Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:53:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to find info on group coin grading?  (Read 540 times)
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2672
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 06:03:56 PM

I've a few more silver collectible coins coming in the next few days, and I'd love to get those and another professionally graded. Anyone here interested in or know anything about group coin grading? (I seem to recall reading there was a five coin minimum by the grading service or something like that.)

I know very little about coin grading, but I'm trusting enough to send my coins and a little money to another member for a group grading project. Grin

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Christopher

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:17:28 PM

Contact Blazedout419 I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:21:57 PM

I had tried to set up a service for this a few months ago, but didn't get any interest.  You should be able to just contact ANACS and have them graded, I don't believe there is a minimum if I remember their email back to me correctly.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:23:52 PM

I had tried to set up a service for this a few months ago, but didn't get any interest.  You should be able to just contact ANACS and have them graded, I don't believe there is a minimum if I remember their email back to me correctly.

There is a minimum though if you want to get the cheaper rate of 20$ a coin, (Minimum 5 coins if I am not mistaken)
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:50:25 PM

There is a minimum though if you want to get the cheaper rate of 20$ a coin, (Minimum 5 coins if I am not mistaken)

ahh that makes sense.  Your probably right.

The other thing I ran into that got complaints doing a group grading and their were multiple of the same coin.  When they come back who gets what grades.  Obviously every attempt at keeping your coin as yours would be made, but there will always be someone who gets upset that his coin wasn't graded as high as start making complaints.  Just something to think about to OP.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:57:43 PM

ahh that makes sense.  Your probably right.

The other thing I ran into that got complaints doing a group grading and their were multiple of the same coin.  When they come back who gets what grades.  Obviously every attempt at keeping your coin as yours would be made, but there will always be someone who gets upset that his coin wasn't graded as high as start making complaints.  Just something to think about to OP.

It depends on the coins you want to grade, if they have the Public Key printed on them then there is no problem.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 08:17:11 PM

Economy is $21 per coin + shipping and takes 3-4 weeks. (5 coin minimum)
If you send less than 5 it is $56 per coin, but ships 1-2 weeks.

If you are sending a coin that is crypto related and no private key it would be a waste of $ in my opinion.
cyclops
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:29:43 PM

Economy is $21 per coin + shipping and takes 3-4 weeks. (5 coin minimum)
If you send less than 5 it is $56 per coin, but ships 1-2 weeks.

If you are sending a coin that is crypto related and no private key it would be a waste of $ in my opinion.

I sent one of your silver wallets Tongue
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1348

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:50:21 PM

Well I'm thinking about sending a few in from the UK. If you're interested in joining, let me know Smiley
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 02:28:10 PM

Well I'm thinking about sending a few in from the UK. If you're interested in joining, let me know Smiley

Thanks for the offer, AT101ET. Unfortunately, I'm looking for someone in the States. (I may simply buy two more coins and do the 5-coin minimum, myself. Who knows?)

Regards,
Me

ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:46:41 PM

Thanks for the offer, AT101ET. Unfortunately, I'm looking for someone in the States. (I may simply buy two more coins and do the 5-coin minimum, myself. Who knows?)

Regards,
Me

Where are you located?

BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 10:00:17 PM

Regards,
Me

Where are you located?

South Carolina, USA.

Me

ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:06:49 PM

Regards,
Me

Where are you located?

South Carolina, USA.

Me
I only wonder as I might try taking a couple of coins for grading. And since I live nearby ANACS facility in Englewood, CO.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 10:34:54 PM

If you guys need an example submission form let me know... I have a pre filled one to guide you.
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 11:26:07 PM

If you guys need an example submission form let me know... I have a pre filled one to guide you.

Yes, please. I'd love one. Thank you.

Regards,
Christopher

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: