Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:12:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to buy bitcoins  (Read 2461 times)
CarLoverBabe (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 08:36:35 PM

Im after an easy way of buying bitcoins. im only after like £20 worth at the moment. How do i get them. most sites ive looked at take a while and look dodgy. Plus most of them only do USD. i need GBP.
lukcoin

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 08:43:51 PM

I think https://intersango.com/ Will do pounds haven't used it myself tho
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 09:11:16 PM

intersango.com will do just fine.

I have used them for many purchases of considerable amounts.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:45:19 AM

Im after an easy way of buying bitcoins. im only after like £20 worth at the moment. How do i get them. most sites ive looked at take a while and look dodgy. Plus most of them only do USD. i need GBP.

You can deposit cash (GBP) at Barclays for credit to your Mt. Gox account.  There is a pretty small fee , but it is one method.

You can also send cash (GBP) in the mail to Bitcoin Nordic (in Denmark):

- http://www.BitcoinNordic.com

And, or course, there may be  chance for a local trade:

- http://www.LocalBitcoins.com

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

eaheroux07

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:48:05 AM

I'm in the same boat...

Long story short, i created a Second Life account in an attempt to purchase linden dollars and exchange them for bitcoins, only to have my attempts at depositing lindens into a VirWox account thwarted by a risk block thingie because I am a new user.  Unless anyone knows of any other ways to get bitcoins using a credit or debit card, i must ask:  is there anyone out there who would be willing to trade BTC for my lindens?  I have no real desire to play Second Life. I will offer them at a discount. Hoping to hear back from someone very soon.

thanks a ton

Elise
<3
edar

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 08:43:05 AM

DONT USE MTGIX ...... ANOTHER SCAM SITE

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:42:58 AM

Bitcoinary.com if you're feeling dangerous Wink

i'll sell if you have DWOLLA, USA only

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Hfertig

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 10:58:20 AM

You could use bitmarket.eu. You then transfer the money by wire, but they are trading at a big premium. Intersango is good as well. Have not found a way to use credit cards.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 09:52:51 PM

i need GBP.

Blockchain.info just added the ability to use Barclay's Pingit to buy bitcoins:

- https://blockchain.info/wallet/deposit-pingit

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Lurk

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 10:23:46 PM

i also want to buy bitcoins
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 05:02:14 AM

i also want to buy bitcoins

Where are you?

(If you're unsure, look outside)
Perry

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 02:02:08 AM

Hey,
you seem to live in Britain.
So there is probably an OTC Exchanger around. They are easy and pretty cheap (5-8% Commission).

Good luck!

Perry

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 10:35:14 PM

i need GBP.

is that the fastest, easiest way for masses of people to buy bitcoins in the world now?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 11:10:01 PM

is that the fastest, easiest way for masses of people to buy bitcoins in the world now?

Well, for Barclay's customers In the UK., yes.  For small amounts, it might be the cheapest way too (3.5% fee, rather than a fixed amount like a bank transfer requires.)

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

mrmerlin25

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 02:35:04 PM

I used it today and it was fantastic! After having struggled for months getting BitCoins in the UK, tried UKash vouchers, OKPay, Mt, Sango, all of them worked, all the fast ways were huge rip off's and MtGox was the most reliable for me though always took a few days for GBP to hit my account and went through loads of various 24 hour lock outs or can't withdraw because password change, security features that made it especially frustrating not knowing or being warned about them. Overall I have a very poor impression of buying BTC in the UK especially after seeing how easy it can be in other country's and not understanding why in London which is normally so connected it was so hard!

Until this weekend when I found the new PingIt funding option of BlockChain.Info

My friend has a Barclay's account so I asked him to do a test for me of £16 (enough to buy 2 BTC) As the verification for the PingIt for me as a Non Barclays account holder who hadn't setup PingIt wasn't going to finish until Monday. These are my results which I posted in another thread, The summary all VERY positive, super excited about this method, took 7 hours to hit my BlockChain.Info wallet and that was with doing the PingIt at 5am on a Saturday morning.

Orig Post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102965.msg1212054#msg1212054

The £16 hit my BlockChain.info Wallet this afternoon from Barclay's PingIt app!

To convert GBP to BitCoin using PingIt I spent £16 and received 2.08 BTC or £ 7.69 per BTC. Looking at the trade history of MtGox GBP when the PingIt was sent around 5:30am the trade history between 3:30am and now nearly always traded at 7.69 or higher, only a few trades dipped down to 7.6 (about 9 trades) but the majority were all 7.69 or above peaking at 7.75 so overall a very good price for the BitCoins themselves. At the moment they are also not charging any fee.

The time was very fast, one of the fastest ways I have been able to electronically purchase BTC in the UK at such a good rate. Sent the money with PingIt at 5:35am and the BitCoins reached my wallet at 12:25 so under 7 hours on a Saturday early morning. This is also after the site wasn't working for many hours so I'm not sure if this made the time any slower because of a back log, I'm also not sure how automated the system is to know whether or not the fact it was such a weird time and day. I will be interested to do another transaction during normal working hours during the week and see if the turn around time is any faster.

Well done BlockChain.Info this is such a HUGE step forward for the UK I have struggled to get coins since I started and have been so jelous of the US and how easy it is to get BTC and get it fast.

I would still love to see a Dwolla/UKash/Voucher system roll out over here so that you can pop to a shop no more than a few miles away hand over GBP for a code that MtGox or another major exchange could simply take and give you funds to then put offers for coins on. When the UK hits that level I will be very pleased.

As I've seen stated by some other users before, the UK is lagging behind on this but the adoption is growing and once it catches on is going to be a huge market here. If I had the money to invest and fund a company that could roll out an infrastructure here I would in a second as it's growing fast here and is only a matter of months before this market has company's that are capitalising on this growth and unlike BlockChain.Info who have no real competitor to their PingIt funding method and yet aren't charging huge fee's and making a fortune as UK users will pay it as they have no choice!

Great job BlockChain.Info I look forward to seeing other UK entities step up and create solutions as fast and competitive! Anyone want to share with me what is holding back solutions such as the UKash style cash to a shop for a voucher redeemable for BitCoin Exchange funding. I would absolutely love to be a part of getting something like this going over here, even if on a small scale, targeting maybe just a few key central london/city shops.
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 04:36:42 PM

took 7 hours to hit my BlockChain.Info wallet and that was with doing the PingIt at 5am on a Saturday morning.

Thank you for trying our service. Payments no longer require manual approval and are now full automated. So now, no matter what time you order, the delay for receiving the coins should be only a few minutes (possibly as little as 30 seconds).

0% Fee will be available until the 24th, after which the fee will be set at the same rate as Mt. Gox (0.6%).

The president of U-kash spoke at the london bitcoin conference and stated that they will not allow bitcoin exchanges to accept U-kash. However they might instead be opening their own exchange.

mrmerlin25

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 05:13:01 PM

Thanks and I can confirm that the speed is super fast now. After the sucess of the first small £16 went through and was happy with the exchange given etc which I was.

I did a PingIt for £150 after watching the coin on a bit of a drop in the afternoon and waiting for it to reflect this on the BlockChain.Info PingIt and initiated the PingIt when it was at £7.61 and less than an hour later the nearly 20 BTC arrived. This is the exact sort of quick turn around time that the UK community has needed and that I have been trying to find! The fact that I can still watch the market and buy quickly at a time when I am happy with the rate is fantastic!

I know it's probably a bit out of the remit of what you had originally ever intended the site to do, but is there any thoughts of expanding this into more of an exchange type function where you could perhaps fund £ to a BlockChain.Info Voucher and then say instantly use the voucher say 3 weeks later if exchange for BTC were at a rate you wanted or more so, so that the likes of MtGox, and other Exchanges could begin to trade in BlockChain.Info Vouchers? That is the last bit of the puzzle missing for me now, I'm so happy I can instantly buy and fund BTC, now all I would love to be able to do is quickly fund to a Voucher recognised by BTC-E, or BitStamp or some other Exchange, and traded quickly to other E-Currency's as well.

As I said I understand this may be way beyond any functionality that you intended to develop but I thought it was worth asking? If not to full on vouchers what about some sort of queue to be able to say setup a PingIt funding if the rate hit's a certain level?

Thanks for the insight in to UKash, it doesn't surprise me at all that they wouldn't want to have UKash tied to BTC but interesting that they might be looking to use their existing infrastructure to roll out a separate scheme, which is fine with me. It again satisfies the other missing piece of the puzzle requested above.

Anyways fantastic work, any chance funding will come to the iPhone app? Would be so great to be able to start the PingIt from the app and then switch over to Barclays to finish it!
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 01:44:15 AM

The president of U-kash spoke at the london bitcoin conference and stated that they will not allow bitcoin exchanges to accept U-kash. However they might instead be opening their own exchange.

That should come as a surprise then to the exchange in Denmark where today you can purchase Bitcoins with UKash (through CashU).

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Elxiliath

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 02:46:49 AM

Can you use bitinstant.com somehow?  I know there service works fast and was reliable for me.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BL5cYJHSEvjPo19GQa3z7Z3cCEbBY9iCee
firstlady0524

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:15:42 AM

Virwox.com should work for you
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: