Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:00:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC is like a subprime bubble  (Read 1790 times)
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 12:50:01 PM

The problem only exists for people who use USD to measure value. When you use house or bitcoin to measure value, it is USD swing wildly against house and bitcoin, shows that USD is still highly demanded when facing financial uncertainty

The root of the question: Why people believe in some numbers created out of thin air instead of something created with true resources like electricity and labor? The belief in USD's value has become a religion that aliens could never understand   Grin
Because statism, deal with it.

I don't think so, because even the army accept it. It is the concept of money make them believe the value of fiat currency, but the concept of money itself is already changed since the removal of honest money (gold standard) in 1971, just no one realized it

The old kings used to borrow gold from international bankers to finance their war, they don't issue their own fiat to do that, that will cause hyperinflation

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:20:59 PM

Wow an unlimited amount of rothschilds agents on this board.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:00:12 PM

I see more delusional conspiracy theorists. That's the downside of bitcoin; people buy drugs and their minds get screwed over
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:04:02 PM

I see more delusional conspiracy theorists. That's the downside of bitcoin; people buy drugs and their minds get screwed over

Don't worry bro eventually that "6000 year gold bubble" will burst and you will be right..

Eventually.. it's been 6000 years but it's a bubble.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:11:28 PM

Don't worry bro eventually that "6000 year gold bubble" will burst and you will be right..

Case in point. Only when you've done enough drugs, will you be able to understand what this guy is arguing against. I never said anything about bubble or gold in my post, but he sees them just like how druggies see dragons and unicorns.
stopthe_bomb

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:45:19 PM

Case in point. Only when you've done enough drugs, will you be able to understand what this guy is arguing against. I never said anything about bubble or gold in my post, but he sees them just like how druggies see dragons and unicorns.

Hows that rock holding up?
korila (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 09:06:46 PM

the bubble is bursting~~
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:09:08 AM

Yet again this forum is filled with FUD. 

I wonder how long it will last?
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:15:13 AM

I wouldnt say its exactly like a subprime bubble, but the bubble point is probably what most people sense.

Subprime though is when people were getting screwed over through credit agency giving AAA, on bad loans that couldnt be paid back so the elements are different here. In bitcoin you also have a 2nd community which most VC`s have pumped like $1.3 mill to bring better ways.

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:06:16 PM

Premise number 1: Has something like Bitcoin ever seen before?
Nope.

Therefore all the stupid "BTC is like X bubble" (insert in X whatever irrelevant shit you like like, Tulip mania, beanie babies, subprimes, whatever) are objectively nonsense. Get with the facts.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 06:19:38 PM

Hashcash, Digicash, Flooz, Beenz
no that's just theoretical
e: forex bucket shops & HYIP schemes.
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:20:15 PM

As long as there is a supply and there is a demand for bitcoin there will always be a price and a trading volume. Bitcoin will grow in the future and the demand will rise and so will the price rise. But it's still too soon for bitcoin to not be used by anyone. After all it's a free market  and not a regulated one  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: