Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:36:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will NEM always live in NXT's shadow because it started as a NXT asset?  (Read 1550 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TruthBear (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:17:28 AM

I'm curious to know what people think. I'm seriously considering buying some long-term alts but I don't want them to go no where. It feels like the silver (NEM) and gold (NXT) scenario again (LTC = silver, BTC = gold).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:17:18 AM

NEM has no distinguishable use yet, so now's the time to buy if you think it can grow.
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:47:37 AM

It's a good question ... It will ultimately come down to how NEM is taken to market over the next 6-12 months.

^ I am with STUPID!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:54:33 AM

Will Bitcoin always live in eGold's shadow because it started as an eGold successor?

Answer:  Yes.  Bitcoin has yet to beat the estimated capitalization and userbase which eGold supposedly had back in 2008 before it was shut down.   Cheesy  Grin

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:05:58 AM

NEM will always be in NAS's shadow. Grin
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:37:48 AM

I'm curious to know what people think. I'm seriously considering buying some long-term alts but I don't want them to go no where. It feels like the silver (NEM) and gold (NXT) scenario again (LTC = silver, BTC = gold).

Just know that NEM isn't another shitcoin or scamcoin. Its a great time to buy XEM right IMHO. 
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:03:42 AM

I don't think so. NEM has good beginning, which has new featurers and enhanced security. The dev teams is working hard, dedicated and innovative. If you believe it, why not buy it right now?

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 06:12:40 AM

Bought some. Tried it. Wasn't impressed. Sold out. I blame all the hype building up to it. People don't realize that is just as detrimental to companies and products as false promises

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:27:45 AM

Bought some. Tried it. Wasn't impressed. Sold out. I blame all the hype building up to it. People don't realize that is just as detrimental to companies and products as false promises

The same has been said about any alternate or even bitcoin.  Heck even with $Fiat - when was the last time you were like: "wow!  This paper, the color, the hidden occult symbols... *mind blown* having so much fun!".  The only fun thing about money is exchanging that piece of paper for fun stuff.   Cheesy

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 06:32:24 AM

The same has been said about any alternate or even bitcoin.  Heck even with $Fiat - when was the last time you were like: "wow!  This paper, the color, the hidden occult symbols... *mind blown* having so much fun!".  The only fun thing about money is exchanging that piece of paper for fun stuff.   Cheesy

You are correct, and proving my point  Wink

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:36:15 AM

If the Bitshares' Corporatist / Communists can't keep their "assets" scam lucrative, what makes you think the NEMorons can do it?

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:31:04 AM

2kool & UP working the same thread again, just like the good ole' days (the NXT mega thread). Almost makes me tear up lol
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:59:37 AM

Getting back to the OP: I don't see how having initial NEMstake traded on the NXT Asset Exchange can have any effect on NEMs future.
You can trade BTC using the AE, that doesn't put Bitcoin in NXT's shadow. (yet  Grin  Roll Eyes )

The fact that much of the NEM community continue to define NEM in terms of how it's doing in relation to NXT is an issue.
I sometimes detect a little bit of cargo cultism around NEM......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:08:59 AM

The truth of the matter is this...

Nobody with any common sense, integrity or decency wants to be involved with this ridiculous joke of an "egalitarian" cryptocurrency which is based on the premise of "All stakes are equal, but some stakes are more equal than others" and "if you cheat to get more stakes, you deserve them".

Plus, you have a 50% chance that anybody involved in NEM is in fact UtopianFuture and a 100% chance that the person believes it is ok to associate with liars, cheaters and thieves if they can make money.

The fact is that NEM was started out of pure greed and anyone buying into NEM will end up with a whole lot of nothing instead of a little bit of something.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
TruthBear (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 09:52:07 AM

Getting back to the OP: I don't see how having initial NEMstake traded on the NXT Asset Exchange can have any effect on NEMs future.
You can trade BTC using the AE, that doesn't put Bitcoin in NXT's shadow. (yet  Grin  Roll Eyes )

The fact that much of the NEM community continue to define NEM in terms of how it's doing in relation to NXT is an issue.
I sometimes detect a little bit of cargo cultism around NEM......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

Bitcoin didn't start its life on NXT AE like NEM did. Hence my problem.
TruthBear (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 09:53:32 AM

The truth of the matter is this...

Nobody with any common sense, integrity or decency wants to be involved with this ridiculous joke of an "egalitarian" cryptocurrency which is based on the premise of "All stakes are equal, but some stakes are more equal than others" and "if you cheat to get more stakes, you deserve them".

Plus, you have a 50% chance that anybody involved in NEM is in fact UtopianFuture and a 100% chance that the person believes it is ok to associate with liars, cheaters and thieves if they can make money.

The fact is that NEM was started out of pure greed and anyone buying into NEM will end up with a whole lot of nothing instead of a little bit of something.

Is this true? I guess my suspicions were right Sad I will tell whole Chinese community about this
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 04:31:52 PM

I don't think so. NEM has good beginning, which has new featurers and enhanced security. The dev teams is working hard, dedicated and innovative. If you believe it, why not buy it right now?

So lets just get what your saying straight. You are saying the uptake and use of a coin is based on how dedicated and hardworking the development team is. I see....

Got any evidence that isn't just words strung together for the hell of it?
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:20:19 PM

It's a good question ... It will ultimately come down to how NEM is taken to market over the next 6-12 months.

NXT is not standing still... and every NXT fork has lagged badly so far.

While NEM has lost 2/3 of it's value in one month despite a successful launch...
NXT is rolling out the long awaited Ver 1.5 with voting system, phasing, plug-ins...
And *** pruneable ***  pay-as-you-go storage with Arbitrary Messages expanded to 40K bytes...
So now an anon web site or "hidden service" can be hosted on the NXT blockchain in a 100% decentralized manner.

This is the turning point for NXT as it moves out of the Crypto Ghetto...
And starts competing directly with klunky Tor Project and legendary vaporware like MAID.

https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-5-0e/
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 09:20:01 AM

Oh give me a FUCKIN' BREAK...  how in the FUCK does one even attempt to say something like this^^^ after all the Nxt Circle Jerk Parades?!?!?  Huh

I knew you would miss me.  Cheesy
EMIF

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 09:44:57 AM

I really dont belive NEM live in NXT's shadow .

Afaik , It didnt start as a NXT asset. NXT asset was used for trading before NEM shares were not available for redeeming. Besides, NEM has a different code than NXT. So it is not a clone, but future of of NEM strongly depends on developers' performance. IMHO, NEM's price is really cheap nowadays , after some development news , it can easily increase. 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: