Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:56:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Nigerian Scam writing competition [1 BTC]  (Read 7672 times)
da2ce7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 03:22:24 AM

I respectfully submit the document that can be found at this link:
http://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Creative, believable, and well written.

and not a scam.

One off NP-Hard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PLATO

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 04:21:13 AM

hey there -

I'm so sorry to send you with unsolicited email. I'm in an internet cafe in Amsterdam and someone left their gmail account logged in so I've emailed everyone from their contacts in the hope that someone can help me.  

I took some magic mushrooms for the first time last night, lost my mind, and lost everything - my glasses, my cell phone, my purse and my netbook. I'm all alone in the city and need to get back to Dresden by Monday night for my show.

when I called the cell someone answered it - he said he would sell me back the laptop in exchange for 75 euro. the good news - it's truecrypted with a wallet file containing about 400 bitcoins. The bad news - I have no backup.

In addition to the BTC I have personal photos on that laptop that I dont want to lose so I am willing to do basically anything to get it back. I don't have anything other than the clothes I'm wearing, but I found an exchanger a nearby who will sell me euros at 6 euro per bitcoin.

Can you help me? My bitcoin address is 1HarZpGdvhXj4iqKJc8GAKKyL85bqpv9p8. If you can send the whole 12.5 BTC I will be glad to reward you with 25 BTC when I get the laptop back as well as some photos. Even if you can spare just one coin you'll be helping me get home safe.

yours truly
mikayla

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
technowizard12

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 06:17:07 AM

Dearest Mr. Earnest,

I am a banker in South Africa. My company, Allied Investments, deals incredibly with large sums. I am representing a very large client interested in buying much sums of BitCoins. My client wishes to remain anonymity, and therefore is much interested in these moneys.

I propose to you a great opportunity for investment. My client would like to procure BitCoins from you today! It would greatly behoove you to become one of the many investors benefited by my firm. My wealthy client will pay you in currency of your choice at greatly better than market rates. Simply send as many BitCoins as you can (though, your sum must be over 100) to 1ELob8QtGMdHgVVCw5CRH9eXuBfYRHmc4u and your bank account information and passwords so that I may deposit your money on behalf of my client.

Keep in mind that this opportunity is only given once to you. If you do not respond within two days, I will give the chance to one of my many other investors.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 06:58:21 AM

Dear ____________,

As a well known public figure associated with Bitcoin development and well versed in the technical underpinnings of the software and its cryptological bases, I feel it important to advise you of a - to say the least - *highly unexpected* mathematical result which will be as disastrous to your project as to the mainstream banking community, whom I admit I feel no such urge to warn of their impending doom.

It is absolutely imperative to avoid precipitating a panic and also of course it is to Bitcoin's benefit that the centralised banking systems about to go down in flames not be forewarned of this amazing mathematical fact.

Because speed is of the essence, precompiled binaries of the bitcoin client and daemon have been prepared for all platforms, prehardened against this bizarre mathematical development, obtain them via secure server at https://securebitcoin.ng/

Due to the very obvious danger of attackers discovering this exploit by examining the source code, source code of course cannot be provided until all major nodes of the bitcoin network have safely made the transition to the fixed algorithms.

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ItsASpork

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 07:04:33 AM

Dear Sir

I am writing to you on behalf of the Libyan Technological Institute. We are number one technology research company in the world. We have recently created great supercomputer capable of 1.5Thash a second. Unfortunately, we are based in the grand city of Tripoli, and our assets have been seized by Ghadaffi and his thugs. We require a simple loan from you of 100BTC, sent to the address 1E9X4TQFYLN7JRHyUmkcZAsZ9FthvvpXNS. This will allow us to pay off several guards, and move our supercomputer to Europe. If you are so kind as to loan us the BTC, we offer you the profits of 10Ghash for the rest of your life.

You must act fast. Ghadaffi knows not of our computer yet, but every day the chance he discovers us grows. Once again, we beg you to send 100BTC to the address 1E9X4TQFYLN7JRHyUmkcZAsZ9FthvvpXNS.

Yours truly
--Hazif Thizizrael, Libyan Technological Institute

Feeling Generous? 16Zo6werKP4akoTfHc9P5XXBGS2jFqeuSt
Support the Bitcoin Faucet
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 07:15:31 AM

you have won 21M bitcoins,
to claim your prize

then take your btc and buy more, or gamble with what you have till you have atleast 2btc
gamble at any of these places
http://bit.ly/btctoss
http://bit.ly/flip4bits
http://bit.ly/coinbet
http://bit.ly/bitcoindarts
http://bit.ly/btckamikaze
http://bit.ly/btcbubble
then sign up at
http://bit.ly/randombtc
and
http://bit.ly/sldoubler

in a matter of days randombtc and sldoubler will be giving you millions of btc.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
Dobrodav

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 11:53:54 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2011, 12:15:41 PM by Dobrodav

----------------------------------------
Dear ______,

We know that you are interested in bitcoins, new piramide sheme, that looks so trustworthy.
If you a normal person, - we know you are, you was alredy asked yourself and your friends:
- Where is a trick behind bitcoins sheme?

We are group of independed, lets call it "attorneys", that was tied up with iniciative group of BTC developers from begining. We consult them on many very private and "delicate" topics.

We know ALL about BTC underlay.

Currently we are represented by

www.biteofjustice.org

on the internet.

At beging, they  fulfill the conditions of our deal clearly. Then, after some time (in december 13, 2010), that group decide to vanish, leaving us not fully paid. They was relied on their anonymity.

As experienced team, we expected this behavior and take our preparations behind their backs on this case. These  measures will result in full repay of their debts,  repay of frauded REAL money, deanonimisation of that group, lead them to bankruptcy, and  finaly - will put them in a jail for very long time.

In other words, we prepared pitfall for them.

Trap was designed to act in the moment, when damage caused by that "Satoshi" group, could be restored as much as possible.

And that time is NOW.

We recieving trigger signals, wright now, - when you read this.

-  Some Freenet hidden chats became active.
 -  Some realtors began to receive applications from people similar to those whose description we have give them.
 -  Some luxury cars was bought.
 -  Some old BTC is moving towards exit.
 -  And lots of others, that are more technical in nature, and therefore complex to describe in short letter.

Trap is cocked and starts to work. This message is part of it.

If you want to have a chance of regaining you money, put that group of scammers to justice
and finaly feel free of you doubts on "Bitcoin", first step that you should do -

Join us on:

www.biteofjustice.org

Register you self. If you REALLY want to put them in jail, provide us with some real informatuon about yourself. That is not necessary if you want just to regain your losses.

Other details are available on :

www.biteofjustice.org

Time for justice to bite them.

----------------------------------------------------------

Second part of scam includes "www.biteofjustice.org".
On that site users will be stuffed with concpiracy theories,
In some case, - lost their anonimity, virginity and their credit cards.
Main idea - They will be prompted to transfer their BTC
on "save" account of "attorneys" group with clarification that they will recieve
real money by method they choose (on  lower rate than MTGox rates).
If intended that site should work for some relativly long period, than mechanism of transactions
should REALLY work. Profit will come from differences in rates. Time to time site should  release
some fake "HOT" news about "Satoshi group".

Principal

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 10:07:44 PM

Dear friend, I am Prince. Crypto of Bitgeria, my family owns a mass Bitcoin mining business  and it turns out you are my long lost brother, I would like you to have all my bitcoins as a gift, I need to transfer them to your bitcoin account, I just need you to send me your BTC to confirm the offer, best regards brother.
-Crypto
I know its not that good but at least I tried.
da2ce7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 08:30:35 AM

hey there -

I'm so sorry to send you with unsolicited email. I'm in an internet cafe in Amsterdam and someone left their gmail account logged in so I've emailed everyone from their contacts in the hope that someone can help me.  

I took some magic mushrooms for the first time last night, lost my mind, and lost everything - my glasses, my cell phone, my purse and my netbook. I'm all alone in the city and need to get back to Dresden by Monday night for my show.

when I called the cell someone answered it - he said he would sell me back the laptop in exchange for 75 euro. the good news - it's truecrypted with a wallet file containing about 400 bitcoins. The bad news - I have no backup.

In addition to the BTC I have personal photos on that laptop that I dont want to lose so I am willing to do basically anything to get it back. I don't have anything other than the clothes I'm wearing, but I found an exchanger a nearby who will sell me euros at 6 euro per bitcoin.

Can you help me? My bitcoin address is 1HarZpGdvhXj4iqKJc8GAKKyL85bqpv9p8. If you can send the whole 12.5 BTC I will be glad to reward you with 25 BTC when I get the laptop back as well as some photos. Even if you can spare just one coin you'll be helping me get home safe.

yours truly
mikayla

Plato,  I like this one... I think that it is the most believable so far.

One off NP-Hard.
PLATO

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 09:06:39 AM

requesting a chick reading my entry on youtube

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 09:41:15 AM

hey there -

yours truly
mikayla

Well of course it is, it doesn't mention Nigeria! Wink

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
PLATO

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 09:50:27 AM

Quote from: da2ce7
best bitcoin Nigerian email style scam

mouser98

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 02:19:44 PM

hey there -

yours truly
mikayla

the part about "as well as some photos" is the clincher Smiley
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 02:49:41 PM

Just got an email which managed to defeat all the anti-spam bastions and thought : hey it might make me 1 BTC. Grammar and punctuation is preserved the only change is surname.

From: Mr. Fred B. A. 165 Avenue Ramco due Blvd. Lome - Togo Republic. Email: faga1981@yahoo.com Date: 28th of May, 2011 Greetings, This is very urgent & important message for you concerning the death of your late relative {Engr. M. S. Doe} that bears the same family name with you. Note,there a funds his funds he left behind {€19,500,000.00 Euros}. Please contact me at: faga1981@yahoo.com for more details with this information below: Your full name: Your email address: Phone number: Waiting for your reply immediately for more details at: faga1981@yahoo.com Mr. Fred.

-
mouser98

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 02:59:03 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2011, 03:19:27 PM by mouser98

edit:  too much like Plato's, and his is better
opticbit

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 11:14:45 PM

I set up a few referral links

Somehow I've entered the wrong address in the send field.

Now I know bitcoin is completely one time, and can't be undone; I'm going to have to accept the loss on the chin.  What I don't understand is how I've done it.  I can't find where I got the wrong address from.  It's never been used before in the block chain, I can't find it on Mt.Gox or Britcoin, in my wallet or via a Google Search.

It looks nothing like the right address, so it's not a typo.  I've thought and thought, and can't understand how I've done this.  I must have cut and paste it from somewhere, but I have no clue where.  I ask here only in case anyone else has done such a crazy thing but knows what they did.

At first I was going to blame mybitcoin; but my browser form history shows this unknown address in the mybitcoin send field; so it is without doubt my fault.  I just wish I knew how I'd done it.

(If you happen to have just received a magical .25 BTC from no one and felt like generously returning it to me, bit.ly/btcopticbit has my address in it)  I also cant find the txid.

AntiVigilante

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 01:29:14 AM

Contest parameters:
- The winner will be the most creative, believable, and well written.
- You are allowed to plagiarize.

This is a "no brainer".   All I need to do is to come up with Bitcoin related text that can convince tens of thousands of people to spend their hard-earned money on a promise of riches, with no track-record of results.

I respectfully submit the document that can be found at this link:
http://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Creative, believable, and well written.

Please send my winnings to the address below.

Go away. I bought diapers. The minute I buy a laptop, your argument is invalid, you're doing it wrong, and I doesn't afraid of anything.

Proposal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11541.msg162881#msg162881
Inception: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/296
Goal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12536.0
Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
AntiVigilante

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 04:37:01 AM

I love skype.

[4:11:13 PM] Dr. Allen William01: Dear Vigilante,

I have been in search of someone with this last name "Vigilante", so when I saw your name I was pushed to contact you and see how best we can assist each other. I am Dr. Allen  William, i am the regional manager of United Bank for Africa GHANA(UBA). I believe it is the wish of God for me to come across you on search now. I am having an important business discussion I wish to share with you which I believe will interest you because, it is in connection with your last name and you are going to benefit from it.

One Late Mr.Johnson Vigilante, a citizen of your country had a fixed deposit with my bank in 2006 for 36 calendar months, valued at US$18,400,000.00 (Eighteen Million, Four Hundred Thousand US Dollars) the due date for this deposit contract was this 16 of January 2009. Sadly Johnson was among the death victims in the May 26 2006 Earthquake disaster in Jawa, Indonesia that killed over 5,000 people. He was in Indonesia on a business trip and that was how he met his end.

My bank management is yet to know about his death, I knew about it because he was my friend and I am his account officer. Mr.Johnson did not mention any Next of Kin/ Heir when the account was opened, and Johnson was not married and no children. Last week my Bank Management requested that i should give instructions on what to do about his funds, if to renew the contract.

I know this will happen and that is why I have been looking for a means to handle the situation, because if my Bank Directors happens to know that Johnson is dead and do not have any Heir, they will take the funds for their personal use, so I don't want such to happen. That was why when I saw your last name I was happy and I am now seeking your co-operation to present you as Next of Kin/ Heir to the account, since you have the same last name with him and my bank head quarters will release the account to you. There is no risk involved; the transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law.

It is better that we claim the money, than allowing the Bank Directors to take it, they are rich already. I am not a greedy person, so I am suggesting we share the funds, 50/40% to both parties, and 10% for Expenses, my share will assist me to start my own company which has been my dream. Let me know your mind on this and please do treat this information as TOP SECRET. We shall go over the details once I receive your urgent response strictly through my personal email address. (allenwilliam15@gmail.com)

We can as well discuss this on phone; let me know when you will be available to speak with me on phone. Have a nice day and God bless.

Anticipating your communication.

Dr. Allen William
(allenwilliam15@gmail.com)
[10:19:55 PM] Anti Vigilante: i take bitcoins
Friday, May 20, 2011
[6:01:02 AM] Dr. Allen William01: hello
[6:01:31 AM] Dr. Allen William01: Please i need your mutual understanding can you provide me your email address so that i can send you more details about this transaction because i am a little bit busy in my office at the moment

Proposal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11541.msg162881#msg162881
Inception: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/296
Goal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12536.0
Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
opticbit

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 07:05:47 AM

Here's a good one, not sure if its a scam or true

I set up a btc cent dish (penny dish, like you see at the cash register)

Take a btc leave a btc anytime (0.01 or other small amount suggested)...

Someone (accidentally?) sent 6.04 btc to the bit penny dish http://bit.ly/btcdish

Then wrote to instawallet about the accident

Now instawallet is asking for those coins to be sent back.

Here is what I have found...

Instawallet is reporting a human error

6.04 BTC was somehow accidentally added to the dish.

It was taken hrs later

Do not send large sums of bitcoins unless you never want to see them again
Here is the addy of the dish
http://blockexplorer.com/a/2NuwvUdxKi
14KF98JRK9tEMM22eQU4URBPZykQgaNmHP

Supposed to be returned to
http://blockexplorer.com/address/1JU1RGvKiMXRTwPXseuDQY7JkPa7oU4X4Z
(Never used)
1JU1RGvKiMXRTwPXseuDQY7JkPa7oU4X4Z

6.04btc came from

1Brp55HPZv5uXF1kyD2XcmesEB1v6PFDP1
1B3gZ9pkFyxDfosWyb7ehc598BWzgY45wB
19mjD46utMWhCTtZJGz6N5VWVj3Nu6nNGt

http://blockexplorer.com/a/5WobCbEGsE
http://blockexplorer.com/a/5BDJrffWyv
http://blockexplorer.com/a/4eUHrDhKhk

6.04btc went to (one transaction)

17QjQTQMM4onJUq9Sv74vtA3cizqU78SEG 1.04btc
1NjiQ3cHbCjY4TmsgVgtBr9HVWRLeZvYtV 5btc
http://blockexplorer.com/a/3fXLdogXrq
http://blockexplorer.com/a/A34UWKefLc

The 5btc is still sitting there
The 1.04 was sent with a 12.95 transaction then 148.2 then 150.16 then 152.92 then 87 and sits at
1DQSdQLJnDyrRH4VMsmcuzsoDaV2pLAk2G
http://blockexplorer.com/a/6A4Z3Lfp9s
In just a few jumps back to wallets with 10K+ Btc transfers

The instawallet site has the request show up when you load the page
Not sure how instawallet verified this human error, and I'm not sure how to research this any further.

The btcdish link is posted mainly here, witcoin ad btcbubble
I will post in those places, and am contacting instawallet.

If you found 6.04 btc in the dish please return to the proper owner

If you are the right full owner
Sorry I didn't think this would happen.  I don't have 6btc to give you.

The wallet has gotten roughly 200 views

Hope your not trying to pull a scam.  I'll be back here when I hear from instawallet admin.

shady financier

Activity: 84

etcetera

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 09:22:55 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2011, 12:40:19 PM by ~~~~~

Dear sir

In the glory of god I thank you for reading this email, my late father Cheif Professor Doctor Director Emmanuel Odjomo of Oyo State Nigeria had told me when I was a child that were anything to befall him that I should seek the aid of a god-fearing and trustworthy individual such as yourself. I have been recommended by mutual friend in the Nigerian Minitstry for Energy that you are a god fearing and trustworthy individual such as I have been searching for, and so after long thought, prayer and reflection I have decided to approach you.

My father was Director at the Nigerian Ministry for Energy, and during the course of his time there he has accumilated many amount of money for the church because he was a devout Christian and wished to help the cause of Jesus Christ as much as it was his possibility to do so. Therefore he was able to make arrangements that certain payments of taxes should be put aside for the cause of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately my father Chief Professor Doctor Director Emmanual Odjomo was tragically gunned down by corrupt police in a car chase.

My father was able before he died to inform me of the monies that he had worked diligently to raise for the church, and which have now been placed in the Bank of Lagos in Nigeria. However due to the corruption of the police in Nigeria I am unable to ensure that this money will reach its intended recipients in an Christian Orphanage in Ibadan. My fathers friend in the Ministry of Energy has said to me that the best way to make this moneys available for the work of god is to buy bitcoins with it equal to the amount of Nira that I have, this way the moneys will be beyond the reach of the corrupt Nigerian police men and from there we would be able to pursue gods work in Jesus name. Of course you would be rewarded handsomely by a significant bonus in addition to the payment of money for these bitcoins, although as the money in total amounts only to 6 Hundred Million Nira (2,367,554.36 GBP or 3,863,490.32 USD) I hope that your kindness and faith in god will mean that you will be merciful and inconvenience yourself in order that the work of the church may be pursued fully and in Jesus name. 5000 bitcoin should be enough.

I throw myself upon your mercy as I am only a young girl that does not know enough about the affairs of financial matters and must trust that you as a god fearing person will not abandon me to my plight in facing my fathers many enemies in the corrupt police force, if I cannot exchange this holy money for bitcoins I will surely be arrested and imprisoned. All I ask for is that you can provide your bank details so that I can pay the money to you and be able to assist the Christian Orphanage in Ibadan, Nigeria. I hope that 6 Hundred Million Nira (2,367,554.36 GBP or 3,863,490.32 USD) worth of bitcoin will be enough for some building to fix the roof of the Orphanage as my understanding of money matters is not enough to make an accurate assessment of the necessary cost for such works and hope that you might perhaps advise me in this matter furthermore.

In the name of Jesus, God Bless You.
Mary Owulowo Odjomo, Daughter of the late Chief Professor Doctor Director Emmanuel Odjomo, former Director of the Ministry of Energy in Nigeria.

please provide your account details so that I can send the moneys in payment to you, and send the bitcoins to the value of (2,367,554.36 GBP or 3,863,490.32 USD) to:

1NaHLkjYMV6kK45Pep5uwH1rJgi4dyMR3U

1G8AUgSTAw8hfatNnDHuYEqBAUzC3qvAAL

Bitcoin news: http://thebitcoinsun.com/

Rapidlybuybitcoin here.

The value of goods, expressed in money, is called “price”, while the value of money, expressed in goods, is called “value”. C. Quigley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: