Poll
Question: How Should BFL Handle Shipment of the new ASIC Mining Hardware
First Come First Served
1/3 - 1/3 - 1/3 Plan
Randomly
Other

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ASIC Shipment Plan  (Read 13797 times)
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 08:40:59 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2012, 10:02:30 PM by cablepair

Quote from: BFL on June 27, 2012, 08:49:33 AM
Here's the policy clarification again:

http://www.butterflylabs.com/products/

The initial orders will be grouped into a batch prior to shipment.  This will ensure no one is an unfair beneficiary of disproportionate hashing power.  Having said this, we only have so much production capacity and the initial order group will still do very very well.  That being the case, here are the rules we will stick to in releasing these units.

1/3rd of the units will go in order priority of purchase date.
1/3rd of the units will go to trade in customers.
1/3rd of the units will go to random orders placed in the first month (6/23 - 7/23).

Both priority customers and trade in customers may benefit from random selection prior to their natural shipping order.

Refunds and charge backs:  All sales are final unless we fail to perform.  That includes both performance and shipping targets.  60 days past target and we'll happily refund your purchase.  If you would really like a refund anyway, just ask and we'll probably be able to take care of you.  Nonetheless, we reserve the right to handle it on a case by case basis.

Apparently this is the plan they have although there are still some details that need to be hammered out

1/3 - 1/3 - 1/3 plan
from what I understand this plan goes like this; they take the total amount of stock they have when they are ready to ship it and they break it down into thirds.
The first third is shipped in first come first served fashion
The second third is shipped to those who are doing trade ins
The third third is shipped to random people

A couple of questions need to be answered about this one, for example:

What happens if I fit into the priority category, and I also have trade ins? which category to I fall into?
How are the random people chosen?

One of BFL's threads states that Trade-In customers which fall in the 1/3 of natural priority will be served based on their natural priority (chronological)

So, the second 1/3 in the scheme assigned for Trade-In orders should be exclusive from the first 1/3, but have it's own group chronological order.

If nothing else at least this thread has this shipping plan in a place where it is easily found.

Feel free to discuss it, its a good opportunity to give your suggestions and feedback in one place about this shipping plan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 08:48:43 PM

Welcome to the BFL Customers Anonymous Meeting,
First Come First Served
well this one is pretty simple to understand, orders are shipped in chronological order based on order date

Win.

There is a reason businesses work this way. Imagine if I ordered a book off Amazon and they said I was unlucky and would be waiting another month.

dip
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 08:59:22 PM

First come first served

The "trade-ups" should also be queued the same way.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
streblo

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 09:18:17 PM

BFL has stated the ASIC units will be shipped according to the 1/3rd-style plan. Although I am all for FIFO.

The other thread was discussing if BFL should wait to ship units, thus shipping them out as a large batch, rather than a smooth delivery as they are made.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 09:30:09 PM

BFL has stated the ASIC units will be shipped according to the 1/3rd-style plan. Although I am all for FIFO.

The other thread was discussing if BFL should wait to ship units, thus shipping them out as a large batch, rather than a smooth delivery as they are made.

I understand the 1/3rd plan is what they were discussing most recently however they have not made any kind of official statement or promise on how they are going to do it and they have not hammered out most of the details.

That is why I created this thread/poll to get them to finalize things and give us an official statement of how they are going to do it, and also give a venue where customers can voice their opinions and offer suggestions on the best way to do this.
streblo

Activity: 165

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 09:50:06 PM

The initial orders will be grouped into a batch prior to shipment.  This will ensure no one is an unfair beneficiary of disproportionate hashing power.  Having said this, we only have so much production capacity and the initial order group will still do very very well.  That being the case, here are the rules we will stick to in releasing these units.

1/3rd of the units will go to random orders placed in the first month (6/23 - 7/23).

Both priority customers and trade in customers may benefit from random selection prior to their natural shipping order.

Refunds and charge backs:  All sales are final unless we fail to perform.  That includes both performance and shipping targets.  60 days past target and we'll happily refund your purchase.  If you would really like a refund anyway, just ask and we'll probably be able to take care of you.  Nonetheless, we reserve the right to handle it on a case by case basis.
ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 09:53:16 PM

See no point to this thread to be honest, if you bothered to read other posts, then you would have enough information.
nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 09:56:21 PM

What happens if I fit into the priority category, and I also have trade ins? which category to I fall into?

One of BFL's threads states that Trade-In customers which fall in the 1/3 of natural priority will be served based on their natural priority (chronological)

So, the second 1/3 in the scheme assigned for Trade-In orders should be exclusive from the first 1/3, but have it's own group chronological order.

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 09:57:42 PM

The initial orders will be grouped into a batch prior to shipment.  This will ensure no one is an unfair beneficiary of disproportionate hashing power.  Having said this, we only have so much production capacity and the initial order group will still do very very well.  That being the case, here are the rules we will stick to in releasing these units.

Refunds and charge backs:  All sales are final unless we fail to perform.  That includes both performance and shipping targets.  60 days past target and we'll happily refund your purchase.  If you would really like a refund anyway, just ask and we'll probably be able to take care of you.  Nonetheless, we reserve the right to handle it on a case by case basis.

Thank you for that, not sure why they show that URL with /products/ there is nothing about this policy on that page or any other page I can find.

It would be nice if things like this were on the website, I tried to have a conversation with BFL-Josh today but I think he went afk before he could answer my questions.

oh and by the way ice-chill your still on my ignore list and I still dont give a crap about anything you have to say.

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 10:04:04 PM

thanks for the info I added it to the OP

streblo I also added your info and changed the post - I appreciate you taking the time to fill me in on this

if nothing else this thread at least puts all this information in one place, I am sure enough people care about when they are getting their ASIC's for this to warrant its own thread so they can easily find out how the shipments are being made.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:12:09 PM

I just realized that the 1/3 plan is missing a 4th element:  Those of us who converted backlogged orders of prior-gen units to ASIC units.  Where do we fall?
freeAgent

Activity: 240

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:21:20 PM

I voted for FIFO.  If BFL thinks that they won't be able to meet all preorders in October, then they should adjust the ship date on new orders coming in.  It isn't fair to people if they preorder expecting delivery in October, delivery begins in October, and they don't receive their order until, say, January.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:54:22 AM

1) The 1/3 - 1/3 - 1/3 plan only affects the initial batch of shipments. After that, it will be a FCFS order.

2) I can't believe you had the balls to create this thread, as you are a competing vendor of BTC mining equipment! You're openly questioning a competitors business practices! And a competitor that has promised a better product than yours, on top of that.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
davidspitzer

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 03:49:23 PM

Here is my proposed shipping plan:

Each person gets six Jalapeno’s, except for the Person on the BFL’s right, who gets seven. The second person gets an additional SC, except on Tuesdays, in which case they get a "half-SC.  The third Mini-Rig is a "shralk" and is grounds for disqualification. With two Orders, one wants an SC and a Jalepeno, except at night, when one wants a Mini-Rig and Raspberry Pi.

If the buyer orders 3 SC’s and a Jalapeno, the buyer would get another unit, except when it's dark, in which case he'd have to give it back. The top order is a "royal Miner," but the odds of getting one are "astronomical" and truthfully I have never computed them.

Paying with Paypal is called a "kronk" and means that shipment will happen after the last full moon following the summer solstice during even numbered years.
BFL

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 04:16:48 PM

Each person gets six Jalapeno’s, except for the Person on the BFL’s right, who gets seven. The second person gets an additional SC, except on Tuesdays, in which case they get a "half-SC.  The third Mini-Rig is a "shralk" and is grounds for disqualification. With two Orders, one wants an SC and a Jalepeno, except at night, when one wants a Mini-Rig and Raspberry Pi.

If the buyer orders 3 SC’s and a Jalapeno, the buyer would get another unit, except when it's dark, in which case he'd have to give it back. The top order is a "royal Miner," but the odds of getting one are "astronomical" and truthfully I have never computed them.

Paying with Paypal is called a "kronk" and means that shipment will happen after the last full moon following the summer solstice during even numbered years.

Smiley    (10 points for Mr Spitzer)

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 05:09:58 PM

Great Star-Trek reference.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 05:26:42 PM

1) The 1/3 - 1/3 - 1/3 plan only affects the initial batch of shipments. After that, it will be a FCFS order.

2) I can't believe you had the balls to create this thread, as you are a competing vendor of BTC mining equipment! You're openly questioning a competitors business practices! And a competitor that has promised a better product than yours, on top of that.

I am a customer of BFL, why would I not care about this?

I have 10 BFL singles that I purchased before I ever started BTCFPGA, why would I not convert them to SC singles? It would be foolish not to, don't you think?

I am not questioning their business practices here I think its a very legitimate thing to want a clear answer on this, the release of these mining units could effect Bitcoin in very dramatic ways and Bitcoin is something I have invested the last two years of my life into. To me this is serious business, not some kind of bullshit attempt to make them look bad.

and Yes I have balls thanks.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 05:29:02 PM

I am a customer of BFL, why would I not care about this?

I have 10 BFL singles that I purchased before I ever started BTCFPGA, why would I not convert them to SC singles? It would be foolish not to, don't you think?

I am not questioning their business practices here I think its a very legitimate thing to want a clear answer on this, the release of these mining units could effect Bitcoin in very dramatic ways and Bitcoin is something I have invested the last two years of my life into. To me this is serious business, not some kind of bullshit attempt to make them look bad.

and Yes I have balls thanks.

Apologies, as I did not realize you were also a customer.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 05:31:52 PM

Its ok, no problem. Smiley

hamdi

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 05:32:59 PM

you won´t need that BFL stuff... the hashing algo will change so that all sha-256 speacialized hardware is useless!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: