Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:12:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Tuesday now, seems nothing will happen.  (Read 2606 times)
finway (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 03:28:17 AM

Let's wait for Wednesday, but when will this end ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 03:29:25 AM

Classic signs of a ponzi scheme......delay......delay.........excuses....and of course a little bitch named pirate lol  Kiss

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

hannesnaude

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Firstbits : 1Hannes

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 03:50:57 AM

I won't be terribly surpised if waits a while longer and then starts making a few payouts just to see the effecct on the market. So many believe that BTCST paying out will crash the market that it is quite possible that the APPEARANCE of BTCST paying out will crash the market.  Of course pirate will be happily buying more iif this should happen.

Another option open to him is to wait until friday, by which time it will be widely accepted by all but the most deluded of his investors that he won't be paying out. Then buy back a large portion of his liabilities for a fraction of their worth (possibly using an alternate identity), and then pay out the rest. In which case he would not technically have defaulted.

I don't really think the second option will happen. But I am so dumbfounded by the large mass of supporters (some of whom claim to not be investors) who religously maintain he will pay out, even in the face of mounting evidence that he won't, that I am forced to try and come up with plausible scenarios where he doesn't default.

Am I missing some information here? I have admittedly not been following this saga closely from the beginning. Is there ANY case to be made for BTCST NOT being a ponzi (other than "You can't PROVE that he IS running a ponzi so stop with the baseless accusations?") If so, could someone please provide a link?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 03:52:54 AM

I won't be terribly surpised if waits a while longer and then starts making a few payouts just to see the effecct on the market. So many believe that BTCST paying out will crash the market that it is quite possible that the APPEARANCE of BTCST paying out will crash the market.  Of course pirate will be happily buying more iif this should happen.

Another option open to him is to wait until friday, by which time it will be widely accepted by all but the most deluded of his investors that he won't be paying out. Then buy back a large portion of his liabilities for a fraction of their worth (possibly using an alternate identity), and then pay out the rest. In which case he would not technically have defaulted.

I don't really think the second option will happen. But I am so dumbfounded by the large mass of supporters (some of whom claim to not be investors) who religously maintain he will pay out, even in the face of mounting evidence that he won't, that I am forced to try and come up with plausible scenarios where he doesn't default.

Am I missing some information here? I have admittedly not been following this saga closely from the beginning. Is there ANY case to be made for BTCST NOT being a ponzi (other than "You can't PROVE that he IS running a ponzi so stop with the baseless accusations?") If so, could someone please provide a link?

+1 I can see him making this process as slow as possible to buy cheap coins to repay investors.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 03:55:59 AM

If he draws out the drama  he can sell more copies of his book. Im guessing that would be the first bitcoin related bestseller  Cheesy

P.S. If Matt Wright publishes it the book will be 12 months late.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:03:01 AM

If he draws out the drama  he can sell more copies of his book. Im guessing that would be the first bitcoin related bestseller  Cheesy

i LOLed  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:03:26 AM

.....and require revision numbers Wink

(just kidding Matthew....I am your friend...lol)

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 11:28:19 PM

But I am so dumbfounded by the large mass of supporters (some of whom claim to not be investors) who religously maintain he will pay out, even in the face of mounting evidence that he won't, that I am forced to try and come up with plausible scenarios where he doesn't default.

I consider a return of funds possible - because if he can pull it off, it leaves him fantastically well-placed to pull off a $50 or $500 Million dollar ponzi down the track. 
The reputation gained from paying out on this one would be invaluable.

If he can find a wealthy co-conspirator to put in a few mil to pay out this little scheme - then for the next one, most bitcoiners are his bitches.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 11:36:15 PM

so, bitlane what kind of violence do you have planned for pirate?  hammer to the kneecap?   pulling out his fingernails?  what kind of plans are you making? very interested!
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 11:38:41 PM

so, bitlane what kind of violence do you have planned for pirate?  hammer to the kneecap?   pulling out his fingernails?  what kind of plans are you making? very interested!

uh..None ?

Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 11:43:29 PM

uh..None ?

That's not to say he's not going to get a bunch of pizzas delivered to his house though.

Mousepotato
bumbo

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 01:08:19 AM

I don't really think the second option [the one explained above] will happen. But I am so dumbfounded by the large mass of supporters (some of whom claim to not be investors) who religously maintain he will pay out, even in the face of mounting evidence that he won't, that I am forced to try and come up with plausible scenarios where he doesn't default.

Assuming it's not a scam... this is the most interesting and entertaining contribution I've read in the past few days. People who are still betting against a default probably have exactly this plan in mind. Pirate waits as long as possible so he can buy back his own liabilities cheaply. Then he starts a few payments to initiate another crash and finally buys coins to repay investors. I couldn't come up with a better scheme, it's brilliant.

And if he pulls THIS through, he's earned the Balls-of-Steel-Award, no questions asked.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 02:01:30 AM

I don't really think the second option [the one explained above] will happen. But I am so dumbfounded by the large mass of supporters (some of whom claim to not be investors) who religously maintain he will pay out, even in the face of mounting evidence that he won't, that I am forced to try and come up with plausible scenarios where he doesn't default.

Assuming it's not a scam... this is the most interesting and entertaining contribution I've read in the past few days. People who are still betting against a default probably have exactly this plan in mind. Pirate waits as long as possible so he can buy back his own liabilities cheaply. Then he starts a few payments to initiate another crash and finally buys coins to repay investors. I couldn't come up with a better scheme, it's brilliant.

And if he pulls THIS through, he's earned the Balls-of-Steel-Award, no questions asked.
This would be entertaining and memorable.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 02:05:20 AM

uh..None ?

That's not to say he's not going to get a bunch of pizzas delivered to his house though.

In these days of terrorism simply reporting a suspicious package will cause the bomb squad to show up or tipping them off to a drug house will cause the swat squad to raid and shoot your dog.

totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 02:08:25 AM

This is still a default... buying your own liabilities on the open market at a discount is the same thing as repaying debts with a haircut (a default).

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 02:20:51 AM

This is still a default... buying your own liabilities on the open market at a discount is the same thing as repaying debts with a haircut (a default).

Indeed, even if it is done via proxy.

The proxies then would be simply an accessories to fraud, would they not? Is it not also a security fraud? Could it be a ponzi being converted into another form of fraud, like securities fraud?

-
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 02:24:11 AM

The proxies then would be simply an accessories to fraud, would they not? Is it not also a security fraud? Could it be a ponzi being converted into another form of fraud, like securities fraud?

Its a form of insider trading yes.

hannesnaude

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Firstbits : 1Hannes

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 06:10:49 AM

Its a form of insider trading yes.

Of course it is morally reprehensible.  But is it against the law? SEC regulations don't apply to GLBSE assets (or any other form of bitcoin contracts for that matter). And even if you could take legal action, how would you prove it? Seems like a way of getting away without legal ramifications. Still think it's unlikely though. Purely because I don't think it is viable for him to buy enough of his liabilities at a large enough discount. Especially if he has to do so before friday. Last I heard assets with pirate exposure were still selling for 80% of face value. Anyone have an update?
bumbo

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:32:27 AM

Of course it is morally reprehensible.  But is it against the law? SEC regulations don't apply to GLBSE assets (or any other form of bitcoin contracts for that matter). And even if you could take legal action, how would you prove it?

It is morally reprehensible, but IMHO you can't complain without holding some double standards. The concept of insider trading isn't applicable to an anonymous free market. Everyone involved made the informed decision to invest on the GLBSE instead of a regulated stock exchange. And those who draw on the benefits have to put up with the drawbacks. You can't pick and choose the best of two opposite worlds.

Last I heard assets with pirate exposure were still selling for 80% of face value. Anyone have an update?

24h average on the GLBSE is at ~50%.
gene

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 02:15:14 PM

Last I heard assets with pirate exposure were still selling for 80% of face value. Anyone have an update?

24h average on the GLBSE is at ~50%.

I am shocked it is that high.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: