Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:54:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 5 Bitcoin Wallets on Android  (Read 1499 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 03:21:11 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 03:50:10 PM by LiteCoinGuy

Top 5 Bitcoin Wallets on Android

Oddly enough, this wallet is just called ‘Bitcoin Wallet’. The application looks somewhat similar to the typical Bitcoin Core wallet and is pouring with useful features.

http://bit-post.com/featured/top-5-bitcoin-wallets-on-android-5378

(but dont store large amounts of BTC on a phone or PC! use it for pocket change  Smiley
bigger amounts = cold storage)

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:23:29 PM

With a phone wallet I could just be paranoid.  But I see it as a wallet to keep a little BTC, but not a substantial amount.

And you can use a app that shows BTC balances, and check your wallets without having access to them.  This way you can see the big wallets without touching them, or risking them.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 03:49:44 PM

I have circle, blockchain.info and mycellium on my android. I don't use any of them  Cheesy  I guess it's because I don't have a need to take BTC around with me on a daily basis... YET.

sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:55:55 PM

The first wallet mentioned in that site really called Bitcoin Wallet
Check here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet
This is the first & maybe the most anonymous and secure wallet for android

But, i only use blockchain.info on my android since it's online wallet
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 04:48:44 PM

i like the first one, it remind me of qt-core which i love to death, i'm not suprised that it is in the first spot(they start from 1 to 5 not 5 to 1 right? i mean that list is putting blockchain at the end), also the no registration thing is a nice addition
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:10:54 PM

I've been using the first long and never given me any fault or problem, as Amph says reminds me qt -core. I have spoken well of that of blockchain but so far I have not used it.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:31:13 PM

I think I still have the blockcahin.info wallet on my phone. I keep about 0.01btc on my phone to show friends how it works. I do not use it much.

The "bitcoin wallet" said it is a standalone node, does it download the blockchain?
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 04:53:31 AM

I've been using Coinbase for a while now and I'm very happy with the service but I wouldn't feel too comfortable having the app on my phone especially since I use my phone number for 2fa. I don't really see the need to have a specialized app though because if I ever need to use my Bitcoin on Coinbase I can just login from the browser on my phone.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:47:33 AM

I have always been loyal to blockchain.info, wherever I always use blockchain.info, in android and laptops. because I already feel comfortable, easy, simple and safe for me Smiley
s1ng
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 09:30:38 AM

Is Mycelium is a good and secure one ?
Since this is my first searching for another wallet beside blockchain
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 11:15:48 AM

For me an android wallet should have speed and ease of use as the main selling point even though security is not top in the agenda list. I would suggest mycelium and the advanced feature gives you slightly more control and customization especially how to manage the private keys. Works great thus far for me and usually I only transfer small amount to the Android wallet for quick access when I needed the fund.

0mniscient

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 03:02:35 PM

I use mycellium with trezor on android, suppeerrr secure very small risk to using it because the private keys never leave the Trezor
KenR

Activity: 910

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 03:22:13 PM

Always use blockchain.info wallet, from the beginning until now, from a web wallet to wallet in android, i use blockchain.info wallet.
Have never felt a loss or inconveniences, and until now I am still safe to use.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 03:23:57 PM

there are 2 wallets I use on my mobile: blockchain.info and mycelium. coinbase is usable... but I don't need it. I got Greenbits installed just in case, but never used it.

Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 04:54:07 PM

Yes I used bitcoin wallet too on my smart phone, also I installed mycelium but I prefer to mycelium I like the interface and easy to use. I just store for small amount on my android wallet just for vacation Cheesy
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 04:39:44 AM

If you install Blockchain.info wallet on Android, it is still a server based wallet. They are only optimizing the layout. Private keys are stored in their server, not locally(in your phone). It isn't a good choice to use a server based wallet to store all your Bitcoins. You should only store a small amount in it,

I think I still have the blockcahin.info wallet on my phone. I keep about 0.01btc on my phone to show friends how it works. I do not use it much.

The "bitcoin wallet" said it is a standalone node, does it download the blockchain?

No, it doesn't download Blockchain. I like it very much. I get a feeling I am using Bitcoin core. Wink

I've been using Coinbase for a while now and I'm very happy with the service but I wouldn't feel too comfortable having the app on my phone especially since I use my phone number for 2fa. I don't really see the need to have a specialized app though because if I ever need to use my Bitcoin on Coinbase I can just login from the browser on my phone.

Coinbase doesn't give you access to private key. That means they can take BTC whenever they want. You are giving your wallet's key to a person to withdraw money from it. Will you do the same with your bank account? Of course, not. I highly recommend to use Blockchain.info if you really want to use an online wallet.

Is Mycelium is a good and secure one ?
Since this is my first searching for another wallet beside blockchain

Yes, it is. Save the seed somewhere safe. It is needed for recovering Bitcoins if you lost your mobile or if you have any problem with your mobile.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:15:34 PM

i have tried several android wallets but i seriously have my doubts regarding the security of third party wallets. or maybe i am just too concerned. for me nothing can beat the blockchain app.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:12:39 PM

No, it doesn't download Blockchain. I like it very much. I get a feeling I am using Bitcoin core. Wink

I misunderstood the word "node" when first I read it. Somehow, I thought it meant a full node. In fact it means the wallet can broadcast transactions on its own (a node) without the need for a relaying server. I am going to test run it with on old phone.
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:42:11 PM

Interesting article about android wallets. I personally use the blockchain.info one, since it has a cool design and doesn't crash every 2 minutes. I hear the circle wallet is good as well I may try it out in the future.
oli123123
Legendary

Activity: 1445

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 03:40:45 PM

I've used blockchain.info wallet on my Android for some time but i don't use mobile wallets anymore.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: