Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:45:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory disconnects when trying to send  (Read 614 times)
Piper67 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:08:36 PM

Hi everyone:

I posted this to the Armory website over a week ago, but still no reply, so I thought I'd give it a try here:

This problem has been happening more and more often lately, hoping you can help.

Running Bitcoin Core 0.9.3 and Armory 0.92.3.

More often than not, when I try to send BTC, I get an error message from the tray icon that says "Connection to Bitcoin-QT lost! Armory cannot send or receive bitcoins". A second later, the connection is re-established, but the BTC were never sent.

If I try a different amount, or different combinations, I can sometimes get around it.

If I rescan and rebuild the databases the problem usually will go away (though only for a few days, then it comes back). But spending hours rebuilding the databases every time I want to send BTC somewhat defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

What's going on?
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:18:00 PM

It means your Armory DB is going out of sync after a while and using spent txouts to create its transactions (as it fails to see new blocks, it doesn't know those txouts have been spent). The transactions it creates with those spent txouts are seen by your Core instance as double spends (which they are). As a result, Core will ban your local instance of Armory, since it now thinks it's a malicious node, thus the disconnections.

Rescanning the DB gets Armory back in sync and things start working again until the bug reappears. The solution is to update Armory. This is a common bug with 0.92.3.

Piper67 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:35:25 PM

Thanks so much, Goatpig. Been mulling the upgrade of both Armory and Core for a while now (was put off initially by some reports of crashes and so on). Maybe I should just bite the bullet and upgrade.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:58:47 PM

Thanks so much, Goatpig. Been mulling the upgrade of both Armory and Core for a while now (was put off initially by some reports of crashes and so on). Maybe I should just bite the bullet and upgrade.

If you are afraid your system won't like Armory 0.93, you should install it in its own dedicated folder, with it's own datadir, so that you may fall back to 0.92.3 easily if you get in trouble. You don't need to update your offline signer btw. You don't need to update Core either, although it's preferable.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: