News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bullish or bearish?
Bearish
Bullish

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you bullish or bearish right now?  (Read 5736 times)
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 07:09:55 PM

The similarity there is staggering. I have never compared these two graphs before.

Keep in mind that this is in no way a guarantee or anything that proves or makes it more probable that Bitcoin is going to perform in a (even remotely) similar way! It merely shows that assets may perform bad over a certain timeframe and return to performing well again. Humans love to look for and find patterns and fractals in everything - especially charts!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:33:21 PM

The similarity there is staggering. I have never compared these two graphs before.

Keep in mind that this is in no way a guarantee or anything that proves or makes it more probable that Bitcoin is going to perform in a (even remotely) similar way! It merely shows that assets may perform bad over a certain timeframe and return to performing well again. Humans love to look for and find patterns and fractals in everything - especially charts!

This is a fair comment. I have seen many a YouTube vid on Elliott wave, predictions etc and they rarely come true.

Market manipulation, world events and human nature + many more factors take place to ruin predictions.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:52:34 PM

Just vote on the poll and maybe add a comment why.

I voted for yes i am bullish because we have to remember the amount of investments that has gone into this recently it has not reflected in the price at all as far as i am aware because of the manipulation, but i am pretty sure before long we will see it break out. User adoption rising and  i am just an all around positive person, so that reflects my vote.. 

All VC investments won't do anything for price within the next two or three years. All they do is help building an infrastructure that may be very useful in a few years. Don't get me wrong, this is very very important and a very positive thing but it won't affect the price at all for the time being.
The price will be definitely making a move and likely a major move during your time frame and I would proffer that the upgrades in infrastructure will be contributing underlying sentiments that help fuel the good times. We are way undervalued for current times, it's just that big dogs are buying time for their associates to build their stash and let the upcoming institutional tools to kick off the next run. At least that's what I think, to each their own.

Yeah, that's a valid hypothesis. I think it can't be really proven, but it may hold true. In my books, even if the VC fundings don't do anything to fuel the price directly, they certainly won't hurt Bitcoin's future development. We need innovation, we need new products and services, we basically need an incentive for people to go and use BTC. And with the underlying technology and services improving, this gets more and more likely.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1432

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:49:01 PM

I voted for yes i am bullish because we have to remember the amount of investments that has gone into this recently it has not reflected in the price at all as far as i am aware because of the manipulation, but i am pretty sure before long we will see it break out. User adoption rising and  i am just an all around positive person, so that reflects my vote.. 

All VC investments won't do anything for price within the next two or three years. All they do is help building an infrastructure that may be very useful in a few years. Don't get me wrong, this is very very important and a very positive thing but it won't affect the price at all for the time being.
The price will be definitely making a move and likely a major move during your time frame and I would proffer that the upgrades in infrastructure will be contributing underlying sentiments that help fuel the good times. We are way undervalued for current times, it's just that big dogs are buying time for their associates to build their stash and let the upcoming institutional tools to kick off the next run. At least that's what I think, to each their own.

Yeah, that's a valid hypothesis. I think it can't be really proven, but it may hold true. In my books, even if the VC fundings don't do anything to fuel the price directly, they certainly won't hurt Bitcoin's future development. We need innovation, we need new products and services, we basically need an incentive for people to go and use BTC. And with the underlying technology and services improving, this gets more and more likely.

Close the loop.  You want people to spend in BTC?  They should be earning in BTC.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6591

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:15:20 AM

I am slightly bullish. Price has not moved near the recent low of $150 and $200 seems to hold. But I expect a long sideways movement until late 2015, where surely some of the speculators will leave the boat. But I think there is a great possibility that genuine use will slowly increase and so the "usage/speculation" ratio will go up.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:46:42 PM

Howcome so suddenly the poll got more bullish votes, bears were in the lead.
Probably someone uses his altaccounts to manipulate.
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:11:40 PM

Bullish of course. The price is still staying between $200 and $300 and not going lower. With the coming licences and halving in the future there's no reason to sell and wait for it to go lower.

Howcome so suddenly the poll got more bullish votes, bears were in the lead.
Probably someone uses his altaccounts to manipulate.

Why do you suspect bulls of manipulation but not the bears? Maybe the bears run out of their accounts and allowed the rest to catch up.

BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 03:08:35 PM

Why do you suspect bulls of manipulation but not the bears? Maybe the bears run out of their accounts and allowed the rest to catch up.

Because since yesterday the bulls suddenly got 30 extra votes, the amount is not in line with the trend (amount of votes per day) since the start of the vote. Also no extra (bullish) posts have been made, it's obvious this poll is not representable any longer. Might as well reset it.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 03:29:10 PM

I think we're about to see a BTC break-out (within a few days) to the upside followed by a complete LTC collapse before summer.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:52:13 PM

I think we're about to see a BTC break-out (within a few days) to the upside followed by a complete LTC collapse before summer.
That's a pretty bold claim considering the ltc halving comes in late summer. Plus, historically major btc rallies coincide w/ that of ltc which is usually larger.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:09:04 PM

That's a pretty bold claim considering the ltc halving comes in late summer. Plus, historically major btc rallies coincide w/ that of ltc which is usually larger.

Hasn't this downtrend taught us that price history should be confined to the bin forever? All the old dead certs have been comprehensively pissed all over.

Having said that there's a lot of potential upside for LTC, but if there's ever another price explosion for bitcoin the case for other coins will be weaker than ever.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:43:06 PM

Lemme check again...
Nope, Still bearish

mikenz

Activity: 215
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:11:43 AM

Last Chance to pick up cheap coins. Triangle is closing til 5/5 latest. next station 450-500

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-26826425/btc20150424.jpg.htm

I told u so 1 week ago. We left the 1.5 Downtrend triangle and it immediately went up the same day already. last chance now!!
Rafterman

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:41:57 PM

Bullish  Grin

short, mid, and longterm  Cool
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:09:09 PM

i was quite bullish but i am seeing a short term decline and believe it will be initiated very soon. so currently you can say i am bearish. next few months will be different for sure with block halving comming.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 01:03:15 AM

Bullish (what a surprise right  Cheesy I'm always bullish) but seriously, wave iii didn't play out, the flat stability is bullish. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=812637.msg11248761#msg11248761

lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:36:54 AM

i was quite bullish but i am seeing a short term decline and believe it will be initiated very soon. so currently you can say i am bearish. next few months will be different for sure with block halving comming.

Yeah now all is waiting next block comming and see what happen. Price up or still stable like now because many manupulation price on market Sad
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:00:47 AM

Depends on what you mean by "right now"? When it comes to the price short term, I'm kind of on the fence. Other than the mini spike in June last year, the price has been going down pretty much consistently over the past 15 or so months so I'd be lying if I said I knew that this is the bottom and that prices won't fall even further.

When it comes to the price long term, then I'm definitely very bullish although probably not as much as some other people here. The technology of the blockchain is sound and the benefits are pretty obvious (trustless, near-instant, and very low-cost transactions for starters). The past several years have shown that not only does the protocol not have any fatal weaknesses, but also that the network can scale and continue to remain resilient to attacks in the face of ever-increasing market caps. Even more importantly, mainstream society is now starting to accept BTC and the concept of cryptocurrencies. I first knew about Bitcoin back in 2011 and back then, I would never have thought that major companies like Microsoft, Dell, Overstock, and Expedia would be accepting BTC (granted, with the exception of Overstock, this description isn't truly accurate) or that companies like Microsoft and IBM would start their own blockchain-based projects.

I predict Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general have a fair shot at reaching the status of how gold is viewed today sometime in the future. To think that it will replace all fiat currencies and become the main currency is a bit more ambitious and slightly less likely IMHO, but still far greater compared to the risks of not investing at all:

Quote from: Hal Finney
So the possibility of generating coins today with a few cents of compute time may be quite a good bet, with a payoff of something like 100 million to 1! Even if the odds of Bitcoin succeeding to this degree are slim, are they really 100 million to one against? Something to think about...
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:41:00 PM

Yeah now all is waiting next block comming and see what happen. Price up or still stable like now because many manupulation price on market Sad
Judging by the impact of halvings of other coins it never had a relevant effect on the price, even tho Bitcoin is not comparable to any alt because its the original coin, it may indeed serve as a bull presure when the day comes, in any case i have the halving day marked in my calendar as an important day.
Ruzka

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:01:22 PM

I voted long term bullish and short term bearish, this coin/tech has so much to offer, I really am not to fussed about price as long as it is still being adopted and people still care then that is what matters. Long live the bitcoin movement more than the price..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: