Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:58:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The gauntlet has officially been thrown down by Trendon Shavers aka. pirateat40  (Read 30944 times)
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:49:02 PM

A man named Trendon Shavers exists and claims to be Pirateat40. This much is true beyond a reasonable doubt. 30 min. on google, facebook, and this forum will convince you.

Can you check when that Trendon Shavers first appeared? It may be either an invented and slowly built-up identity or a stolen one.

Of course he may also be the real one, in which case I would suspect that he left or will leave the US this week at the latest.
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 05:52:38 PM

Just leaving this here. Base64 Decode for PDF.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=4aptuiaz

Since your name is Vagina, is that directions to the elusive G spot ?

Trendon T Shavers

Table of Contents:

Summary
Property
Criminal Records
Relatives and Associates
Professional Contact Info

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:54:30 PM

A man named Trendon Shavers exists and claims to be Pirateat40. This much is true beyond a reasonable doubt. 30 min. on google, facebook, and this forum will convince you.

You mean "A man that uses the name Trendon Shavers on the Internet exists and claims to be Pirateat40."

Court records exist for his marriage, his brother's marriage, and a warrant for his arrest.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:55:24 PM

You mean "A man that uses the name Trendon Shavers on the Internet exists and claims to be Pirateat40."

Court records exist for his marriage, his brother's marriage, and a warrant for his arrest.

Yes, but is it the same guy?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:57:00 PM

Smaller accounts is apparently getting paid already according to Pirate himself on IRC. Proof posted by another guy on IRC:
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:57:20 PM

Yes, but is it the same guy?

Research his family. Yes, I certainly think so.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:58:55 PM

Pirate himself said in IRC that Trendon Shavers was DBA.

Anyway a name and social networks doesn't mean anything.

The only way it would be proof of anything is if someone had the ability to run his ID though NCIC or social + ID through a credit check. Even then that stuff can be faked but much more difficult.

Anything is possible but that is very unlikely.  To register a DBA it can't conflict with any other existing name.  Given a Trendon Shaver does exist in TX and had a criminal charge (I doubt a fictitious legal entity which only exists on paper was physically arrested by the Police) years ago the likelihood a DBA for that name would be approved is essentially nil.

For example you could form a company "556j enterprises, LLC" and get a DBA for "Bitcoin Traders" but you couldn't get a DBA for "Microsoft" as that would allow you to legally open bank accounts, send invoices, and advertise as Microsoft.   You could imagine the complete and utter chaos that would happen if anyone could just register any name as a DBA without limit.

Then again govts do screw up so it is possible.  
hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 06:11:54 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2012, 08:44:09 PM by hgmichna

Smaller accounts is apparently getting paid already according to Pirate himself on IRC. Proof posted by another guy on IRC:

As predicted:

Anyway, let me remind you all that the stalling tactics were predictable and have been predicted. Another prediction, by the way, is that he may pay out a few small accounts to stall for even longer.

If he represented a serious business, he would, of course, pay his biggest, best customers first. But then he would not shut down a smoothly running business in the first place.
gadsdengraphics

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 07:38:02 PM

He planned it as a Ponzi from the beginning.  The decision was made a long time ago, he's only having fun with you. 

How sure are you he's a ponzi?

What difference does he make *why* he hasn't paid, if he hasn't paid?
gadsdengraphics

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 07:43:56 PM

If I were running a BTC Ponzi, I would associate myself with someone who reasonably fits the stereotype of a Bitcoin user - 25-35, white male, works for a tech company or freelances, etc.

All I have to say: make sure you have the right guy before you do things to him that you wouldn't do to a random person the street. It would really, really suck to commit a life-changing felony against a person, only to have the guy you were after post on IRC the next day mocking you.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 07:56:02 PM

So basically we're still waiting because bitlane won't leave pirate alone long enough to get anything done?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 08:54:35 PM

So basically we're still waiting because bitlane won't leave pirate alone long enough to get anything done?

Could you elaborate on what bitlane could possibly do to delay payment?
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:02:22 PM

As predicted:

Anyway, let me remind you all that the stalling tactics were predictable and have been predicted. Another prediction, by the way, is that he may pay out a few small accounts to stall for even longer.

If he represented a serious business, he would, of course, pay his biggest, best customers first. But then he would not shut down a smoothly running business in the first place.

The stalling tactic makes only sense if you're still accepting deposit and "operating" the ponzi.

Pirate said he was closing and not accepting new deposit. Now tell why the fuck would he stay around and pretend to be working at paying us back?
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:07:54 PM

it bothers me that someone would use an uncle scrooge avatar and in anyway support pirate and his business practices/model.

the real uncle scrooge would laugh at the thought of parting with his money in such a haphazardly way.

change it
totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:09:48 PM

it bothers me that someone would use an uncle scrooge avatar and in anyway support pirate and his business practices/model.

the real uncle scrooge would laugh at the thought of parting with his money in such a haphazardly way.

change it

lol agreed

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:14:41 PM

change it

FOR.  THE.  WIN.   Cheesy

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:16:05 PM

"Uncle Scrooge" is actually Donald Duck.  Wink
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:16:49 PM

major lulz

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:30:11 PM

Could you elaborate on what bitlane could possibly do to delay payment?

The more time pirate spends responding to irate pms the less time he has to get his shit together.  Every minute spent on pms is a minute he loses for doing productive work.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:42:56 PM

[05:26] <AnonX> pirateat40: can you start paying people soon?
[05:27] <+_matthew_> Topic: I'm giving 100% ROI away to anyone who thinks pirate is a fraud  (Read 6434 times)
[05:27] <+_matthew_> lawl
[05:27] <+BTCHero> don't do it

[05:27] <@pirateat40> Luceo, im use to it.
[05:27] <+_matthew_> One of the most popular threads on the forum
 06[05:27] * TimothyA 's stomach growls
[05:27] <TimothyA> I really want to eat something on my birthday..
[05:27] <copumpkin> happy birthday to you
[05:27] <arij> cake
[05:27] <@pirateat40> AnonX, the more you ask the longer I spent finding your account to add to the end of the line.

Lovely treatment to a creditor.

Isn't this, together with bitlane's PMs, grounds for a scammer tag? What a cunt.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: