Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:35:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: zeus blizzard/gaw fury?  (Read 848 times)
BOBAN (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:28:02 PM

hey everyone.  I'm a recent newbie to the world of asic mining, so I picked up a GAW fury from amazon.  I've been mining with graphics cards, but as I read from various forums and difficulty calculators, the difficulty for LTC Graphics mining is starting to become unfeasible.  As I understand it, the Fury is basically a rebranded zeus blizzard?  there are a few more of these units available on amazon so I was wondering if it would be economical to buy them all and use them for the time being.  each one mines about 1.3 Mhashs which seems pretty fast.  My long term goal is to use them to save up enough litecoin to exchange for CAD (I live in canada) so I can buy a few faster and more powerful units that are also on amazon using the money I made from the exchange.  Is this economically feasible or would I just be better off buying the newer units right away instead?
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 12:25:41 AM

Mining now is nothing but a carrot on a stick that you will never bite

BOBAN (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 11:18:46 PM

are you referring to GPU mining?
BOBAN (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:43:37 AM

never mind.  I've decided that I will switch over to dogecoin mining, convert those coins to litecoins, then convert those into the ever elusive bitcoin.  LOL.
jakehaas

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:28:16 AM

never mind.  I've decided that I will switch over to dogecoin mining, convert those coins to litecoins, then convert those into the ever elusive bitcoin.  LOL.

Why the Litecoin intermediary?
Just http://shapeshift.io directly from DOGE to BTC...
BOBAN (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:20:02 PM

Yeah I guess that's true.  I initially read somewhere else (can't quite remember which forum), that it's easier to trade doge into ltc, then ltc to bitcoin simply because of the easier exchange rate of the two coins, but I went on doges official forum and they said the same thing as you did.  so i'll do that instead.  also, I'd like to supplement my asics with some gpu's, so what graphics cards can still be used (if graphics mining is still possible) with Doge?  I understand that AMD is the better brand due to their exponentially faster hash rates compared to nvidia cards, but I'm not quite sure which AMD card is the best one for scrypt mining, if it's still worth it?

Thanks.
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:53:10 PM

As I understand it, the Fury is basically a rebranded zeus blizzard?  there are a few more of these units available on amazon so I was wondering if it would be economical to buy them all and use them for the time being.  each one mines about 1.3 Mhashs which seems pretty fast.

Yes, they are both the same thing.

It depends on the price of the miners and your power cost. Don't forget these units came out a year ago, you have to do the math.

P.S. Have you considered buying 5Mh Gridseed blades? They are more power efficient.

sandpaper

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 12:21:37 AM

Yeah I guess that's true.  I initially read somewhere else (can't quite remember which forum), that it's easier to trade doge into ltc, then ltc to bitcoin simply because of the easier exchange rate of the two coins, but I went on doges official forum and they said the same thing as you did.  so i'll do that instead.  also, I'd like to supplement my asics with some gpu's, so what graphics cards can still be used (if graphics mining is still possible) with Doge?  I understand that AMD is the better brand due to their exponentially faster hash rates compared to nvidia cards, but I'm not quite sure which AMD card is the best one for scrypt mining, if it's still worth it?

Thanks.

Dogecoin is merge mined with Litecoin, so you can actually mine litecoin and dogecoin at the same time. Finding a block of LTC however alone can be quite difficult so you may as well just use a pool that mines both.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: