my own forum how to completely get rid of all ignored posters posts (so they don't even register at all) - hopefully maybe the new forum will do a better job of this (technically it isn't that hard to do).

Have you tried to propose your ignore function to theymos or contact the slickage team (for the new forum software version)? I agree with you, here the ignore function doesn't work properly so it cannot be called "ignore function".
macsga (OP)
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:53:51 PM

A nice list, but some of them like Lambchop are trolling from a new sock every week, so the list will need frequent updates.

As I wrote to him yesterday; "it takes 50 seconds to create a new account and only 5 seconds to add it to the list" Wink
I don't mind revising the list several times a day. Until he decides it's not worth it following the same tactics anymore. Smiley

spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 02:46:04 PM

so if 10 people have to add him to their lists, or take 5 seconds retrieving your updated list, then it's a draw, and if more people do, he wins?

Society doesn't scale.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:36:36 PM

so if 10 people have to add him to their lists, or take 5 seconds retrieving your updated list, then it's a draw, and if more people do, he wins?
Eventually if he will notice that less and less people are willing to talk and discuss, and how easy it is for people to ignore him he will give up on this I think. People like him do it for the lols so if no one will notice him it will be over.
macsga (OP)
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:03:16 AM

^And what's worse is that he's continuously right. That must really get the mods' goat

It's not that hard to update The List; all the new sockpuppets are now added (left only 1 out just for the lolz, can you notice which is it?). Grin

macsga (OP)
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:22:47 AM

Just for the story:

Topic: "THE LIST"  (Read 1876 times)
Created: 2015-04-10, 17:45:34

It doesn't seem like someone owns HALF the country here...  Grin

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:23:48 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 02:59:46 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

Just for the story:

Topic: "THE LIST"  (Read 1876 times)
Created: 2015-04-10, 17:45:34

It doesn't seem like someone owns HALF the country here...  Grin

Sig spammer Tongue

In all seriousness Angry This is really beginning to feel like harrassment. Having your own little *I don't wanna read it* shit list is one thing, but spamming it publically might be going too far. Actual well-meaning members could get hurt. I urge you to reconsider and lock this thread

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 10:04:23 PM

Well meaning members could get hurt.. what a joke.  No one is missing anything from those troll accounts.  Sometimes I'm curious and unhide one.. then I go wtf same thing over and over and over. 

Let's compare lists... I just put some in there that really have no added benefit to any discussion ever.

kwukduck
ElectricMucus
Cconvert2G36
Wandererfromthenorth
tarmi
MatTheCat
octaft
fonzie
wpalczynski
JorgeStolfi
exocytosis
sporket
screengrid
criptix
Anotherthing
Silverspoon
NotLambchop
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
fonsie
Ask Ken About Love
YourMother
TrollinU
Dump3er
TankHankerous
professor bitcorn
riiiiising
fat buddah
homo homini lupus
Warren Buffett
Warren Buffert
NotHatinJustTrollin
Arpeggio
thebityoda
Second-base
bitards
ChildPr0nzUsers
wolkirK
NoIgnore4u
JihadCoinz
weloveu
MomLambchop
NotLambchops-GayLover
whenmoon
deadcatagain
marshallplan
PunkAssBiotch
AnotherAccount?
NewbieJailIsBadMmkay?
They_mos4real
hugedumped
Sub200
cattery
VergeltungsLamb
gonedoggo
Etherrules
trelelel
IDGAF1
newbiejailnoplz
DidSomebodySayChildPr0nz?
ChinaMiners
lokijuyhtgrryryj
SilenceOfTheLamb
NotBuyingYourBags
ddcorn
Boooooooooring
BlatchMajorBitstaff
btcponzieeg
bitcointoda0
ButVentureCapitaaaaaaal
not10kyet
TulipMania Troll
DecentralizeAllThePosts!!
Shatoshi
investmentsd00d
DoYouEvenVCMoneyBro?
PayPerAccount(PPA)FTW
Shill1
Nahda
bullbearhh
sockeverywhere093
LEOCOIN_CEO
otherdarer
DoxThatTroll
widd
Everclear
Funeral Palor
jhgfdfghjgf
RWeItc
Gentle Ben
Grizzliest Adams
Blood Of The Lamb
addmetoTHELIST
Grizzly Adams has a posse
Ababab2
NewPoverty
HemostatX
Surrender, Dorothy!!1!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 01:19:54 AM

User kwukduck should definitely be on there too.
And my list doesn't include BlindMayorBitcorn.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
macsga (OP)
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 05:26:00 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 02:38:34 PM by macsga

User kwukduck should definitely be on there too.
And my list doesn't include BlindMayorBitcorn.

The Mayor has been quoting the trolls all the time (not to mention he was trolling more than them). He was rude, insulting and provocative to me and others. He had been warned and kept going. That's why he's on this list. I have the "3 out of 3" rule to add a person in there. If he/she is keeping at it, he/she qualifies.

@D05GTO:
Your list silences many "bears" which is not what this list has intention to do. For instance Dump3er, tarmi and others are in there. I'm checking now for missing parts from my list, but definitely you should revise IMHO.

Thanks for the help Smiley

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:09:33 AM

My list has hundreds. It includes mostly newbies that posted stupid things with condescending tones. It shows that they didn't spend 5 seconds researching anything.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:31:12 AM

I have different standards than op.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:26:30 AM

I ignore stupid people because they waste our time. I rarely indulge trolls because they are not cutting me in to their shilling.

macsga (OP)
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:03:08 AM

IMHO, it's far more complex to maintain a "generic" list than a personal one. That requires the ability to keep up with the "major" dogma which -in essence- doesn't exist. Newbie ban on the other hand, is not always a good strategy since you never know which is which (maybe a paid troll is after putting all those newbie accounts to ignore, because of his actions and force the community to slow down).

I try to maintain a strategy that follows the 3 out of 3 trolling posts (except it's 100% certain that the newbie is a sockpuppet). So far it works; and I have plenty of time updating it several times a day... Smiley

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 11:28:05 AM

Sounds like you should be an administrator.

Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:07:38 PM

macsga's ignore list should become the official bitcointalk ban list

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:14:57 PM

is kenr12 NLC?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: