Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .
Yes
No
Don't care but will not block it

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you like to see an Avatar Campaign? [POLL]  (Read 3125 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 04:49:47 PM

absolutely yes, more easy money  Cheesy, i'm all in favor for it, and also it should not increase the spam, because it is included in the sig campaign, so 1 post for the sig will count for the avatar too, no one will post more just for the avatar
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1654

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 05:06:36 PM

I voted Yes! I will Love to see a sig campaign, Because From this I can earn some extra amount. I will only join a sig campaign if its worth it to join like .02 or Above BTC. Probably looking from bit-x  Wink.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 05:16:25 PM

Please lock this topic once you have enough replies (a few more will do) or you will have the entire forum posting here several times with their own (slightly different) opinion.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 05:22:24 PM

Weird. Did the submitted votes just reset? I voted earlier and it seems that the number of users who voted decreased. Huh I also suggest that the thread be locked so as to prevent redundant voicing of same ideas and opinions.

nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 05:42:36 PM

Depends if the question is directed towards people who would like to wear an avatar or towards people who would mind looking at an avatar. I honestly don't mind either. As currently I don't have an avatar, having one and being paid for it, wouldn't be any harm.

I just looked at the only avatar campaign on the forum, seems the pay isn't competitive, so I guess it might not be worth for that much trouble.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 05:43:17 PM

One important point, as said in my above post, many are voting yes, simply taking into consideration that if found annoying it can be turned off. If a large majority of the active members of the community turns it off or blocks it, avatar campaigns won't be efficient anymore.

You can say that about signatures. Many already block them but the campaigns do fine. You also wont be able to tell how many users have them blocked or not but I think the vast majority of people will keep them on like they probably do with signatures.

But that's because sigs can / are meant to hold useful information. Avatars are superfluous to our actual needs.

ndnh (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 05:47:26 PM

Weird. Did the submitted votes just reset? I voted earlier and it seems that the number of users who voted decreased. Huh I also suggest that the thread be locked so as to prevent redundant voicing of same ideas and opinions.
Please lock this topic once you have enough replies (a few more will do) or you will have the entire forum posting here several times with their own (slightly different) opinion.

Yep. The poll was accidentally reset. Sorry. Sad
I have no idea what happened tho.

Will lock this thread tomorrow. I had some 20 votes, now just around 10..
franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 06:12:20 PM

Don't care but will not block it.

In my opinion, avatars are useful to recognize some users without looking at their nickname, but if new managers decide to start icon campaigns, they're not going to disturb me. If I'm reading some comments and I see a promotional icon, I'm not going to start crying  Cheesy. Maybe I discover interesting projects thanks to this advertisements.

We'll see what happens. IMO the bit-x proposal it's interesting:
User logo + little announcement of the signature campaign service if required.

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Don't care but will not block it.

In my opinion, avatars are useful to recognize some users without looking at their nickname, but if new managers decide to start icon campaigns, they're not going to disturb me. If I'm reading some comments and I see a promotional icon, I'm not going to start crying  Cheesy. Maybe I discover interesting projects thanks to this advertisements.

We'll see what happens. IMO the bit-x proposal it's interesting:
User logo + little announcement of the signature campaign service if required.

We had a suggestion of having a set of 5 different avatars for say 20 participants. But eventually, the idea was not taken. Sad
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:03:07 PM

I will not have a paid avatar on my account, but do not mind if others will. People love free coins, which is understandable.

It's a win - win situation. People get free extra coins, and services get extra advertisment exposure.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 08:11:48 PM

Yep. The poll was accidentally reset. Sorry. Sad
I have no idea what happened tho.

Will lock this thread tomorrow. I had some 20 votes, now just around 10..

Shocked
It seems to have resetted again.
 Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:12:31 PM

I will not have a paid avatar on my account, but do not mind if others will. People love free coins, which is understandable.

It's a win - win situation. People get free extra coins, and services get extra advertisment exposure.

...and users are banned from post and send PM // sarcasm .

ndnhc, have you in plan to start an avatar campaign like marcotheminer or not?
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:13:53 PM

Of course. Might test a small scale version.. But the avatars are the issue. The images will be similar or so.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:16:29 PM

Of course. Might test a small scale version.. But the avatars are the issue. The images will be similar or so.

You can create 10-15 different avatar or just do as marcotheminer (add a little write to the right or left side of the avatar).
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 08:21:48 PM

Voted for yes, but also there should be "personal message" campaign along with it because of position of it.
Let's say if you're promoting an avatar which is not clear about product than you should write something about it to the below.

For instance that avatar you've showed is too colorful and I didn't pay attention to it much, also didn't try to read.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1022171.msg11063794#msg11063794
If you've written "dadice.com" under it as personal message, I would understand it better.

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
shapeshift

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:26:54 PM

Voted for yes, but also there should be "personal message" campaign along with it because of position of it.
Let's say if you're promoting an avatar which is not clear about product than you should write something about it to the below.

For instance that avatar you've showed is too colorful and I didn't pay attention to it much, also didn't try to read.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1022171.msg11063794#msg11063794
If you've written "dadice.com" under it as personal message, I would understand it better.

Agree with him , they should be used  together. Otherwise , its meaningless.

Besides, I think , each campaign use  at least  3 avatars so that people just dont get bored.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:27:11 PM

I feel like some "decorative branding" wouldn't be too bad. For example, there are some nice lucky bit avatars rolling around. Nothing official that all participants must have, but it has some nice stylish branding that isn't overly annoying but elegant rather. What would be nice to see is a campaign that involves matching signatures and avatars that are specifically designed hand in hand. What's annoying is a mismatching avatar and signature that represents the same site.
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:14:35 AM

Who wouldn't like to see another advertising campaign other than the ones that have a lot of btc. Campaigns are a great way to get the bitcoin community involved with other community members and see how beneficial bitcoins can be versus fiat currency.  With more and more adoption of btc, the more word of mouth, the better. Bring on the ads!
ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 02:14:13 AM

I'm on the fence about this. On the one side I really like making extra BTCBTC but then on the other side I really like seeing a bunch of cool creative avatars. i think that with more avatar campaigns the community would lose some of the cool avatars that some people have.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
                                      ██                                    ██
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
█         ████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 11:32:44 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2015, 11:54:52 AM by Mt. Gox

I've seen many Internet forums during my time online and I don't think I've ever seen one where users are financially rewarded for changing their avatars to advertisements. For a newbie who is new to the forums, it would probably look quite strange.

That being said, I don't think it's a huge issue. As others have already mentioned, it's likely that avatars would be less useful for quickly identifying and distinguishing different users if avatar campaigns became widespread. However, it's really not that different from forums that have one or more default avatars (which ~70% of the users might not even bother changing).

Yes you are right but as I said previously there will not be a problem if the "promotional ad" go to the left or right side of the avatar. Everyone will keep his personal avatar and no one will be wrong to identify the user (remember there is always the username).

Yes you are right but as I said previously there will not be a problem if the "promotional ad" go to the left or right side of the avatar. Everyone will keep his personal avatar and no one will be wrong to identify the user (remember there is always the username).

Having an additional image advert edited onto the avatar won't be very effective from an advertisers point of view nor do I think it will become popular. I just think marco wanted to keep his current avatar as that's the one he was known by whilst promoting Bit-x. Maybe he will change it in the future though.

Unless it was part of the forum rules, there wouldn't be much point in this. You would have avatar campaigns that ask users to change their whole avatar to theirs and other avatar campaigns that do what redsn0w proposes. The benefits for the former type of campaign would be greater so they would pay more than the latter type. Those who want to change their whole avatar to get the most money would be able to do so while those who want to keep their personal avatar and attach a promotional ad on the side would be able to do so as well. And really, that's not all that different from how the current system works.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: