Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:03:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's see if there are any forum members really trying to defend ad sig posting  (Read 409 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 03:49:51 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2015, 03:59:56 PM by CIYAM

So rules in this topic are simple.

If you have an ad-sig I delete your post - so if you are an ad-sig poster and want to defend ad-sig posting then you can simply create a brand new account with no ad-sig and post away.

BTW - a sig that is not part of any ad-sig campaign is generally not considered an "ad-sig" (for those who want to argue minutia) although that will very much depend upon any links that the sig might have.

The point of this topic?

I believe that ad-sig posters make posts to make money (and generally make very poor quality posts). For those that want to "prove" that they don't then simply "drop your ad-sig" (or create a new alt) and prove it.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
ivanovasmd

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:01:24 PM

My friends on the Philippines on one of the poorest places are making a living out of sig campaigns, if it wasn't for it they would be literally malnourished. Bitcoin saved their lives and improved their life quality a lot.

Sig campaigns are literally the most useful Bitcoin has ever been.
amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:02:11 PM

I believe that ad-sig posters make posts to make money
Everything is for money. No exceptions.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 04:22:40 PM

My own sig contains no link to any commercial website or any way I can actually obtain funds so to imply that is an "ad-sig" is stretching things to a rather ridiculous level (to be expected of trolls though).

Everything is for money? Then explain why I code?

(hint - what is "open source" really about)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 04:25:20 PM

Here is an interesting thing - now I am unable to hit the "quote" button on any of the posts above.

Why is that?

(it says the post is not there)

amaclin
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:25:35 PM

Everything is for money? Then explain why I code?
Perhaps you have enough money (earned in the past)? Or may be you wanna earn money by coding.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 04:26:46 PM

Then your statement "everything is for money" is clearly incorrect in my case.

(I'd quote you but the forum software is not allowing me to - which is kind of strange)

amaclin
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:31:11 PM

(I'd quote you but the forum software is not allowing me to - which is kind of strange)
I do not see any problems. May be this is a feature/bug for the owners of self-moderated topics?
Anyway you can use
Code:
[quote]text[/quote]
manually
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 04:33:19 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2015, 05:11:32 PM by CIYAM

Maybe this is a new bug - as I can't even see your post when I click on Watchlist (it is simply not showing up and complaining that the topic has "gone" if I hit the "quote" button).

I have never seen this before in self-moderated topics (and the topic is in my watchlist).

Perhaps it is related to the topic having being moved?

(I am well aware how to manually do "quotes" but interestingly now no replies are happening - so my guess is that something has gone "funny" with this topic or you all got immediately bored with it - if it is the latter then I'll lock it shortly)

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 05:25:20 PM

Well - interesting that I was unable to "quote" any posts nor see any of them from the Watchlist (and as no further posts have occurred then seemingly no-one else can see replies also).

If I was into conspiracy theories I would think that "ad-sig" mods had somehow accomplished this feat. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: