Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:27:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Proxy?  (Read 1334 times)
MegaFall (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:13:46 AM

Is there any software out there that I can set-up on a remote server and point miners to that will then point to another pool? Basically creating a sub-pool which I can point where ever I want. It would also need to let me grab the total number of shares submitted (per user), so I can drop that info into a database.

I would set-up my own pool but I can't afford to rent a server with that much processing power, just something that can handle seeing the data and forwarding it (at least I'm thinking running a proxy would be lighter weight).

Also looking for it to support SHA, Scrypt and X11.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 03:56:09 AM

It wouldn't have all the features you want (number of shares submitted) but you could set something like this up with MiningRigRentals. Sign up, and input your pool mining information, then point your miners to the MRR proxy. It's easy to change pool credentials on Mining Rig Rentals afterwards at any time.

Usually MRR is used for miners to rent their hashpower out to others, which often pays more than mining bitcoins directly. However if for some reason you didn't want to rent your hashpower out (I don't see why you wouldn't want to though) then you could just set a high renting price. IIRC Mining Rig Rentals supports all three of those algorithms too, so it would be a start to a solution for you.
MegaFall (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 04:12:41 AM

It wouldn't have all the features you want (number of shares submitted) but you could set something like this up with MiningRigRentals. Sign up, and input your pool mining information, then point your miners to the MRR proxy. It's easy to change pool credentials on Mining Rig Rentals afterwards at any time.

Usually MRR is used for miners to rent their hashpower out to others, which often pays more than mining bitcoins directly. However if for some reason you didn't want to rent your hashpower out (I don't see why you wouldn't want to though) then you could just set a high renting price. IIRC Mining Rig Rentals supports all three of those algorithms too, so it would be a start to a solution for you.

Yeah, I'm looking to run a sub-pool, so it would be other people connecting too; not just me. They would need their own username/workers and what not, so I can track their contribution to the pool. I would then point everything to another pool, to do the actual mining. It's a new website I'm working on, that I don't want to give to many details about, as of right now. It's a different kind of pool, I'll just leave it at that.

Found this; but of course it's in Python which I don't know too well.

https://github.com/CryptoManiac/stratum-mining-proxy

It seems I could modify the last couple lines of stratum_listener.py and the _on_submit method in getwork_listener.py to add a database submission, but not entirely sure. It seems like the last few lines of jobs.py might also be of interest for a database submission; I really don't know.

It also doesn't support X11.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:21:48 AM

yeah there are two, stratum slush pool proxy and this(the first is only for sha, the latter support many other algo)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=611338.0

i used both on many vps with splitting workers and it work like a charm
MegaFall (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:59:38 PM

yeah there are two, stratum slush pool proxy and this(the first is only for sha, the latter support many other algo)

That looks decent; cleaner and better than what I found. Not sure by looking at it though if it'll log the actual amount of shares submitted per worker. I see hashrate but not shares submitted.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:20:05 PM

That looks decent; cleaner and better than what I found. Not sure by looking at it though if it'll log the actual amount of shares submitted per worker. I see hashrate but not shares submitted.

the java one should tells you "yeah" for every share it submit, and this for every worker, if you can't see this, then it isn't working

too bad i'm not using it anymore i or i could post some screen
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:16:03 PM

You might look at some of the mining rental sites.  I believe beta rigs you can set miners for rent and have pools set on the site for when they are not rented.

So when not being rented you can pick pool on a website from anywhere with a internet connection.
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:58:17 AM

Use CKproxy!
You will thank CK soon if you do Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=790323.0

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
MegaFall (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 11:15:33 PM

Use CKproxy!

Doesn't support X11 or Scrypt as far as I know.

You might look at some of the mining rental sites.  I believe beta rigs you can set miners for rent and have pools set on the site for when they are not rented.

So when not being rented you can pick pool on a website from anywhere with a internet connection.

You missed my second post.

the java one should tells you "yeah" for every share it submit, and this for every worker, if you can't see this, then it isn't working

Looked through the code some more. It doesn't do what I need it to.

So ultimately there is nothing out there does what I need. So I give up.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 11:30:30 PM

Use CKproxy!

I did miss that somehow.  I have not seen anyone release code to do what your wanting and I doubt you can get something this advanced for free.

Likely it would take some cash to pay someone to develop it.   It sounds like a multipool is closest thing to it.  People point to it and you aim their hash where you want.
MegaFall (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 11:36:32 PM

Use CKproxy!

I did miss that somehow.  I have not seen anyone release code to do what your wanting and I doubt you can get something this advanced for free.

Likely it would take some cash to pay someone to develop it.   It sounds like a multipool is closest thing to it.  People point to it and you aim their hash where you want.

Except the whole point of the site is a crowdfunding/hashing site for a feature film I'm working, so I have no money.

I think I'm out of the BTC/AltCoin game entirely; total waste of time.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 11:58:19 PM

Use CKproxy!

I did miss that somehow.  I have not seen anyone release code to do what your wanting and I doubt you can get something this advanced for free.

Likely it would take some cash to pay someone to develop it.   It sounds like a multipool is closest thing to it.  People point to it and you aim their hash where you want.

Except the whole point of the site is a crowdfunding/hashing site for a feature film I'm working, so I have no money.

I think I'm out of the BTC/AltCoin game entirely; total waste of time.

Ahh ok now I understand your goal better.  As far as crowdfunding I doubt it is a viable option.  Miners spend lot's of money on their gear and to keep it running.  It's not really a charity or something you will get many behind.

Ultimate goal is ROI for miners.   I doubt you will find many to use hash to pay for your film.
MegaFall (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:13:36 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 01:35:48 AM by MegaFall

Ahh ok now I understand your goal better.  As far as crowdfunding I doubt it is a viable option.  Miners spend lot's of money on their gear and to keep it running.  It's not really a charity or something you will get many behind.

Ultimate goal is ROI for miners.   I doubt you will find many to use hash to pay for your film.

Not always though. I see people around here that say they don't care about making profit "but want to support the network". A crowdhashing website would help somebody raise funds and still assist in securing the network. And I wouldn't necessarily be asking people to point at the sub-pool/proxy 24/7 but maybe little bursts of 15 minutes here and 15 minutes there; which would still be beneficial to the project if it was pointing all the miners at a PPLNS payout pool, or even pointing to West/Nice Hash. If collectively through a bunch of different people pointing to the proxy for a little bit of time each day, that could maintain 1-20TH/s of constant speed (say spread across 100 people) throughout the day. Which is significantly better than the S3+ 450GH/s unit I have going by itself.

Plus that's the whole reason that I want to log shares, so people that contribute a certain amount of shares to the pool will be classified under different categories for receiving something in return for their time; a copy of the film, tickets to premiere, etc.

I might try to come-up with something myself in PHP... but not sure where to start. Definitely need to be using the socket functions. Looks like I have a lot of reading and coding to do.

If anybody is willing to help out, you can point any mining hardware to the BitMinter pool for a little while where you can use username "MovieMining" and any worker name you choose; even an AntMiner U2 would help.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 03:49:15 AM

Ahh ok now I understand your goal better.  As far as crowdfunding I doubt it is a viable option.  Miners spend lot's of money on their gear and to keep it running.  It's not really a charity or something you will get many behind.

Ultimate goal is ROI for miners.   I doubt you will find many to use hash to pay for your film.

Not always though. I see people around here that say they don't care about making profit "but want to support the network". A crowdhashing website would help somebody raise funds and still assist in securing the network. And I wouldn't necessarily be asking people to point at the sub-pool/proxy 24/7 but maybe little bursts of 15 minutes here and 15 minutes there; which would still be beneficial to the project if it was pointing all the miners at a PPLNS payout pool, or even pointing to West/Nice Hash. If collectively through a bunch of different people pointing to the proxy for a little bit of time each day, that could maintain 1-20TH/s of constant speed (say spread across 100 people) throughout the day. Which is significantly better than the S3+ 450GH/s unit I have going by itself.

Plus that's the whole reason that I want to log shares, so people that contribute a certain amount of shares to the pool will be classified under different categories for receiving something in return for their time; a copy of the film, tickets to premiere, etc.

I might try to come-up with something myself in PHP... but not sure where to start. Definitely need to be using the socket functions. Looks like I have a lot of reading and coding to do.

If anybody is willing to help out, you can point any mining hardware to the BitMinter pool for a little while where you can use username "MovieMining" and any worker name you choose; even an AntMiner U2 would help.

I wish you the best of luck with your film

I would just be careful on spending money on this idea as I just don't see "could maintain 1-20TH/s of constant speed (say spread across 100 people".  I have seen many stories and causes.  Only one I remembering being a success on a mining effort was for the bitcoin museum guy.  And it was only for a day or so.
MegaFall (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:07:51 PM

Yeah, so I decided to say screw it. No film. Entirely unrealistic to raise $500k from any source, regardless of BTC or not. So fuck it. Anybody want to buy an S3 or RockMiner New R-Box?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: