Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:33:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xapo - no fee for faucet  (Read 1150 times)
supraGTR (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:12:52 PM

I am creating a faucet and noticed why some faucets like motherfaucet, moonbitcoin and freebitcoin can pay more to users.

Looks like if you pay to users with the Xapo credit api you can do it via email ( if the user is Xapo user) or address (if user is non-xapo user).
Now Im trying to understand how faucets can pay more if they use Xapo.

Looks like if you pay to a Xapo user there is no fee because it's off blockchain. If you pay a non-Xapo user Xapo returns the miner fee to the faucet owner.

Does this make sense? Can anyone using them say if this is correct?
wasabtc

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 02:02:41 PM

I am creating a faucet and noticed why some faucets like motherfaucet, moonbitcoin and freebitcoin can pay more to users.

Looks like if you pay to users with the Xapo credit api you can do it via email ( if the user is Xapo user) or address (if user is non-xapo user).

Looks like if you pay to a Xapo user there is no fee because it's off blockchain. If you pay a non-Xapo user Xapo returns the miner fee to the faucet owner.

I guess they can pay more because Xapo pay them, it's like an advertisement, they are basically trying to get motherfaucet, moobitcoin or whatever users.
athan

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 05:37:23 PM

Yes, if you set up a Xapo faucet whether via the script (https://github.com/chipshotDEV/FaucetBuilder) or through the APIs (https://developers.xapo.com/api/#credit-api) there are no associated costs or fees, which allows for faucet owners to payout more to their users. The transactions are also much faster than alternatives; Xapo transactions are instantaneous and non-Xapo transactions are >24 hours.

Once you create the faucet, be sure to get your faucet on the Xapo faucet lists!
supraGTR (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:35:57 PM

Yes, if you set up a Xapo faucet whether via the script (https://github.com/chipshotDEV/FaucetBuilder) or through the APIs (https://developers.xapo.com/api/#credit-api) there are no associated costs or fees, which allows for faucet owners to payout more to their users. The transactions are also much faster than alternatives; Xapo transactions are instantaneous and non-Xapo transactions are >24 hours.

Once you create the faucet, be sure to get your faucet on the Xapo faucet lists!

OK i understand. But I'm asking if the fees I save from using Xapo is enough to do bigger pay to my users? I win 30 bits in Bitcoin Zebra now.

If miner fees Xapo returns me is ~55 bits every time I pay to an outside wallet this is money I can use for the user. I give him bigger payout, like Zebra gives 30 bits, and I keep 25 bits. Correct?  Huh
mari88

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:03:32 PM

yeah thats why my faucet is using instant payout to XAPO Wink

www.fand.de.vu
supraGTR (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:01:04 PM

www.fand.de.vu

mari88 can you share how many users use instant pay with xapo versus address? Is it significant?  Roll Eyes
athan

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:17:31 PM

www.fand.de.vu

mari88 can you share how many users use instant pay with xapo versus address? Is it significant?  Roll Eyes

I would be interested to know this as well  Smiley
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:44:05 AM

xapo is making all out effort to get in first of all, I used them before, there is no problem, except the phone verification, the main advantage of btc is anonymous, but the xapo is killing the advantage with verification...

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
wasabtc

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 10:54:58 PM

xapo is making all out effort to get in first of all, I used them before, there is no problem, except the phone verification, the main advantage of btc is anonymous, but the xapo is killing the advantage with verification...

That!
That's kinda ridiculous though, they don't even mention about the verification thingy until you make the account.
supraGTR (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 06:05:18 AM

That!
That's kinda ridiculous though, they don't even mention about the verification thingy until you make the account.

I think thats the case with most hosted wallet services no? For example, most exchanges and wallets i've signed up for require some sort of document to be able to use. I used blockchain.info before but they seem to be less reliable compared to ~1 yr ago.
hedgefun

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:34:00 PM

Pretty sure other wallet/storage services like Coinbase and BitGo make you put in a phone number as well, maybe at later stages in the account, but I think they still require it
Retired

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 05:36:27 PM

Pretty sure other wallet/storage services like Coinbase and BitGo make you put in a phone number as well, maybe at later stages in the account, but I think they still require it
Actually, you can also add it to Blockchain.info. Granted, it's not required, but still...
hedgefun

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:43:41 PM

Actually, you can also add it to Blockchain.info. Granted, it's not required, but still...

Yeah it seems to be tied to legitimacy; inputting the phone number allows you to buy and sell bitcoin for a bunch of these companies, I'm guessing its a regulations thing
goldkey0070

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:51:59 AM

Yeah it seems to be tied to legitimacy; inputting the phone number allows you to buy and sell bitcoin for a bunch of these companies, I'm guessing its a regulations thing
i have a xapo account and the phone is a must because it rings when you receive money and if someone tries to access your bank on a different ip it messages you to enter a number  so that ip can access your wallet for security. i love xapo
khawaja07

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 06:14:16 AM

That!

I think thats the case with most hosted wallet services no? For example, most exchanges and wallets i've signed up for require some sort of document to be able to use. I used blockchain.info before but they seem to be less reliable compared to ~1 yr ago.

That!

www.fand.de.vu

I would be interested to know this as well  Smiley

www.fand.de.vu

OK i understand. But I'm asking if the fees I save from using Xapo is enough to do bigger pay to my users? I win 30 bits in Bitcoin Zebra now.

If miner fees Xapo returns me is ~55 bits every time I pay to an outside wallet this is money I can use for the user. I give him bigger payout, like Zebra gives 30 bits, and I keep 25 bits. Correct?  Huh

I guess they can pay more because Xapo pay them, it's like an advertisement, they are basically trying to get motherfaucet, moobitcoin or whatever users.

i have a xapo account and the phone is a must because it rings when you receive money and if someone tries to access your bank on a different ip it messages you to enter a number  so that ip can access your wallet for security. i love xapo

guys i own a faucet rotator which is very cool i think..
you guys can submit your faucet url to me..my rotator has 100+ hits a day...

http://freebits.gq
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: