Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:18:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good time to invest in btc?  (Read 5451 times)
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 06:06:28 PM

Ive actually decided to buy another btc but i can see one of the major problems with btc is actually trying to get hold of them. I can buy on localbitcoins but only for quite high over market price.
Set an account up with Coinbase or another exchange? Pretty easy.
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 06:09:17 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2015, 06:21:46 PM by helloeverybody

Ive actually decided to buy another btc but i can see one of the major problems with btc is actually trying to get hold of them. I can buy on localbitcoins but only for quite high over market price.
Set an account up with Coinbase or another exchange? Pretty easy.
#

Im sure i tried them and they dont take uk bank accounts?

Edit:- no they dont

maybe its just hard to buy in the uk, ive used virwox paypal method but have to pay through the nose for it, and ive had luck with local bitcoins but being a pretty new buyer with little feedback its not as easy as you would expect. i also signed up for speedybitcoins but they still havent sent out a referee code.

im sure theres an easy way, Ive just not found it yet.

D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 06:46:53 PM

Can try Circle, BTC-e, Bitstamp, Okcoin.  New one starting up is to purchase BTC from is https://banxtrade.com/

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
farting_shot

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:11:57 PM

Btc and Investing don't go together. What is investing if your investment continuously drops in value? If you keep losing money in a commodity, do you call it an investment? Save your money, invest it somewhere else other than crypto-currency. There's no more money to be made here. All advantages belong to early adopters and whales; any new comer is now called a bag-holder. Please do NOT become a bag-holder. Btc will go down to $0.00, its true value.
mikelitoris

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:05:06 PM

bitcoin is never again going to 4 digits, you can see europe collapsing now, are they rushing into bitcoin?? no..
don't let the dreamers con you into their bitcoin utopia dream of billion dollar bitcoins & if you really must own some bitcoins wait until the price falls below $100 later this year  Undecided

6561742061206469636b
D05GTO

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:11:40 PM

Trolls will be trolls.  If they thought BTC really would end up at 0, then they would not be here period.

Now.. maybe investing in BTC and BTC companies.  Here's a Video for Banx Capital company.

https://vimeo.com/125272899

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:51:10 PM

Trolls will be trolls.  If they thought BTC really would end up at 0, then they would not be here period.

Now.. maybe investing in BTC and BTC companies.  Here's a Video for Banx Capital company.

https://vimeo.com/125272899

wake up. people have been making a sick amount of money shorting bitcoin for the past year. and its not going to 0 but its going to 130-150.

Dr. LY

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:57:05 PM

Im guessing this may be a question better asked to a crystal ball?

yes, better ask the crystal ball Wink

If you buy, the price will probably go down, and bears will be screaming they warned you not to.

If you don't, it'll probably go up and the bulls will be screaming generally.

Maybe buy a little every week over the next 6 months.

With current sentiment I might try waiting for a long period of stability followed by some gentle uptrend. (Then again, what we have currently may be what passes as stability around here). In the long term, a lot of people seem to think Bitcoin has a bright future. The price can go higher, but it's not impossible it'll go via $10 first Grin

In summary, I have no idea. Only dabble in Bitcoin if you can handle the rollercoaster Smiley

This is the most accurate thing I've ever read on this forum
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:38:00 PM

Reply to OP, for me its a good time to buy and I have been doing so making a few purchases over last few weeks. Ready to purchase some more if price drops further. However I think good chance bottom is already in which we saw recently at about $180 but even if it continues lower todays prices will look cheap in time and with a little patience
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 12:24:28 AM

It takes vision and a strong stomach to be an early adopter of something. I'd hope that along with purchasing bitcoins that people actually have an understanding of what the benefits of it are and why it was created in the first place. In lieu of that, just go ahead and buy and wait for the price to rise.
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 12:36:56 AM

Btc and Investing don't go together. What is investing if your investment continuously drops in value? If you keep losing money in a commodity, do you call it an investment? Save your money, invest it somewhere else other than crypto-currency. There's no more money to be made here. All advantages belong to early adopters and whales; any new comer is now called a bag-holder. Please do NOT become a bag-holder. Btc will go down to $0.00, its true value.

Most or all forms of investment involve some form of risk. Why would companies waste money in bitcoin if there is no money to be made?
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:44:28 AM

FTFY
Btc will go up to +$10000.00, its true value.

Most or all forms of investment involve some form of risk. Why would companies waste money in bitcoin if there is no money to be made?
Just so ya know, you're quoting and engaging a known miscreant, aiding and abetting a troll, and involving yourself in the commission of a felony around here known as conspiracy to commit FUD. Please, be careful the next time you see a stupid post by a fart or the other dirty socks writ large.
bornil267645

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 11:00:11 AM

Anytime is good for investing in Bitcoin, because more investment will mean more security for the bitcoin community. There will be more adoption and new users will be attracted to the market. So keep on investing... Cheesy Cheesy

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:06:54 PM

Still a lot of people don' tknow what a bitcoin is and how to use it. When bitcoin will be mass adopted and price will be 10k$/1 BTC there will be no good time to invest Smiley so now it's the best time for investment.
asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:12:48 PM

With the price down to ~$200 is now the time to be buying them?

I can answer in my personal opinion that now is still a good time to buy at 225, we are pretty much at the lowest it has been for a few months where we touched $166 for roughly just a few minutes.

Then we climbed back to 300 within the month, there are a lot of manipulators in the market who are not ready to leave so you can bet it will rise again for sure as you touched upon only invest what you can afford to lose then you will never worry will you?.

That being said was my opinion others will have different so the question is probably best suited for a crystal ball.

ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 11:04:22 AM

Anytime is good for investing in Bitcoin, because more investment will mean more security for the bitcoin community. There will be more adoption and new users will be attracted to the market. So keep on investing... Cheesy Cheesy

Ummmmm, I gotta ask... How is investing in Bitcoin supporting the community or making it more secure or safe or whatever? I do get that mining or investing into companies (or core developers) building the backbone is good for Bitcoin, but simply buying BTC!?

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 11:05:26 AM

I know this is your standard noob question but being new to bitcoin/cryptocurrency i thought it would be worth asking. With the price down to ~$200 is now the time to be buying them? Ive read some of the horror stories of people losing 30k etc and that's more than a lifetime of savings which if i had couldn't even comprehend losing. At the moment ive bought my first btc but am now worried of a potential crash.

I know you shouldnt risk what you cant afford to lose but you have to take some risks i suppose.

thanks and apologies if this gets asked everyday.

It's a really good time to invest in Bitcoin.  I say...  Take the plunge.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:41:36 PM

Ummmmm, I gotta ask... How is investing in Bitcoin supporting the community or making it more secure or safe or whatever? I do get that mining or investing into companies (or core developers) building the backbone is good for Bitcoin, but simply buying BTC!?

By buying BTC you drive the price up, which can never be bad within itself. That is if there is demand for it tho. Right now its a great time to buy, if you want to call yourself a pioneer in a couple of years.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 11:57:20 AM

By buying BTC you drive the price up, which can never be bad within itself. That is if there is demand for it tho. Right now its a great time to buy, if you want to call yourself a pioneer in a couple of years.

Well, but it isn't doing anything to the security or 'quality' of Bitcoin. It's purely affecting the market value of it as an asset. I know this is what most people want, anyways, but is really isn't doing anything else, actually...

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 12:07:19 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2015, 01:04:17 PM by Amph

Well, but it isn't doing anything to the security or 'quality' of Bitcoin. It's purely affecting the market value of it as an asset. I know this is what most people want, anyways, but is really isn't doing anything else, actually...

you makes it more strong, and actually a better price is helping the network security, because more farms can join, and the hash will be greater, thus much difficult to do a 51% attack, not to mention that it will restore the faith in the world population at least in part, and they will begin to invest again

so no, the price does matter
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: