Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:15:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: And here we go in the red zone again. BTC under $220 .WTF s going on?  (Read 2394 times)
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 05:04:49 PM

Most of cloud mining services and most of ordinary miners are entering the red zone of potential shut down when BTC goes under $220.
Comments? Where do we go from here?
The blockchain is a self regulating entity. So fucking what if a lot of companies give up? There is always someone out there that is going to profit from that. Less people mining: More profit for those that stay mining.

I agree, I'd love nothing more than to see the 300PH of miners from big farms/clouds get shut down and the difficulty drop down to where an individual with an average home mining setup are the ones finding the majority of the blocks.  It will be a healthier system if we can get back to that point.  Bitcoin shouldn't be an industrial endeavor, it was meant for "the little guy", and in the end the network and bitcoin's value will reflect that.
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:38:56 PM

I also have a feeling whenever we face one of these large dumps, it might be something to do with some illegitimate companies closing their doors and just running away. This time I have not been able to identify a company which might ve done this. Also, do not forget we still have lots of early adopters owning hundreds of thousands BTC. Selling 2-3k to buy a new car or an apartment s not a problem for them and it does affect the price.

If we suppose an early adopter sell all his bitcoin for buy a lot of when they will be more cheap, and after the price will be slowly high. What will you think? The result will be that those early adopter will have more and more bitcoin (if we suppose this scenario).

It s holding for now at this price. Where to from here?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:43:55 PM

I also have a feeling whenever we face one of these large dumps, it might be something to do with some illegitimate companies closing their doors and just running away. This time I have not been able to identify a company which might ve done this. Also, do not forget we still have lots of early adopters owning hundreds of thousands BTC. Selling 2-3k to buy a new car or an apartment s not a problem for them and it does affect the price.

If we suppose an early adopter sell all his bitcoin for buy a lot of when they will be more cheap, and after the price will be slowly high. What will you think? The result will be that those early adopter will have more and more bitcoin (if we suppose this scenario).

It s holding for now at this price. Where to from here?

If you follow the trend lines, down down down.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:18:59 PM

next wave down should be starting anytime
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:51:48 PM

I wish btc would either pump or die, this slow death shit is getting really fucking old.
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:53:50 PM

next wave down should be starting anytime

Could you give a rough timetable. An estimate of course, but I want to check out whether we are thinking the same. Or someone else for that matter.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:58:44 PM

I agree, I'd love nothing more than to see the 300PH of miners from big farms/clouds get shut down and the difficulty drop down to where an individual with an average home mining setup are the ones finding the majority of the blocks.  It will be a healthier system if we can get back to that point.  Bitcoin shouldn't be an industrial endeavor, it was meant for "the little guy", and in the end the network and bitcoin's value will reflect that.

It will never reflect that. This is survival of the most efficient. The miners that remain will use the least watts per hash or have access to cheaper electricity. Like the strange lifeforms of the Cambrian period, the sun has set on the little guy mining at home.
flyingplows

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:34:53 PM

Big farms are just hashing and selling, hashing and selling.. no matter what.. and it's a constant selling pressure. If they manage to sell cloudmining tha maybe investors don't sell their mined btc, but if not than all mined ntc are on the exchanges I guess Roll Eyes

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:01:33 AM

Big farms are just hashing and selling, hashing and selling.. no matter what.. and it's a constant selling pressure. If they manage to sell cloudmining tha maybe investors don't sell their mined btc, but if not than all mined ntc are on the exchanges I guess Roll Eyes

i still think it is not farm fault, farms always existed in bitcoin world, and before was even worse because of the block reward at 50 btc, they are surely not the real reason for any big drop...

real reason is a combination of hacker/rich guy that bought when btc was young(now they are dumping), poors that can't buy other bitcoin and they are stuck at 600-1200 price, and others small factors

i would add that a red zone now would be considered sub 200, anything above is still a safe value for the btc price, in the sense that it shouldn't be seen as a big crash or whatever...,
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 09:27:54 AM

A complete shutdown? Have we seen the hash rate dropping after the recent lows dropping to 150 few weeks ago? I think we all underestimated the actual mining cost especially in countries where electricity is so cheap and new hardware can be churned out so fast.

ninjapug

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:23:28 AM

okcoin settlements glitch might be the reason for the price drop.
Tugbit

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:37:34 AM

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/960/Buitenland/article/detail/2290212/2015/04/17/Grieken-halen-steeds-meer-geld-af-bij-de-banken-Balkan-bereidt-zich-voor-op-failliet.dhtml

Article in our newspaper today (Dutch) :

Summary:
Greece peeps are taking their money out of the banks at a rising pace, Greek banks are bleeding dead, in need for another rescue operation, Balkan region is preparing for default.

I like it when fiat ponzi schemes get in trouble
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: