Bitcoin Forum
August 03, 2024, 10:19:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012-08-22 money.cnn.com - Get ready for a Bitcoin debit card  (Read 1115 times)
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 12:07:39 PM

http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/22/technology/startups/bitcoin-debit-card/index.html

"People are always asking, 'Well, what can I spend Bitcoins on?'" says Erik Voorhees, BitInstant's head of communications. "You can finally just say, 'Everything.'"

This is big news.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 12:08:30 PM

The article is in the "most popular" list at CNN Money.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 02:47:59 PM

Whoa, CNN!  Granted it's a subsection and not the top heading of the main site...but it's very mainstream nevertheless.  And not focused on Silk Road or Pirate, which is a nice change.

Some very interesting tidbits about future BitInstant products and VC interest in that article, too.

I'm feeling more optimistic and getting the urge to buy more BTC.
blueadept

Activity: 225
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 04:11:18 PM

My new plan is to start using Bitcoin for daily life when this happens.

I'm going to start converting a large chunk of my paycheck into bitcoins every pay period, and load them onto the card for purchases. I'm hoping enough people start doing this that the average uptrend in exchange rate cancels out the fees.

It would be easier and cheaper, though, if I could set up my direct deposit to send a portion of my pay to an exchanger directly, which would automatically send me bitcoins. I don't need anonymity for this. I don't think it should be a problem accepting ACH this way: how often do ADP and Paychex reverse their direct deposit payments?

ETA: I just bought coins on Sunday with BitInstant for the first time using BitcoinSpinner at Walmart and had my coins less than a minute after paying. It was easy and quick.

Like my posts?  Connect with me on LinkedIn and endorse my "Bitcoin" skill.
Decentralized, instant off-chain payments.
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 04:14:22 PM

They called it "BitMint" instead of "BitMit." At least they got the link right.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: