Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:47:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal wants to accept BTC now??  (Read 3554 times)
Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:03:04 PM

Why would someone use bitcoin through paypal, doesn't it have ridiculous fees? Something bitcoin was made to avoid.

Maybe for buyer's protection if Paypal can extract the coins from seller of goods. I wonder all the sellers who accept bitcoin would have to have fiat account as collateral.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 12:03:37 PM

Stop posting this shit, it's paypal trying to get on the Bitcoin hype train again, until you see actual options in their normal accounts for accepting Bitcoin stop posting this crap up everywhere.
Oscilson

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:09:08 PM

Stop posting this shit, it's paypal trying to get on the Bitcoin hype train again, until you see actual options in their normal accounts for accepting Bitcoin stop posting this crap up everywhere.

There is no bitcoin hype train at the moment. Paypal can hyper bitcoin to some extent to help its adoption.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 12:12:02 PM

There is no bitcoin hype train at the moment. Paypal can hyper bitcoin to some extent to help its adoption.

They're deliberately posting this crap up to try and sucker people like you in, of course there's hype for Bitcoin otherwise they wouldn't be pulling this shit every month of every week.
Oscilson

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:14:11 PM

They're deliberately posting this crap up to try and sucker people like you in, of course there's hype for Bitcoin otherwise they wouldn't be pulling this shit every month of every week.

I am in bitcoin not because of Paypal. Paypal is more established than bitcoin. Look at the price of bitcoin at the moment. I hope Paypal can help the adoption with its commercial power.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 12:30:20 PM

I am in bitcoin not because of Paypal. Paypal is more established than bitcoin. Look at the price of bitcoin at the moment. I hope Paypal can help the adoption with its commercial power.

How much are they paying you to say that? Look obviously Bitcoin is a smaller market because of how young it is but the way people are trying to hype this up on the board every time a news story is posted makes me suspicious.
brokenchair

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:01:40 PM

we want bitcoin to crash the paypal not to support it
if paypal accepting btc then btc is supporting them

Fuck yeah.  Paypal is the absolute worst, you get fees up the ass. 
Ebay is absolute garbage, you get fees and scammed up the ass. 
People complain about bitcoin, look at ebay's class action suit for sellers being scammed by ebay shit policy and support.
Screw paypal and ebay, create that openbazar shit or something already.

Paypal should and will die, it is expensive, offers dick in the way of protection, and was basically created to make ebay more money. 

I don't think it will die so fast, do you know what the people want? A simple and easy method of payment, and bitcoin is still not really "user-friendly" this is one of the various reasons why people don't join the bitcoin world. There are a lot of people that don't know how to use a computer (or surf on internet) and we want a mainstream adoption? How much years 'has' "this type of economic" (in comparison with cryptocurrency _ only 5-10 years).

I was not saying bitcoin is going to take over tomorrow.....just agreeing that paypal is absolute garbage and bitcoin is superior (to be fair I cant think of a payment method inferior to shitpal.)  Also ebay is the absolute worst service these days.

I fully agree. Everyone using Painpal (or even worse using Painpal to accept Bitcoin) must be considered an idiot. Bitcoin is superior in all aspects, most importantly staying in full control of your funds. Painpal will die.

However it's true that Bitcoin is not readily adopted by the masses because it is a new concept. But that will change with time. In fact, Bitcoin allows for even better usability than Painpal, because there is no registration / conversion overhead.[/u]

ya.ya.yo!

It is obvious that I'm thinking the same, why I'm here Grin? You should convince all your friend and relative to start use also bitcoin for their online/physical purchase, maybe with the use of a credit card like (advcash,neteller, etc..).

I jumped the gun on that and the one's I convinced are not happy lol (although one uses btc for gambling on occasion, but we won't go there.)

Keep this in mind, at my old job you would get a discount if you paid in full, and another one with an ach transfer.  People would constantly pay and full and use a credit card as opposed to the discount for the ach transfer due to getting rewards, that were greater than the  discount.  For bitcoin to be implemented to catch those crowds (the people that have money, or just the smarter general public) would have to give a discount that matches or is better than the money the customer saves.

Good for not needing cashier's checks or not having to wait for ach, but that is only if you already have bitcoin, or funds on an exchange to begin with. 
Bitcoin_BOy$

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

|| Web developer ||

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:07:48 PM

Yes Paypal accept Btc but not all  Roll Eyes , don't through this will take a long time and they will integrate it 70 % ,
the only motive is Bitcoin users if they made a number of profit for Paypal they might intergrate 100 %  Shocked .

Kind Of Respect ,
Bitcoin Boy .
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:18:23 PM

I heard this news already a few times but still nothing happens.
In a way, paypal and bitcoin are the competition, so there is no clear reason why paypal should accept bitcoin.
In my case, I cash out my BTC earnings to paypal through VirWoX and this works perfectly well, without any problem, so I don't care if paypal ever accept BTC or not.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:23:54 PM

Yes Paypal accept Btc but not all  Roll Eyes , don't through this will take a long time and they will integrate it 70 % ,
the only motive is Bitcoin users if they made a number of profit for Paypal they might intergrate 100 %  Shocked .

Kind Of Respect ,
Bitcoin Boy .

Fixed post:

Yes Paypal accept *recognized Btc but not all  Roll Eyes , don't through this will take a long time and they will integrate it 70 % ,

It should pass a lot of year (2-3) before paypal will start to use bitcoin.
xingming

Activity: 322

Writing to dispel society's myths.

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:24:09 PM

This seem not to be a very important news , why ? Bitcoin users could already bought Bitcoin with Paypal ,
and we didn't see till now any transaction pumping , also the price still dumping to the hell .

- Xing Ming.

Sarahiko

Activity: 772

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:33:35 PM

Its always on the news that paypal will accept bitcoin but nothing have materialize yet everything is just speculation but if that day comes it will change a lot.
abyrnes81

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:37:50 PM

This seem not to be a very important news , why ? Bitcoin users could already bought Bitcoin with Paypal ,
and we didn't see till now any transaction pumping , also the price still dumping to the hell .

- Xing Ming.

All the bitcoiners hope that a big player news will raise the price, but it seems that the positive news will not raise it anymore.The unique possibility is that a big investors (or a lot of big investors and speculator) will buy a lot of bitcoins (so they will create a 'pump').
xingming

Activity: 322

Writing to dispel society's myths.

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:44:04 PM

Nice , we are now wating those big investisors ? that will be suck , Bitcoin price now can't be
judge as i through , may anytime shut down , or increase a lot . but will say that Paypal
didn't ` ReLife ` Bitcoin !

- Xing Ming .

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:57:44 PM

I heard it many times..,
but still waiting and keep waiting for it... Sad
They made an advertisement months ago and they mentioned Bitcoin on it, so it has been in the works for at least 1+years.

Once I say "pay with BTC" in every ebay product, then I will call it a massive success.
abyrnes81

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:11:38 PM

Nice , we are now wating those big investisors ? that will be suck , Bitcoin price now can't be
judge as i through , may anytime shut down , or increase a lot . but will say that Paypal
didn't ` ReLife ` Bitcoin !

- Xing Ming .

They are the unique who can "pump" bitcoin, the news can't raise the price to 300-400 or 500 dollars. We should be realistic Wink. The paypal news will not raise the price (that's for sure) what is the real purpose of bitcoin "speculation" or "purchase" aka usage?
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:51:15 PM

From what I heard they are only accepting it for merchants, so you still can't use it everywhere yet(which is the main advantage of paypal) . Also I get a feeling its to save/manipulate the falling price of Bitcoin in the past few days.
Thats what they also did when the price went sub 400 last year. Their news made the price jump to 450.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:54:53 PM

I heard it many times..,

clear ...  Undecided
paypal have no balls ... even here credit card don't allow to spend the amount of account (bank credit only).
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:07:22 PM

I heard it many times..,

SEC filing sounds promising.

I want to deposit BTC and withdraw bitcoin direct into my paypal wallet, waiting to hear news like this as it will change everything!
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:13:00 PM

The best thing they could do is just go ahead and offer their customers to accept Bitcoin if they want to do so. Bitcoin is in dire need of services that protect the customers when they're paying for something using BTC.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: