Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:07:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The return of XC coin  (Read 832 times)
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:44:01 PM

Whatever happened to the scam coin XC?

I always suspected Dan Metcalf was a scammer, and once he cut of PoW with hardly any notice it was certain.

I always found it odd how it had this weird type of momentum for a while, I guess the followers were all sockpuppets.

I know it's old news, but I was just morbidly curious about its final resting place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
choochimil

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:55:57 AM

I'm sure it will be revived again. Any coin with steady volume over a long period is going to pump again so accumulators can cash out.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:30:40 PM

I'm sure it will be revived again. Any coin with steady volume over a long period is going to pump again so accumulators can cash out.

The last time I checked the volume was zero or close to it.
sniveling

Activity: 719

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:50:17 PM

The last thread says it moved to Slack, probably its easier to censor there.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.32900
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:28:07 PM

I've been in their Slack. The coin is dead, there was barely 5 people there the last time I went in. It was also an obvious scam from the start, and that scam was confirmed when the info leaked that Promotheus was illegally pumping/dumping the coin in cooperation with it's developer, Dan Metcalf(atsecure), which is what led to him to hosting another illegal IPO for his scam Blocknet, in an attempt to make more money of user's funds.

The same thing is going on with Darkcoin or Dash right now. The user named, masternode, who just happens to be the leader of the Darkcoin or Dash Foundation, and Otoh are working in cooperation with Evan Eddufield to pump/dump the coin as evident in all their posts(To which I've recorded). Eventually when these scammers go to jail or get sued/investigated for illegal pumps/dumps and illegaly selling securities, since Evan Eddufield has been the sole, main developer of Darkcoin, Dash, for a while, the whole cryptoscene would finally prosper.
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:49:58 AM

I've been in their Slack. The coin is dead, there was barely 5 people there the last time I went in. It was also an obvious scam from the start, and that scam was confirmed when the info leaked that Promotheus was illegally pumping/dumping the coin in cooperation with it's developer, Dan Metcalf(atsecure), which is what led to him to hosting another illegal IPO for his scam Blocknet, in an attempt to make more money of user's funds.

The same thing is going on with Darkcoin or Dash right now. The user named, masternode, who just happens to be the leader of the Darkcoin or Dash Foundation, and Otoh are working in cooperation with Evan Eddufield to pump/dump the coin as evident in all their posts(To which I've recorded). Eventually when these scammers go to jail or get sued/investigated for illegal pumps/dumps and illegaly selling securities, since Evan Eddufield has been the sole, main developer of Darkcoin, Dash, for a while, the whole cryptoscene would finally prosper.

I didn't want to mention the similarities between DASH/Darkcoin and XC here, as many people get very upset and to honest, I haven't got time to defend myself against a hoard of 15 year olds throwing their money away.

I do recall stating the fact that both XC and Darkcoin had similar characteristics back when XC was the next hot thing to own. They both have developer worship, they have limited technology or even unworkable technology touted as the next big thing, they have some type of scam/premine in their history.

I gave up last year trying to educate the Darkcoin people. I figure it's easier to watch it burn out and then say I told you so, much like I am doing with XC right now.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 07:11:17 PM

So happy i dumped XC for shadow, I was sucked into the XC hype i thought it could be the next big thing and if they had of delivered what they proposed it probably would of been.
but they didn't, it was a scam, lucky for me i found SDC, i thought it might get pumped and thought i could increase my XC by ridding the wave so i bought around 200k thinking it would pump but it didn't, then i saw what was happening there and that they had in fact delivered more then XC and the work was better and in less time, so kept the XC and the SDC should of dumped the remaining XC then and there and got more Shadow but didn't but still got most of what i bought around 90% so im laughing thanks to my desire for more of the scam coin XC i stumbled upon SDC a truly innovative project that i believe will be a Juggernaut of crypto one day.
Thanks Dan will think of you when i am wealthy and you are in jail Wink
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 09:22:41 PM

I didn't want to mention the similarities between DASH/Darkcoin and XC here, as many people get very upset and to honest, I haven't got time to defend myself against a hoard of 15 year olds throwing their money away.

I do recall stating the fact that both XC and Darkcoin had similar characteristics back when XC was the next hot thing to own. They both have developer worship, they have limited technology or even unworkable technology touted as the next big thing, they have some type of scam/premine in their history.

I gave up last year trying to educate the Darkcoin people. I figure it's easier to watch it burn out and then say I told you so, much like I am doing with XC right now.

Well at least Dark/DASH is open sourced. If xc was open sourced you'd see the fact that he would create a coin on one feature pump that coin then roll the tech into xc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: