Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:03:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: transaction question-Please can you help with your knowledge  (Read 886 times)
Windycity53 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:14:27 PM

I am new to multibit. I have a question I would like to ask those of you with Superior knowledge. I have 3.88259207 BTC in the wallet. I need to send out 3. BTC. Can I do this without the problem of " Not enough funds in the wallet" problem? Thank you greatly. I think Multibit is wonderful and have found an excellent video on youtube on how to create wallets. Really helpful. Thanks again, for your time. I hope to meet some of you that frequent the forums. Possible some trading.  Thanks.BTC Huh
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:24:59 PM

Yes. You simply need to go to the 'send' tab, then enter the address you want to send to, enter 3.0 in the amount field (assuming you wish to send exactly 3 BTC, click on send and then enter your password (if you have one).

Multibit will automatically calculate the amount of the TX fee that it needs to include in order for the transaction to likely be quickly get confirmed (within ~1-3 blocks) by the network. If you happen to have a lot of very small inputs then there is a possibility that it will calculate that the required TX fee that it forces you to include is larger then the difference between what is unspent in your wallet and the amount you want to spend.

To my knowledge there is no way to turn off the automatic fee, so if you do not want to pay the fee they are trying to get you to pay then you should export your private keys from multibit and import them into a wallet that allows you to set a custom fee
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:26:20 PM

You may safely send 3 BTC out of 3.88259207 BTC. "Not enough funds in the wallet" shows when you dont have enough mining fee, but 0.88259207 BTC is more that.
Windycity53 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:29:49 PM

Thanks for your quick reply. I think I will send BTC to the exchange as they charge 1%. I was hoping you would be able to tell me the fee attached to the transaction. Is there any way I can find out the fee if I send from multibit? Thanks again, for the quick reply. Have a great night.
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:31:30 PM

Thanks for your quick reply. I think I will send BTC to the exchange as they charge 1%. I was hoping you would be able to tell me the fee attached to the transaction. Is there any way I can find out the fee if I send from multibit? Thanks again, for the quick reply. Have a great night.

I dont use MultiBit. But, do they charge 1% as Tx fee ? That's insane !!!
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:35:39 PM

According to multibit, their "HD" client charges 1,000 satoshi on each transaction, plus the tx fee (that goes to the miners). I am not exactly sure how the "client fee" works but I assume that it is something along the lines that multibit will have a third output to send the client fee to.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 12:51:51 AM

I haven't been paying attention to multibit for some time now. So, I didn't realize that there's additional 1,000 satoshi on each transaction that actually goes to the dev. Anyway, the version that I'm still using right now is 0.5.18, definitely not the HD version and usually the fee of 10000 will get deducted which is very much the standard Bitcoin transaction fee.

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 01:06:06 AM

YIKES!! Storing almost 4 BTC on multibit?? I've had so many issues with multibit, I wont trust much more than 0.1 on there. It's quick and easy to use, but I only use it for playing around money.

ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:33:24 AM

Shouldn't be a problem to sent 3 btc since you have 3.88 btc in your wallet.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 06:50:47 PM

Typically, it can range from 0.0002BTC to 0.0006BTC. Like Quickseller said, if it has lot of small inputs, the fee will increase.

1% he mentioned is exchange fee.

According to multibit, their "HD" client charges 1,000 satoshi on each transaction, plus the tx fee (that goes to the miners). I am not exactly sure how the "client fee" works but I assume that it is something along the lines that multibit will have a third output to send the client fee to.

1,000 satoshi for devs is on HD clients. For others, the fee is normal, 0.0001BTC/1000 bytes.

YIKES!! Storing almost 4 BTC on multibit?? I've had so many issues with multibit, I wont trust much more than 0.1 on there. It's quick and easy to use, but I only use it for playing around money.

Multibit is designed for noobs. There is no big(serious) problems in Multibit.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: