Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:20:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Pirate, it's Monday....WHERE ARE MY BITCOINS ?  (Read 33156 times)
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 06:52:11 AM

Bitlane, no one has a problem with you. Relax. The community wont turn on you. You are a victim in my eyes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 07:00:42 AM

How about not playing the fool, and waiting for the payouts? He said a week or 2, it's been 2-3 days.

Where did he say that? What exactly did he say?

Still talking smack but too cowardly to put your money where your mouth is I see.   Come on big man, there's a free 250BTC waiting for you over in Matthew's thread.  How can you possibly lose, right?

Until you actually show a little backbone, shut up with your nonsense.

Answer my question.

But if you want me so badly to bet, I'll do it. I don't qualify, but if Matthew takes it anyway …

Where is that bet thread? I don't remember the conditions. Was that the bet where no bitcoins are moved until after the bet is decided?

Matthew, if you read this, please explain to me why you are offering this bet, although it is becoming more obvious day after day that you will lose it. What are your intentions? Are you planning to drop out and disappear if you lose?
anfedorov

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 07:37:37 AM

Pirate may choose to pay him at the very last minute, while everyone else may be paid out tomorrow.

I find my self wondering more an more whether bitlane and pirateat40 are sock puppets of the same guy.  First bitlane for no real good reason causes a supposed run on pirate's operation forcing him to shut it down.  Next he provides a convenient excuse for pirate to make himself scares due to what appear to be fairly blatant threats.  These two things are actually pretty useful at the end of a Ponzi.  Just say'in.

I found myself wondering the exact same thing as I was reading the original post. To put it bluntly, bitlane is acting way too dumb for someone who supposedly has $25k to throw around on adventures like this. If I were pulling off a scam of this proportion (I heard pirate had 500k BTC?), I'd definitely have quite a few sock puppets set up to cause as much doubt/confusion, false hope, and general trolling as possible starting right about now. The scammer would definitely want to be in control of the dialogue.

Also, if it's a ~$5 million scam, I imagine he's preparing for more than a few private investigators (and perhaps even law enforcement) to start looking for him, so I imagine he's put quite a bit of effort into making sure he's as anonymous as possible, setting up false trails, etc.

gpumax.com, which is linked from his profile, is registered to:

Don Shrents
5100 Eldorado Pkwy
Mckinney, Texas 75070

Which seems to be a fake name at a strip mall (http://goo.gl/maps/i3iPA). Why would someone register a domain under a fake name instead of just anonymizing it like most people do? Maybe he wanted to save a few $, or maybe he wanted to remain anonymous in case of a legal inquiry with the registrar.

Several of his investors claim to know his "his name, birthdate, current city, and a previous city he lived in", saying it's "publicly available to anyone who cares enough to thoroughly research it" (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.400). I'm no PI, but I found nothing of the sort, and I imagine I'm not the only one who was curious. If this is a scam, I'd hypothesize they are puppets, as well.

His OTC ratings might be a good place to figure out how "real" he is, also... would any of the people who claimed to trade with him over PayPal be willing to reveal the email he used? Are they real people, or part of the ruse?

I definitely don't have the time/skills to dive deeply into this, but it does make me wish I'd decided to be an investigative reporter Smiley
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 07:41:58 AM

Pirate may choose to pay him at the very last minute, while everyone else may be paid out tomorrow.

I find my self wondering more an more whether bitlane and pirateat40 are sock puppets of the same guy.  First bitlane for no real good reason causes a supposed run on pirate's operation forcing him to shut it down.  Next he provides a convenient excuse for pirate to make himself scares due to what appear to be fairly blatant threats.  These two things are actually pretty useful at the end of a Ponzi.  Just say'in.

I found myself wondering the exact same thing as I was reading the original post. To put it bluntly, bitlane is acting way too dumb for someone who supposedly has $25k to throw around on adventures like this. If I were pulling off a scam of this proportion (I heard pirate had 500k BTC?), I'd definitely have quite a few sock puppets set up to cause as much doubt/confusion, false hope, and general trolling as possible starting right about now. The scammer would definitely want to be in control of the dialogue.

Also, if it's a ~$5 million scam, I imagine he's preparing for more than a few private investigators (and perhaps even law enforcement) to start looking for him, so I imagine he's put quite a bit of effort into making sure he's as anonymous as possible, setting up false trails, etc.

gpumax.com, which is linked from his profile, is registered to:

Don Shrents
5100 Eldorado Pkwy
Mckinney, Texas 75070

Which seems to be a fake name at a strip mall (http://goo.gl/maps/i3iPA). Why would someone register a domain under a fake name instead of just anonymizing it like most people do? Maybe he wanted to save a few $, or maybe he wanted to remain anonymous in case of a legal inquiry with the registrar.

Several of his investors claim to know his "his name, birthdate, current city, and a previous city he lived in", saying it's "publicly available to anyone who cares enough to thoroughly research it" (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.400). I'm no PI, but I found nothing of the sort, and I imagine I'm not the only one who was curious. If this is a scam, I'd hypothesize they are puppets, as well.

His OTC ratings might be a good place to figure out how "real" he is, also... would any of the people who claimed to trade with him over PayPal be willing to reveal the email he used? Are they real people, or part of the ruse?

I definitely don't have the time/skills to dive deeply into this, but it does make me wish I'd decided to be an investigative reporter Smiley
how deep does the rabbit hole go?

I would bet OBAMA planned this somehow!

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Smoovious

Activity: 504

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 07:53:50 AM

He'd blame it on Bush anyways...

-- Smoov
Definit

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 08:08:20 AM

can't wait till the market takes dump #2.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 08:14:29 AM

pirateat40 is a daytrader, he needs a low price to buy back all the coins. at the moment he has not enough coins but fiat money.

Definit

Activity: 357

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 08:16:56 AM

me too  Shocked
Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 08:21:44 AM

pirateat40 is a daytrader, he needs a low price to buy back all the coins. at the moment he has not enough coins but fiat money.

The market will do exactly the opposite of what he wants. Watch.

-
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 08:23:14 AM

You dont know that, and its very unlikely. But if indeed Pirate doesnt have most of the coins he owes, he and his investors are in deep trouble. Good luck trying to buy 10s or 100s of 1000s of coins without BTC exchange rate shooting through the roof.

Moreover, whatever pirate is doing, and assuming its not a ponzi/scam, if he needs to trade btc for $ or vice versa, it would be in his interest not to say if he is long or short on coins and in fact give the opposite impression. Just saying he needs to buy 100K BTC would cause a huge price increase. Likewise, if he plans to sell out, he would most likely say or imply the opposite to ensure a better price for his coins.

To think Pirate is just showing you his cards is naive, or assuming Pirate is naive.

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 08:35:18 AM

You dont know that, and its very unlikely.

I was on IRC and his manner is like a typical daytrader which think he found out the holy grail of trading. I assume it is very likely he is a daytrader with a forex history.

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 08:44:45 AM

You dont know that, and its very unlikely. But if indeed Pirate doesnt have most of the coins he owes, he and his investors are in deep trouble. Good luck trying to buy 10s or 100s of 1000s of coins without BTC exchange rate shooting through the roof.

Moreover, whatever pirate is doing, and assuming its not a ponzi/scam, if he needs to trade btc for $ or vice versa, it would be in his interest not to say if he is long or short on coins and in fact give the opposite impression. Just saying he needs to buy 100K BTC would cause a huge price increase. Likewise, if he plans to sell out, he would most likely say or imply the opposite to ensure a better price for his coins.

To think Pirate is just showing you his cards is naive, or assuming Pirate is naive.

He's either a little short or very short. But he's delaying his payments and increasing his debt to the tune of 7% a week. "A little short" considering the total amount is most likely still in the thousands or tens of thousands. Whether he plans to make this money mainly through trading, or through GPUmax or though other businesses, or though a combination of things, remains to be seen. Looking at the valuation graph I'd say he's trying to play the market, but too many people are looking to load up coins. We will see where this is going within 10 days tops.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
anfedorov

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 08:47:30 AM

He'd blame it on Bush anyways...

-- Smoov

That's stupid. It's a multi-million dollar ponzi scheme, not a middle eastern revolution Smiley
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 08:59:13 AM

Hope you get your BTC back.
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:00:59 AM

That's a good call.
But, "Trendon Shavers" seems a likely figure to be pirate, and the photos we have of him (via facebook) match the one from vegas.

Could very well be fake but usually when I come up with a fake ID I don't give it a criminal record for check fraud.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:07:40 AM

Whether he plans to make this money mainly through trading, or through GPUmax or though other businesses, or though a combination of things, remains to be seen.

At this point another major way would be to buy back his own devalued debt: FOO.PPPPT "bonds" are on sale at less than 50% of nominal price, and many PPT holders are selling at a discount (which will grow by the hour as the panic level rises).
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 09:12:12 AM

You dont know that, and its very unlikely.

I was on IRC and his manner is like a typical daytrader which think he found out the holy grail of trading. I assume it is very likely he is a daytrader with a forex history.

I can also imagine where the figure 7 (percent interest) are coming form. In forex it is possible to earn 1-2% daily interest if you are a very good daytrader. Let us assume he will pay out a interest of 1% per day. Then it is not 5% a week like in forex (So/Mo to Fr), it is 7% a week with bitcoin (Mo to So).

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:14:49 AM

Whether he plans to make this money mainly through trading, or through GPUmax or though other businesses, or though a combination of things, remains to be seen.

At this point another major way would be to buy back his own devalued debt: FOO.PPPPT "bonds" are on sale at less than 50% of nominal price, and many PPT holders are selling at a discount (which will grow by the hour as the panic level rises).

I'm not into that market but wouldn't he need BTC to pull that out?

That would be an scheme to make more profit, in case he had enough coins already to pay his debt. If that's the case, props to him.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:15:31 AM

In forex it is possible to earn 1-2% daily interest if you are a very good daytrader.

That is a myth perpetuated to lure in fresh meat that is required to feed the brokers. (coz those who were lured in earlier are chewed and thrown out by now).

-
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 09:17:14 AM

He has much more incentive to sell his debt than to buy it.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: