Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:25:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's Bet That Pirate Pays Back Everyone Thread  (Read 3650 times)
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 07:37:34 AM

Here is a wager that I am making available that I encourage everyone not to bet me, but I will bet anyone that wants after this warning.

If you think that Pirateat40, a user I believe to be at control of the largest BTC Ponzi in the history of Bitcoin Will make good on all of his obligations to all parties and those parties will then meet all of their obligations to their parties then I will offer you a 1-to-1 wager on any amount.

The terms of this bet, if anyone chooses to make it, are as follows:

-- you must send bitcoins to:  1Jy5Ss8BprE2LHdTfj3KS2wvAm2KaF1zm9  to bet me.  I don't know any of you very well to take any chances.  I understand this may turn you off from betting me.  I'm trying to do so by making this an almost air-tight bet for me to win.  IMO the terms are extremely favorable to me and extremely unfavorable to anyone stupid enough to bet me.  So if you want to bet me still, send coins to the above hash.  No I'm not going to repeat it.  

-- I will accept a bet of any size.  Literally any size.  Send 5% of the total bitcoins in circulation to my hash like you guys did to Pirate. I don't care go ahead ship it.   I can accept any amount wagered

In order for you to win the wager:

Pirateat40, Bitcoinmax, and all BurtW-run Pirate Pass-Throughs bonds must pay all obligations in full by 9/1/2012 at 1:11am PST.  If any one account on any one site goes unpaid then I win the wager.

I will be the sole arbiter of this wager.  I am extremely fair and if you do not think so then don't bet me.  The answer to settle this bet will be extremely obvious either way. All accounts.  All Pirate Payback.  I hope you guys have learned your lesson from this and do not bet me.  It's throwing away BTC if you send them to my hash above.  Don't bet me, but I will of course accept all bets if after this you still want to bet on Pirateat40.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 07:40:37 AM

Did your mother ever drop you on your head ?

Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 07:44:48 AM

Trolling and FUD IMO

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 08:08:14 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2012, 09:35:27 AM by dust

I will recommend using escrow for this bet as well.

EDIT: Trolled  Undecided

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 08:36:44 AM

I will recommend using escrow for this bet as well.

no escrow, do not bet me if you do not agree to terms. 

gllen
Donator

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:03:18 AM

An outspoken critic of BTC ponzi schemes bets more BTC than he has (or can afford).

Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:13:43 AM

Here is a wager that I am making available that I encourage everyone not to bet me, but I will bet anyone that wants after this warning.

If you think that Pirateat40, a user I believe to be at control of the largest BTC Ponzi in the history of Bitcoin Will make good on all of his obligations to all parties and those parties will then meet all of their obligations to their parties then I will offer you a 1-to-1 wager on any amount.

-- you must send bitcoins to:  1Jy5Ss8BprE2LHdTfj3KS2wvAm2KaF1zm9  to bet me.  I don't know any of you very well to take any chances.  I understand this may turn you off from betting me.  I'm trying to do so by making this an almost air-tight bet for me to win.  IMO the terms are extremely favorable to me and extremely unfavorable to anyone stupid enough to bet me.  So if you want to bet me still, send coins to the above hash.  No I'm not going to repeat it. 

-- I will accept a bet of any size.  Literally any size.  Send 5% of the total bitcoins in circulation to my hash like you guys did to Pirate. I don't care go ahead ship it.   I can accept any amount wagered

Pirateat40, Bitcoinmax, and all BurtW-run Pirate Pass-Throughs bonds must pay all obligations in full by 9/1/2012 at 1:11am PST.  If any one account on any one site goes unpaid then I win the wager.

I will be the sole arbiter of this wager.  I am extremely fair and if you do not think so then don't bet me.  The answer to settle this bet will be extremely obvious either way. All accounts.  All Pirate Payback.  I hope you guys have learned your lesson from this and do not bet me.  It's throwing away BTC if you send them to my hash above.  Don't bet me, but I will of course accept all bets if after this you still want to bet on Pirateat40.
By the proof micon used against pirate, micon is a scammer

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 09:20:05 AM

By the proof micon used against pirate, micon is a scammer
Actually, the proof Micon presented, if you accept it, proves Pirate is a scammer. That same proof, against Micon, proves that he is honest. You are missing the fact that Micon's proof purports to show that Pirate is *not* doing what he claims. Micon is claiming to do precisely what you are trying to prove he's doing. That's not scamming.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:27:49 AM

The conditions on this bet are ridiculous. Also, there are BTC0 in that address.

A bit pointless tbh, except the point is to give another indication of how many fools are around here, reading this forum.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:33:38 AM

The conditions on this bet are ridiculous. Also, there are BTC0 in that address.

A bit pointless tbh, except the point is to give another indication of how many fools are around here, reading this forum.

This bet is a parody (of sorts) on another bet. It is also obviously intentionally designed to have ridiculous terms. However, given all the "infinitism of idiocy" around here, many might actually find it appealing.

-
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 09:38:10 AM

This guy is the only person on the forum that places his own name in every thread title he starts. Only wankers speak about themselves in the third person.

Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 10:29:05 AM

i am illustrating the following points:

-- no one believes Pirate will pay
-- ppl make bad bets
-- ppl accept horrible terms
-- ppl use vague language when listing the terms
-- burtW can bet more on Pirate not being a Ponzi if he wants

drakahn

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:52:38 AM

i am illustrating the following points:

-- no one believes Pirate will pay
-- ppl make bad bets
-- ppl accept horrible terms
-- ppl use vague language when listing the terms
-- burtW can bet more on Pirate not being a Ponzi if he wants

1) I do not believe you will or can pay when you lose
2) yes they do, MNW is about to make a few thousand bitcoins
3) as above
4) Generally it is accepted vague language lands in the favour of the person that didn't write it.
5) burtW can do what he likes, I am not his mother.

Luceo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:21:57 AM

You're not asking people just to gamble on pirate, you're also asking them to gamble on the honesty of PPT operators...

Stick to a simple bet.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:24:50 AM

You're not asking people just to gamble on pirate, you're also asking them to gamble on the honesty of PPT operators...

Stick to a simple bet.

He already made that bet, maxed it even!

Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 12:00:07 PM

Stick to a simple bet.

Just BurtW and Payb.tc - most people think they would pay if pirate pays - so you are mostly betting on Pirate paying in full.

This is not a troll thread, but a simple example that no one will bet me as stated. 

no one thinks Pirate will pay back the 1-5M USD he owes.

UPDATE:  no one has bet me yet

HATERS:  silent

BurtW?  Clipse?  aq?  MissCredency or whatever?  where did these ppl go?  Remember when BurtW posted in his sig BCST wasn't a Ponzi?

Luceo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 12:02:40 PM

I already have a fairly large bet on Pirate. It's in my BTCST account. Wink

drakahn

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 12:04:24 PM

Trolling and FUD IMO
Yes, we all have FUD that you were not dropped on your head...

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 01:00:02 AM

Stick to a simple bet.

Just BurtW and Payb.tc - most people think they would pay if pirate pays - so you are mostly betting on Pirate paying in full.

This is not a troll thread, but a simple example that no one will bet me as stated. 

no one thinks Pirate will pay back the 1-5M USD he owes.

UPDATE:  no one has bet me yet

HATERS:  silent

BurtW?  Clipse?  aq?  MissCredency or whatever?  where did these ppl go?  Remember when BurtW posted in his sig BCST wasn't a Ponzi?

They know how bad you are at poker and dont want to send you coins to blow on seals.

Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 04:01:34 AM

holy shit.

1st bet accepted for .003 BTC from  1Jy5Ss8BprE2LHdTfj3KS2wvAm2KaF1zm9

GL on your wager sir. 

Results will be posted 9/1/12 after 1:11am  - meaning there is still time to bet me

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 04:10:49 AM

holy shit.

1st bet accepted for .003 BTC from  1Jy5Ss8BprE2LHdTfj3KS2wvAm2KaF1zm9

GL on your wager sir.  

Results will be posted 9/1/12 after 1:11am  - meaning there is still time to bet me

Post link to podcast! And what do I need to have to listen? Do people still use Winamp?

zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 05:20:20 AM

Am I the only one wondering what there is to stop pirate paying back, ultimately with Micon's lost bet against pirate that pirate won't pay back?

Micon - you're not looking very smart here.  Stick to poker.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 05:26:31 AM

http://www.donkdown.com/donkdown-radio-bitcoin-magazine-matt-pirateat40-ponzi-poker-is-skill-it-wasnt-just-bad-luck-all-these-years-crazier-mike/

DonkDown Radio: Bitcoin Magazine Matt’s 10k BTC bet on Pirateat40 Ponzi, Poker is Skill (it wasn’t just bad luck all these years) & Crazier Mike

Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 09:42:58 AM

Am I the only one wondering what there is to stop pirate paying back, ultimately with Micon's lost bet against pirate that pirate won't pay back?

Micon - you're not looking very smart here.  Stick to poker.

1)  he would have to post the coins.

2)  So all he has to do now is get *another* 500,000 BTC loan, send me all of that, then pay out everyone with the other $5M (which he doesn't have, because he paid tons of the principle out in interest over the many months creating guys like PSY / BurtW / Payb.tc / Aq / Clipse that say "wow, he pays!  every week! and there is even a website to withdraw that shows you a number and then sends it to your wallet when it's time for payment each monday! so he actually needs more than he stole remember - the 7%... remember the 7%... it eats up principle each and every week)

3)  poker isn't nearly as juicy as bitcoin IMO.  You guys are sending $5M to dudes for 7%/wk.  I'm sure I can beat the gambling section harder. I mean fuck, Matt is just shipping $50k USD all over the community's face.  It's better than Partypoker c. 2006.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:48:02 AM

I mean fuck, Matt is just shipping $50k USD all over the community's face.  It's better than Partypoker c. 2006.
Cheesy

zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 02:46:37 PM

2)  So all he has to do now is get *another* 500,000 BTC loan, send me all of that, then pay out everyone with the other $5M (which he doesn't have, because he paid tons of the principle out in interest over the many months creating guys like PSY / BurtW / Payb.tc / Aq / Clipse that say "wow, he pays!  every week! and there is even a website to withdraw that shows you a number and then sends it to your wallet when it's time for payment each monday! so he actually needs more than he stole remember - the 7%... remember the 7%... it eats up principle each and every week)

3)  poker isn't nearly as juicy as bitcoin IMO.  You guys are sending $5M to dudes for 7%/wk.  I'm sure I can beat the gambling section harder. I mean fuck, Matt is just shipping $50k USD all over the community's face.  It's better than Partypoker c. 2006.

Were I pirate it wouldn't be hard to get the short-term dosh to wipe you out on your own terms Micon.  In fact, I think could do it myself.

I'm glad it's only Micon that is long Micon.  You're so naive you wouldn't last a week in real financial markets.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 07:35:48 PM

Were I pirate it wouldn't be hard to get the short-term dosh to wipe you out on your own terms Micon.  In fact, I think could do it myself.

I'm glad it's only Micon that is long Micon.  You're so naive you wouldn't last a week in real financial markets.

It wouldn't be hard to get another US$5M worth of bitcoins? Surely you can't believe that, even the most ardent of Pirate supporters would have to suspend all reason to consider loaning him millions more.

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 11:53:06 PM

At the very moment you are stating that

-- I will accept a bet of any size.  Literally any size.

it becomes clear that this bet is a fucking scam, because you apparently didn't think a second about paying back. If you would have done so, you would have limited the maximum amount according to what you would be able to loose. This is bullshit.

And bitcoin.me is right, speaking in third person about oneself is a complete no-go and a reliable indication of… lets just say a weird guy, I don't want to be rude.
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 11:58:12 PM

-- I will accept a bet of any size.  Literally any size.

it becomes clear that this bet is a fucking scam, because you apparently didn't think a second about paying back. If you would have done so, you would have limited the maximum amount according to what you would be able to loose. This is bullshit.

And bitcoin.me is right, speaking in third person about oneself is a complete no-go and a reliable indication of… lets just say a weird guy, I don't want to be rude.

Betting with money he does not have.

Keep it classy Micon.

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 12:04:54 AM

Obviously there are limits, but what makes you think Micon couldn't cover any reasonable sized bet, either on his own or through a network of well financed gamblers?
yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 12:06:16 AM

Obviously there are limits, but what makes you think Micon couldn't cover any reasonable sized bet, either on his own or through a network of well financed gamblers?

Obviously there are limits when the man just stated he will take a bet OF ANY SIZE? 

I swear the IQ on this forum drops daily.  Just make up your own reality.....

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 12:16:49 AM

Obviously there are limits when the man just stated he will take a bet OF ANY SIZE?  

I swear the IQ on this forum drops daily.  Just make up your own reality.....

Yes. In normal conversation often things are said that have to be clarified later as terms are firmed up.

If you were get custom cabinets made and the cabinet maker said he could make them whatever size you wanted, would you berate him because he can't make you cabinets the size of the Bohr radius or an AU wide?
yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 12:22:22 AM

I swear the IQ on this forum drops daily.  Just make up your own reality.....

Yes. In normal conversation often things are said that have to be clarified later as terms are firmed up.

If you were get custom cabinets made and the cabinet maker said he could make them whatever size you wanted, would you berate him because he can't make you cabinets the size a the Bohr radius or an AU wide?

Not even comparable.  There is no phyisical limit on the size of a bet. 

Cabinets are not exponentially scaleable.  Betting is. 

I can bet 10 BTC, 100, 10000, or 10000.....the last bet being 1,000X the first.  I cannot have cabinets made that are 1,000X the size of average cabinets. 

The only clear limit on this bet is the total BTC in circulation.  We all know Micon does not control even a sizeable fraction of that, and thus is willing to bet with money he does not have.  It's bush league and something that is simply not acceptable. 

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 12:23:24 AM

If you were get custom cabinets made and the cabinet maker said he could make them whatever size you wanted, would you berate him because he can't make you cabinets the size a the Bohr radius or an AU wide?

Not even comparable.  There is no phyisical limit on the size of a bet.  

Cabinets are not exponentially scaleable.  Betting is.  

I can bet 10 BTC, 100, 10000, or 10000.....the last bet being 1,000X the first.  I cannot have cabinets made that are 1,000X the size of average cabinets.  

The only clear limit on this bet is the total BTC in circulation.  We all know Micon does not control even a sizeable fraction of that, and thus is willing to bet with money he does not have.  It's bush league and something that is simply not acceptable.  

Who said the bet needed to be in BTC? He could always amend the terms.
yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 12:25:11 AM

Not even comparable.  There is no phyisical limit on the size of a bet.  

Cabinets are not exponentially scaleable.  Betting is.  

I can bet 10 BTC, 100, 10000, or 10000.....the last bet being 1,000X the first.  I cannot have cabinets made that are 1,000X the size of average cabinets.  

The only clear limit on this bet is the total BTC in circulation.  We all know Micon does not control even a sizeable fraction of that, and thus is willing to bet with money he does not have.  It's bush league and something that is simply not acceptable.  

Who said the bet needed to be in BTC? He could always amend the terms.

Nice attempt at a red herring.

It does not matter if the bet is in BTC or fucking Pesos.....the exact same principles apply. 

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 12:25:48 AM

Also, I think you might have missed this.

-- you must send bitcoins to:  1Jy5Ss8BprE2LHdTfj3KS2wvAm2KaF1zm9  to bet me.  I don't know any of you very well to take any chances.  I understand this may turn you off from betting me.  I'm trying to do so by making this an almost air-tight bet for me to win.  IMO the terms are extremely favorable to me and extremely unfavorable to anyone stupid enough to bet me.  So if you want to bet me still, send coins to the above hash.  No I'm not going to repeat it.  

-- I will accept a bet of any size.  Literally any size.  Send 5% of the total bitcoins in circulation to my hash like you guys did to Pirate. I don't care go ahead ship it.   I can accept any amount wagered

Pirateat40, Bitcoinmax, and all BurtW-run Pirate Pass-Throughs bonds must pay all obligations in full by 9/1/2012 at 1:11am PST.  If any one account on any one site goes unpaid then I win the wager.

I will be the sole arbiter of this wager.  I am extremely fair and if you do not think so then don't bet me.  The answer to settle this bet will be extremely obvious either way. All accounts.  All Pirate Payback.  I hope you guys have learned your lesson from this and do not bet me.  It's throwing away BTC if you send them to my hash above.  Don't bet me, but I will of course accept all bets if after this you still want to bet on Pirateat40.
yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 12:27:16 AM

Also, I think you might have missed this.

I missed nothing.  He is offering to bet with money he does not have.  It is pathetic. 

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: