Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:39:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Pirate, it's Monday....WHERE ARE MY BITCOINS ?  (Read 33156 times)
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:10:09 PM

I think the bottleneck in this process is the market prices, no? 

DING DING DING!!!!

Someone finally gets it..

The panic didnt go as well as planned..   

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:12:52 PM

Bitlane, if he defaults and you are looking to find him, my first suggestion would be to investigate Somalia, lots of work for a pirate there.
hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:17:43 PM

From his original announcement:

So now what?
I’ve spoken with my clients over the last week and come to an agreement that would allow me to close down my operation within a week.  Currently my reserve (operating wallets) are drained from fulfilling the withdraw spree that happened after the rate drop announcement.  All withdraws at this point will be delayed until Monday when the shutdown process begins..  

At this point I will no longer accept deposits.  Any coins sent into the system as of now will be returned immediately.

When will I get my coins?
Starting Monday I’ll begin systematically closing and withdrawing accounts as coins are transferred.  I don't expect the entire process to last longer than a week. The moment your account is closed you’ll receive your coins plus any interest accrued up to the hour it was sent.

That sounds quite different. The Monday in his announcements has already passed. His announcement says in a somewhat cloudy way that withdraws would begin on Monday (day before yesterday) and would be spread out over this week. So, according to his words, the last payment could be delayed until the coming Sunday.

This should indicate that something is wrong, as there has been no payment whatsoever, just as predicted by several people here, including myself. Of course some will still hope that he suddenly begins to pay, and some will keep hoping that until Sunday and even later.

My personal stance is that I never believed anything the pirate said, but he will still be measured by his words.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:18:26 PM

Looking at chart, most of volume was in 13-10$ range during the dump. It is reasonable to assume that if our miracle worker indeed has dumped lots of BTC at "high prices" his average would be at best about 12$

-
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:22:49 PM

Looking at chart, most of volume was in 13-10$ range during the dump. It is reasonable to assume that if our miracle worker indeed has dumped lots of BTC at "high prices" his average would be at best about 12$

Ok.. continue your train of thought please..

If he's legit, he has to buy back..

So.. at an average of 12 say..  he would need it to sink a bit further to truly gain any ground when rebuying.. depending on liquidity..

What are your thoughts?

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:22:57 PM

First, your scenario can't avoid a technical default, since he already *has* technically defaulted.
Agreed. Pirate actually defaulted on Monday.

But in the terms of his bet with Vandroiy he has two weeks grace. And in the terms of Matthew's bet he has three weeks grace.

I can't wait to see how the "terms" of those bets will morph.

i smell big trouble...

Now imagine Atlas would have been the one making Matt's bet. (cue changing of the bet terms every 30 seconds)

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:11:52 PM

Bitlane, if he defaults and you are looking to find him, my first suggestion would be to investigate Somalia, lots of work for a pirate there.

Somalian Pirates We~!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1_NpLKnWLU
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 01:54:45 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2012, 02:05:27 AM by Vladimir

Somalian Pirates We~!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1_NpLKnWLU

back at ya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=249RL82kjP4

this too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTMRJUH1FdA

-
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 02:44:26 AM

I think the bottleneck in this process is the market prices, no? 

DING DING DING!!!!
Someone finally gets it..

It's also possible he's expecting the price to go back up before he can dump again and buy cheaper. It's obvious he doesn't have enough coins to pay everyone back right now, and I'll bet he caught a ton of coins @ $8, but it wasn't enough.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: