Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:49:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions concerning the official client API  (Read 935 times)
jon_smark (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 03:14:55 PM

I have two questions concerning the official Bitcoin client API:

First, getreceivedbyaccount is listed as taking two optional parameters: account and minconf.  However, the source in bitcoinrpc.cpp implies that the account parameter is actually mandatory.  Oversight in the wiki or error in the code?

Second, what exactly is the difference in semantics between the minconf optional parameter that several calls accept and the target-confirmations optional parameter accepted by listsinceblock?  I understand minconf well enough, but doesn't target-confirmations mean exactly the same thing?

Thank you guys!
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
someguy123

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2012, 09:42:20 AM

With getrecievedbyaccount, you're obviously going to specify an account for it to list from. So I'd say that the wiki is incorrect.
EDIT: "If [account] not provided return will include all transactions to all accounts", supposedly the wiki claims it returns all transactions to all accounts if it's not supplied.
I've never had the need to use listsinceblock, so I'm not familiar with that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: