Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:21:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I sell a large portion of my Bitcoins at once?  (Read 2586 times)
Victor Beckham

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:58:17 AM

You did not mention from which country you are. But, wherever you are, you can use www.LocalBitcoins.com & www.100bit.co.in to sell off. Remember, DO NOT SELL TO A SINGLE PERSON. Create different orders of say 10 BTC at a time and chose different people as your counter party...

maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:59:59 AM

I just want to tell you Op that you need to be aware of selling your  bitcoin via a major exchange. If you will share your personal information and then conduct a business it will more likely result of this information being processed to government tax agency - IRS (I don't know where are you from tho). You will most likely pay tax later. So I would avoid all major exchanges for now.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:07:00 AM

I would be more worried about finding a bank that won't freeze your funds in the instant your money arrives.  And of course with taxes.
For such big values any big exchange is good for you.

maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:22:44 AM

I would be more worried about finding a bank that won't freeze your funds in the instant your money arrives.  And of course with taxes.

I would be advised if you could split your coins and do not sell it at once at all. I think your best bet for now is to use localbitcoins.com. You will probably won't be able to sell all your coins at once. But you will be anonymous while doing it. And that in the long run will benefit you more.
Shasta McNasty (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 05:41:17 PM

if you plan to sell all at once, i don't recommend exchange, because you need id in order to sell such amount, and you will pay taxes for that resulting in a lower net at the end

if you can do it locally(in your zone) is better, or via localbitcoin also

Yeah, I had a felling selling them through an exchange wasn't as simple as people made it out to be. And i've been selling them locally through localbitcoin but most people just buy a couple at a time. I'm trying to sell them all (most) at once.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 05:45:02 PM

Open an account at any exchange, get yourself verified, sell the coins and transfer the money into your bank account.  It's pretty simple.

+1 I don't think you will find a better answer.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 05:52:36 PM

You have two options.

1) Dump now. Get your money but not enough to retire in good condition.
2) Hold for 5 years, come back and retire as a millionaire.

If you do 1, do not commit suicide when you come back in 5 years tho.
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 05:55:25 PM

I would recommend coinbase but don't sell them all at once, try to get in contact with a tax attorney  he will guide throw all legal processes so the goverment won't seize teh bitcoin for X reason.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:02:02 PM

Pretty much what xhomer posted however, I find it very interesting that a person purchased thousands of dollars of something some time back yet didn't pay enough attention to it until now. I'm not buying this, sorry.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:09:09 PM

1165 BTC! WOW!
When you bought in 2012 the price was really low compared to now.
If you don't need money at the moment and you just wanna go for profit I would hold for a few months longer. The price will go up again I'm pretty confident about that.
But for the moment you can open accounts at the exchanges with high volume and put some BTC on each.
Once again!If you wanna go for profit hold your coins for a few months longer is my opinion.
In the long run this stash could be worth a hell of money. I hope you won't regret in the future if you sell now.
ashour

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:09:42 PM

Pretty much what xhomer posted however, I find it very interesting that a person purchased thousands of dollars of something some time back yet didn't pay enough attention to it until now. I'm not buying this, sorry.
You think he Ctrl+U to edit the html ? Would be a shame, I would believe this story if he posted the bitcoin address  of the blockchain.info account holding all these coins.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:15:37 PM

Exactly, thats why you sell very slowly, or better yet, hold until you don't need to sell since you can buy everything with a sky rocketer stable BTC price.
Albert Hamilton

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:18:36 PM

Open an account at any exchange, get yourself verified, sell the coins and transfer the money into your bank account.  It's pretty simple.

+1 I don't think you will find a better answer.

It is not that simple. If he follows this advice, he'll probably share the same fate as of BurtW.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

No, RodeoX is correct. A licensed exchange is the safest place to sell them now. Burt was a localbitcoins thing. That's what my joke was about earlier in the thread.

I happened to agree with Chef Ramsey though. This story is unbelievable. 

ashour

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:40:39 PM

No, RodeoX is correct. A licensed exchange is the safest place to sell them now. Burt was a localbitcoins thing. That's what my joke was about earlier in the thread.

I happened to agree with Chef Ramsey though. This story is unbelievable. 
Yep, the html is probably manipulated since it doesn't show the QR code or the address of the bitcoin wallet.
needmoney
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1023

I am a good bro

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:51:55 PM

You can buy bitcoin debit card and use it for everything you want.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
.Just.Bet. 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
TRUSTLESS
DECENTRALIZED
TRANSPARENT
..PLAY NOW..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:57:28 PM

if you plan to sell all at once, i don't recommend exchange, because you need id in order to sell such amount, and you will pay taxes for that resulting in a lower net at the end

if you can do it locally(in your zone) is better, or via localbitcoin also

Yeah, I had a felling selling them through an exchange wasn't as simple as people made it out to be. And i've been selling them locally through localbitcoin but most people just buy a couple at a time. I'm trying to sell them all (most) at once.

then Circle may work, because they don't ask you for id, but they want your legal name and phone
¡ndustrialcoinmagic

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:03:10 PM

i suggest he donates some of hes bitcoins to some charity given the fact hes not a fan of bitcoin at lease % would go to a good cause.
josef2000

Activity: 280

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 07:38:38 PM

Wow, are you an early adapter?
Selling bitcoins is much easier than buying. Just search up some websites, but they have a certain limit. Try find a buyer on the forum if you want to.
Coinbase and bitstamp are probably the biggest exchanges. If you are in Europe, use Hitbtc.

Good Luck!

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Jarx

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:43:54 PM

If I need urgent money, I'd sell 1/3 of that.

If not, I keep them. If I don't want to keep them, I sell %50 of them and sell rest of it a few week later.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: